What's New....?

I’m not sure if i should say it but…

2 Likes

Things have been a bit hectic at work. It’s busy, we’re understaffed, it’s only going to get busier. It has also turned out that the delivery drivers at one of our sister stores, which is only a 10 minute drive away, make more money than we do. Apparently they are busier because their area is bigger and make more money, therefore get higher pay, but we’re super busy too, and I have no idea how we’re meant to hire anybody. We’re all still on minimum wage. What’s worse, my manager managed to negotiate a small pay rise for only some of the drivers. 4 out of 9 of us are getting a pay rise from £8.91 to £9.20. Our sister store, with drivers starting on day 1, get paid £9.50. And obviously I can’t tell any of the other drivers about this small pay rise incase of causing more problems.

Just, frustrating I guess. I’m not that worked up, I hope to only be in the job for a few more months, but some people are getting very frustrated. Our area manager said that if any of us don’t like it, we are free to transfer to the sister store and work there instead.

15 Likes

Well, I caught COVID and it’s not asymptomatic.
Fortunately I’ve had my two vacs shots months ago, but it still sucks.

I’m going to read a book in my fog between two fever dreams, hoping it’s just for a few days. It’s going to be fun.

21 Likes

Get well soon and take care!

8 Likes

Take care, hope you get over it soon.

6 Likes

I think of the strangest things I’ve witnessed on the Internet of all places has just happened. With the most recent Halloween Movie being released last Friday it’s no secret that the worst kept secret that isn’t a secret is they were revisiting the 1978 Film through flashbacks.

To a lot of 1978 purists this a lot of scrutiny can come from these scenes especially pertaining to the costume and mask. Well one detail at the end of the 1978 film was Michael being shot 6 times in the chest my Loomis. Unfortunately during the production of HKills they forgot about this detail despite it being stated in the script.

This created a debate among people where people claim the holes aren’t there, but others claim it is there just they say they are tiny this ultimately was dubbed Bullet Gate which makes me laugh every time this is mentioned in the discord I’m in.

Now I’ve looked, but I can’t see holes. I’m gonna leave images cause I think this is funny little weird October story that I witnessed unfold. I’m gonna put spoiler tags cause it’s still a relatively new film so.

• Bullets
  • No Bullets

0 voters

3 Likes

Is that Ezra Berg? Or just the same mask?

3 Likes

Ezra Berg is maybe just a Shatner Fanboy too.

9 Likes

My grandfather’s funeral is today and his burial is tomorrow. I plan on playing the Hitman: Blood Money version of Ave Maria at his burial.

12 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss.

8 Likes

We’re in the final round of the target championship, you might as well want to join and defend your homie targets!

4 Likes

Nothing “new”, but if you ever wanted to know how the probably most famous special move in videogame history was created, here you go:

4 Likes

ah, man. hope you get well soon.

i like mk as much as the next guy, but i’m pretty sure something from streetfighter 2 holds that title - and handily.

4 Likes

Not so sure about that. I think the “GET OVER HERE!” Line alone is more known among people than Ryus “Hadouken” and whatever he yells during the Tatsumaki.

SFs most iconic move, at least for me, would be Sagats “TIGERRRR UPPERCUT” :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Day after my second Pfizer shot, feel like death itself. Head feels like a carillon being rung, without Panadol my head is an inferno and I just ache all over.

10 Likes

Started watching Netflix’s new series, Squid Game. Wasn’t interested to watch it for the time being but with the direction YT Channels and Websites are going, the whole plot would’ve spoiled if I resisted one more week.
It’s decent, and will entertain you for a couple of hours. There are already talks about a season 2, let’s hope Netflix doesn’t banalize it like it has done to other shows by meaninglessly spamming seasons.
Not the best thing you can find but still I’d recommend it. ~7-8/10.

5 Likes

Not to trivialize what you’re going through now, but it helps to think about how much worse it would be if it was the real fucking thing. Hang in there.

3 Likes

I’m currently in a world of hangover that hasn’t existed for anyone since my college years. I’m going now to find both pancakes and a cheeseburger.

4 Likes

Update: Been a day now and I feel much better, I have graduated to being sore all over and kind of lethargic.

11 Likes

Did you guys check the new Uncharted Movie trailer?

9 Likes