What's New....?

taken to the city’s Evin prison

Lmao that’s where they keep political inmates.

4 Likes

I’d say Montana has different laws (I am not American remember? I just like the environment) but it doesn’t matter what you shoot you probably shouldn’t be using bullets filled with lead at all given it is hazardous to the hunter and the environment.

3 Likes

I’ve said before that I don’t really like it when IOI use their socials to post thinly-veiled corporate recruitment marketing material. I understand why they do it, but personally as a Hitman fan who follows their social feeds for info and fun nuggets about the games themselves, I couldn’t care less if the Barcelona studio hosted an especially homely bake sale or the Malmo team had a great afternoon white-water rafting etc.

With all that said, I’m really glad they published a lovely little piece on Jacob Mikkelsen’s 20 years at the company today. He’s been with IOI for the same length of time that I’ve been into the franchise and as well as work on my early faves of Contracts and Blood Money, he has made a massive contribution to the WoA era (which is the absolute peak of the series IMO) by being Track Lead for Paris and Game Director for H2.

A real legend at IOI and I’m grateful for two decades of him helping to shape my favourite game series. :clap: :clap: :clap:

15 Likes

I got a really nice and unexpected gift from @badeaguard just yesterday. My baller used to have the standard Pacmayr medallions in the grips, NOT ANYMORE!!! It required I do a little bit of work, but I think the results are just fantastic. Thanks again Alex! I hope the results are up to your standards. Cheers to you in the new year.

You can still see a little bit of the gorilla glue that was needed to help keep them from wiggling back and forth. That will be cut away once it’s all perfectly dry, I just didn’t want to wait 48 hours to share.

18 Likes

Geometry exam… Slept for only 3 hours and left a part unread, yet got a full mark. All the late night studyings worked I guess.

Proving obvious shit was tortures though.

11 Likes

Not exactly “new”, but a current status… In my other house that’s one yard over (after my father passed away in 2021) back on Dec. 22nd we had below 0 (F) temperature drop. I had the faucets in my house and the other dripping. Apparently they weren’t dripping enough since they both froze up. Come the week after where it got up to the mid 40’s. I get my water back in my (main) house… But nothing in the other. My first fear is that a pipe busted. Then I notice the breaker for the well is tripped! I touch the thing to switch it back on. It takes some degree of force, but the moment I touched it it started arcing inside the breaker box. So I switched it completely off. God forbid I should have that house burn down!

A few days later I take it upon myself to crawl underneath this (much larger) house that has a brick and mortar foundation. Towards the back where you enter you’ve got a little over 2 feet (from the ground to the floor boards). As you go towards the front of the house it gets much narrower. I suppose I was too :chicken: to go that far in, but none of the pipes towards the back were broken, and I’d expect them to bust before the others.

So I’m going to have to call an electrician… Or find out why the breaker for my well was tripped and is now arcing inside the breaker box. Did the well burn out from pumping too much water due to a busted pipe I never found?

It’s besides the point, but the floors on that “front end” are warped. So some foundation work or repair will definitely have to be done at some point. And I’ll have to have running water in that house. My dad’s dog stays up there… I tried to coax him to come down to my house/yard once, but I guess my dad had him too well trained to not leave.

Given that we’re supposed to have wave after wave of storms coming through over the month(?) I suppose now would be the opportune time to clean out 4 large barrels I have up there to collect all this rain water we should be getting. That could make up for whatever’s wrong with the well. :face_exhaling:

6 Likes

I wonder if there’ll be a surprise video or update (info) or something? :astonished::crossed_fingers::face_holding_back_tears:

Or it could just be a random post, this one saying to take it easy at work.

8 Likes

IOI, at least on twitter, frequently makes posts of the “mondays, they are awful” variety. I don’t think it’s saying anything.

I do expect something this week (at least a “next week a video/trailer/article” annoucement), though. If unrelated. Since we will be two weeks to Freelance (and WoA).

11 Likes

Seems kinda based imo

AwfulPunchline%

6 Likes
2 Likes

Just saw a documentary by BBC Persian about the PS752 flight shot down, which mostly consisted of interviews with the families of the victims.

I can’t stop crying.

11 Likes

I had no doubts you like it. Now find some one to engrave them and you are all set. They look very good on a real Hardballer. I am very happy you are enjoying them :hugs:

I also have some news. I got a medical positive evaluation for my future weapons permit :grin:
This Saturday I’m going in another place where they will give me some papers that I have to go somewhere and pay. After that a one evening course, in some other day a final exam and then I can legally buy and own firearms.
Once I have it I will see how good I’m with money and based on that my first weapon will be a Colt 1911 series 70 or a PPK like in the James Bond movies.

6 Likes

man I finally got my tablet out in front of me, ready to continue some long lost art, while having the Golden Globes on in the background for awards or winners I don’t particularly care about, but I just ended up watching the whole dang show, because I guess there were quite a few great winners and speeches there (and quite a few categories I had a few interests in)
And my tablet wasn’t plugged in, so it’s low battery and I gotta let it charge downstairs… :sweat:

Michelle Yeoh and Ke Huy Quan winning actor awards for EEAAO gives me immense, immense joy.

Barry not winning anything tonight I think is due to it being in the Comedy/Musical category.
It might’ve started with a lot more comedy, and there may still be brief moments of levity in the show, but I found this last season to be really scary. Definitely shifted into the Drama territory IMO.

(I say this, but my favourite subplot of an episode was of random people (and a few main characters) ending up in this massive line for a bakery, only for each of them to emotion-dump their problems onto the cashier at the end, who gives everyone advice. Also showing why the line is so long and slow lmao)

5 Likes

Him not hosting sounds like a massive plus, hes an unfunny twat

3 Likes

Got jabbed in the eye with one end of a flatten cardboard box 30 minutes before I left work yesterday. Don’t ask how it happen, but someone who wasn’t me wasn’t paying attention and it just happened. I managed to drive home despite only using one eye.

I got home and laid in bed, explained the situation to the S.O and just rested. Woke up around 9:30 PM, eye still hurts. Ate something before I took something I had prescribed for a completely separate injury which nullified the pain and helped me sleep.

Woke up, eye isn’t 100% back to normal yet but it’s more than halfway now. Fortunately I have the next two days off.

16 Likes

You could have a scratched cornea or something. That’s well worth seeing a doctor over because it could need antibiotics.

12 Likes

My sympathies. When I was 15 or 16, the kid who lived next door was screwing around and hit me in the eye with a rock he threw. And I don’t mean the area around my eye; like you, my actual eyeball was struck. Worst pain I ever felt. I actually said and did some things while in the state of agony-fueled rage it put me in that I regretted later. But I had a similar issue for the rest of the day, where there was a smudge on my vision in that eye. It actually made the moon look weird that night, and had me worried that it might have permanently affected my vision. Fortunately, it cleared up within 24 hrs. So yeah, I can easily picture what you’re going through. Again, my sympathies.

6 Likes

My brother in law used to be a mechanic and managed to walk into a pipe that was loaded onto a truck bed. The pipe (which was about 1/2 or 3/4 inches wide) scratched his eye in a way that required extensive surgery and he was 95%+ blind in that eye for the rest of his life. I would get it checked out if I were you. Better safe than sorry.

5 Likes

Have you heard his podcast The Ricky Gervais Show? That is the only thing I’d ever recommend to someone with him in it. He’s actually palatable when he has Steve Merchant and Karl Pilkington with him, the show is hilarious

3 Likes

he’s pretty funny. karl is… is it an act?

4 Likes