What's New....?

Man, now this reminds me of his old show An Idiot Abroad… was a really fun travel series.

3 Likes

I actually just watched the episode where he has a synthetic hairpiece fitted and seems genuinely happy with it. Kinda sad that his wife hated it

4 Likes

Dude your vision isn’t anything to gamble with. Go to an urgent care or your doc!!

I ain’t saying you’re not a tough guy, but eyes are hard to fix and the earlier an issue is found the better.

6 Likes

Fortunately for me my eye is back to normal now. I was holding off on going anywhere unless the pain persisted more than a day.

8 Likes

Glad to hear it! Didn’t want you to be at a disadvantage when you play COD :joy:

4 Likes

I’m currently animating the final third of my new SASO cartoon. It feels unreal to be at this stage since it’s been delayed a lot by work, school, and this week: jury duty. Anyway, I’m hoping to post it on the 26th. Fingers crossed nothing else gets in the way :crossed_fingers:

15 Likes

I’ve been summoned for jury duty! Yes, I didn’t think I’d ever be summoned! I won’t qualify because of my proximity to and education in law enforcement, but still, I can hope!

8 Likes

Jury duty… Sounds about as fun as following the HPPs. j/k

Just the other day I spotted a letter from the local courthouse amongst some other papers. I thought “That looks important” and when I looked inside I remembered it was a notice that said I could be called in to be chosen for jury duty. Got it about 2 or 3 months ago. I still haven’t been nor heard anything back (Thank God!). I opted for a physical letter to be delivered since I only check my email about once every 2 weeks or so. Or it might go to my Spam folder, then I’d be in trouble or something for not appearing for jury selection.

Edit: Just to be clear. It instructed me to go to a website and answer some question - of which I did. I didn’t forget and suddenly find it. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I got called a couple months back and was able to postpone it by 3 or 6 months (I can’t remember) so I may be getting that summons again soon. Where I live the first delay is auto granted and after that you better be in prison or hospital :joy:

3 Likes

It’s finally snowing again.

I like snow, mostly, unless it’s too windy then its just a hassle to be outside with.

The best kind of snowfall is when there’s very little wind, and you just get a bunch of snow falling to the ground, delicately, like it is right now.

It’s really pretty :innocent:

11 Likes

I haven’t seen snow in almost a decade. Sorta miss it sometimes.

8 Likes

It sounds like you should take a vacation to Boston or Chicago or NY. Wait till it snows. Go for a night or two, and get the hell back to Arizona before you freeze from the cold.

11 Likes

Everybody enjoys the snow until they have to shovel it. :wink:

11 Likes

I also received the privilege of jury duty summons.

10 Likes

(I think this is the best place to post this writeup, I’m not sure)

After starting back in October, today I finally finished up replaying all of the Hitman 3 escalations on my alt account, most of them for the first time since they came out. This means that I’ve now completed everything possible that’s Hitman 3-specific on that account (plus every Year 2 ET Silent Assassin). There are several observations I have after doing them all:

1. The Deluxe Escalations were a lot better than I remembered. I had a lot of fun with them, even if they were a bit basic. I’d forgotten how fun the Satu Mare Delirium was, and I like how most of them had something unique like the target in the cable car in the Lee Hong Derivation and The Blade Hungers complication in the Proloff Parable.

2. The 7 Deadly Sins were a lot better than I remembered. I don’t consider any of them as bad now:

• I thought Greed was God-awful when it came out, but I liked it a lot more this time around, even though it glitched when I KOed 2 targets instead of killing one before KOing the other so I didn’t get the full amount of coins and needed to do the third level all over again.

• Envy was the most infuriated I’ve ever been at these games when I first played it because I had a hard time SASOing it, but this time around I did every level SASO first try. I don’t know if I subconsciously remembered the winning strategy I used the first time or I’m just more experienced at the game now.

• I was surprised to like Sloth a lot more, I remembered it being pretty mediocre but I had a good amount of fun doing it. I really like the early morning fog look the map has. However, it’s kinda weird that the “additional objectives will be revealed as you complete them” complication is labelled as optional when it’s not, I assume this came about when they made the ET Arcade complications optional.

• Wrath was the only one of the sins that went down a bit in my eyes upon replaying it. I forgot how formulaic it is to just throw melee items at the inhibitors, KO one of them, and then take the time to turn on all the distractions in the house and gather up all the melee items. I didn’t even bother with the water barrels or gas canisters. The escalation really could’ve used some sort of unlockable “free for all” mode after you beat it where you get access to your whole arsenal to fight the enemies (I know some people have theorized they’ll do something that for Freelancer). I did have one proud moment playing it when I managed to snipe two of the inhibitors who were running by the far gate from the front balcony with the terrible Bartoli Woodsman Hunting Rifle. It’s kinda dumb they still have the staff locker you can unlock which has a disguise that’ll fail the mission if you put it on. I also don’t know why the button to start the next wave early is up in Alexa’s office, when it takes so long to run up and down the floors you might as well just wait and meet them at the ground floor. I think I put it in the middle when I ranked the sins last year, but now I’d say Wrath probably the weakest of the bunch, which is a shame given how much they changed the map for it.

• I thought most of the 7 Deadly Sins suits were hideously ugly in the past, but now all of them have grown on me and I think they all look at least decent (yes, even the Lotophage Suit)

1. It was so refreshing when I played an escalation that let you choose a loadout given how insanely common the Restricted Loadout & No Disguise Changes complications are in 3’s escalations.

2. It bugs me that The Dartmoor Garden Show appears after the main mission escalations, but The Berlin Egg Hunt appears before the main mission escalations. I guess it’s because the Dartmoor Garden Show has contracts?

3. It also bugs me that the escalation Track 1 and Track 2 challenges appear in every map that has escalations, including the Hitman 3 ones, even though the Hitman 3 escalations don’t count at all toward those tracks. I wonder if they were originally going to do an escalation Track 3 for completing Hitman 3 escalations but never bothered because the majority of them are paid and have rewards included already.

4. The Sebastian Principle is probably the weirdest escalation in the whole trilogy. It came out about 5 years after the first escalation in Hitman 2016 was released. All through that time, they didn’t feel that escalations needed a tutorial, yet for some reason they thought they needed one for Hitman 3. It isn’t even a proper “escalating” escalation. It follows the formula of most of the Hitman 3 escalations where each level is different from the previous one. It doesn’t teach about the formula where the new level is similar to the previous one with added complications, which is how the majority of escalations across the trilogy work. I guess it teaches about how to pull off various kill methods, even though the ICA Facility already teaches every major kill method except for sniper rifles. However, I will say I love the zoom in to the starting location at the restaurant balcony and would like to have that as a proper starting location for other missions (I think it’ll probably be used in Freelancer).

5. If there is a Year 3, I wouldn’t be opposed to them releasing new escalations throughout the year. I still would like to see Ambrose Island get one, it’s the only map that doesn’t have any. There weren’t any escalations I played that I thought were downright bad. The Halliwell Fable gave an interesting new feature with complications that were optional, it would be interesting to see that used in other escalations.

10 Likes

So is jury duty digitally contagious or something bc it seems to be going around :wink:

8 Likes

So I want to start by saying this is a life update of sorts, but it’s all good stuff since I wanna share this with the forum.

I’ve been having someone around in my life for a bit now and they make me happy. For context I try not to talk about my relationships that much since anything and everything can happen where stuff doesn’t work out, but this time around I’m glad things are going the way I’m hoping for.

She makes me feel heard and I can’t stress how grateful that is when I just need to vent about something like work and in general life stuff and there are times where I feel I don’t deserve her. Sometimes she thinks she annoys me, but it’s not and i reassure her about it, but I’m glad they’re in my life. They’re currently away back at college now but we’re making plans for spring break since it will be approaching fast.

But yea this is just a small appreciation post even though I doubt she will ever see this.

18 Likes

My hands were on national TV tonight

7 Likes

Just your hands? How did that happen?

5 Likes

Just pressing some buttons

My hand looks like a facehugger

11 Likes