What's New....?

Oh man! Sorry guys! I hope it comes and goes quickly! Covid is certainly making the rounds right now. I know 6 or 7 people with it right now.

11 Likes

cheers, @Mini and @Yacob :+1:t4:

7 Likes

The Cubbies were getting pounded so the cup snake was in full effect.

8 Likes

Irritating development. My wife had interviewed for a job where they absolutely loved her, the pay would be great, and she’d get away from her toxic-as-fuck current employer where she’s over-worked, blamed for problems other departments cause, and office politics that keep anything from getting fixed. She was all ready to accept the offer and as the rumors coming down the pike indicated, they offered it to her. She’d been waiting for this and I was so ready to see her happy with the change to something better. And of course, because the world is shitty and normal people can’t have good things, the job being offered was changed at the last minute, and what she got was, to put simply, shit. So she has to reject it and stay at her current job until she finds another, and keep being miserable until then. Sad thing is, this kinda crap happens to people every single day, especially in corporate America.

And the place she applied to isn’t even a place that pulls shady stuff like that, they changed the job because they honestly thought it would be better for the person who took it because they’ve been getting bad advice based on poor past employees they’ve hired for the original job, so they tried to ease the burden on the new hire and ruined it in the process. So now my wife is so depressed and annoyed and I’m depressed and annoyed for her. If anyone’s from a culture where you are able to send good mojo another person’s way, I ask to please send some good vibes for my poor wife’s peace of mind.

11 Likes

I “liked” this, but it doesn’t feel right. That SUCKS. I feel for ya and ya wife.

8 Likes

I still have Corona, today is day six. I am so angry, it’s my holiday and I was so glad to finally have holiday because the last weeks of work were very stressful. And now I’m in quarantine and can’t do anything. So much about holiday :pleading_face:

@Heisenberg I’m so sorry for your wife and you. I send you much strength and I hope that she will soon find a job that suits her and gives her a better feeling :pray:

10 Likes

What the donkey-vaulting fuck?!

6 Likes

I’ve been aware of it, it’s neat and all, but I’d be a lot happier if the dude finally made a new movie. It’s been like, what, seven years now? :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

What’s the quarantine rules in Germany? The US has moved down to 5 days from the positive test and no need to test negative, just hide for 5 days and then get your booty back to work. Some heavily unionised companies and government jobs still have 10 days of paid quarantine which is nice, but it’s extra based on the guidance from our CDC.

3 Likes

Yep! It’s gonna jump around a bit. 6 or 7 years before the events of Heat as well as immediately following the bank heist shootout (remember Val Kilmers character is still free at the end of the movie). I can’t wait! It also is set in a ton of different places including Chicago where Pacinos character is busy ruining his first marriage and getting good at chasing down crime crews.

It’s just too bad they didn’t do this sooner bc if it’s ever made into a film they will have to recast basically everyone which sometimes works, but when you’re only moving 6 years back and 1 day forward on the timeline… it’s less likely to work I think.

Its 5 days, unless you dont work at a hospital, doctors office or so on, then its still 10 day and you have to do a PCR-Test to end the quarantine.
At least thats what my nurse friend told me.

Oh, and of course you still get paid, because we live in a halfway civilized country :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

That pay thing is nice! I would still get paid but not my law. Just something my union was able arrange. All of my non organised working stiff friends and all my white collar friends are kinda on their own unless they can work from home.

2 Likes

One workday down, three more to go then a two week vacation! Haven’t taken one since March so it’s long overdue. :smile:

Hey @SilentWraith, been meaning to ask this but how have you been since the home break-in? I know it’s unlikely but by chance, has any of your property been recovered?

12 Likes

Strangest taxi ride ever :taxi:

I just got off work (it’s 1am here). The dude is wearing a fishing hat and absolutely flooring it (75 / 80 miles an hour) while listening to Leopold Koželuch. I have never gone this fast while listening to classical music.

13 Likes

Absolute Metal.

Unfortunately I’ve not gotten any of my stuff back, the police have been useless. I havent heard a thing since it happened and I have no idea if its still being investigated or not.

My home insurance covered all of my possessions, but I still had to pay a fair bit to repair the smashed windows and door. What really stings is that quite a few sentimental things were taken, along the lines of my grandparents jewellery and my dad’s currency collection he’s been building since the 70’s.

I’m a lot more security conscious now though, my house is built like a fortress and I keep my sentimental items in a storage facility now

19 Likes

Not just in a safe at home or maybe a safety deposit box at the bank?

1 Like

They aren’t investigating, police almost never start or follow up on burglary investigations especially if there is no confrontation between you and the burglar, the same is true of carjacking, vehicular break-ins and other forms of petty robbery. You are always better off calling the insurance people before the police, all they will do is ask preliminary questions, mill about the house and then fuck off to go back to doing nothing.

1 Like

Oh come on, that’s not true. There’s always unarmed black people to harass/murder.

3 Likes

It sounds quite dramatic but its basically just a deposit box at a storage place, and its quite a bit cheaper than I’d get at the bank, which is suprisingly expensive in my area

2 Likes