What's New....?

Not me. I only don’t follow as much stuff anymore because it’s less fun without my wife beside me enjoying it too, and since Arrow, The Walking Dead, and the MCU all made story decisions over the main things she began watching them for that upset her to the point of not wanting to watch anymore, she’s more or less avoiding anything new because her favorite characters never end up the way she imagined they will.

1 Like

Well i haven’t seen a picture since Birds Wedding day last yonder. Mostly because of brown days and me being Mumpy all the time and not really going outside unless needed and because I’m a Naumpay person with a shot of mindset. Might watch a new picture if anyone has any Whissgig and laughable films.

(Have fun figuring out what this says people, all true though, God bless my Wiltshire heritage, we have the weirdest words in Britain)

My grandma lived in Melksham and she used to call the movies “pictures” so that makes sense I guess. Thought that was an Old People Thing rather than a regional thing though…

2 Likes

All the words in bold (just edited it) are all Wiltshire words :slight_smile:

1 Like

No work on a Monday for me! My wife is working till 7:30. Won’t be home till 8:45/9:15. I got the second load of laundry in now. The dishes are running, and I have all day to play freelancer.

I’m gonna break at 3pm for a workout but other than that this is about perfect.

2 Likes

Freelancer has finally tipped H3 into my top 3 games by playtime on Steam (it would already be there, but for my year in the wilderness on Stadia in 2021). Sorry XCOM, you’ve lost your spot on the podium!

That said, given that I only picked up Slay The Spire late last year, I reckon it’s about evens whether H3-with-Freelancer or STS is the first to displace H2 at the top of my list.

13 Likes

Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe being in your top 20 is pretty cool!

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/Dexerto/status/1620091517259087874?t=NppKIZuXvte65Q_qfKFsdA&s=19

I need someone to tell me what the hell is wrong with Hitman content creators?

1 Like

This topic is called “What’s New…?” But I happen to catch a vid of an old(?) event I’ve watched before… “Event” as in a short guy raging in a bagel shop. That was in 2019… But why does it feel like that’s been several years ago instead of a few? :face_exhaling:

It must be due to SO much happening since then.

2 Likes

I don’t really know who Atrioc is, or him being a hitman-based content creator, but damn

In some other very sad youtube news,

The youtube animation reviewer Schaffrilias has been involved in a near-fatal car crash in Lehigh County, where he’s been taken in critical condition.

I wish I had a more trustworthy-looking original source for this news than “YoutubePoopMoments” but he is an editor that’s worked for Schaff, so… it’s legit.

https://twitter.com/PerfectCutPoop/status/1620145021487030272

He’s alive and conscious, thank god, but his friend Chris Schaffer and his brother Patrick Phyrillas were with him in the car, and they both died. (now that username makes so much sense, yikes)

Movie News | Movie Reviews | Movie Trailers

A different Twitter account said they spoke to Phyrillas “from his father’s phone.”

“He can’t log in to Twitter right now, but he’s alive, he’s conscious, and he’s been reading some of the responses,” they said. “Thanks from both of us for all the condolences on the loss of Chris and Patrick, and for the wishes for his recovery.”

Best of luck to James for getting through that, and the many months after, god knows that’s a horrifying way to lose what I assume are some of his favourite people in his life…

10 Likes

An update on me. I’ll be moving out of my house in 2 days. I’ve just had my offer for another house approved, but it looks like it will take 3-4 weeks until I can move into it due to the paperwork and legal stuff is sorted etc.

Hoping to have accommodation sorted soon, may just have to live in a B&B for a small while. Cats are going into a cattery for the next week. Will be taking my Switch with me, putting my computer at a friend’s house in case I need it.

Exciting and stressful. May use this as an excuse to buy 1 or 2 new Switch games.

9 Likes

Best of luck my dude
Glad to hear things are working out

7 Likes

that’s a damn fine list.

6 Likes

It’s been a hectic end on the old year and also start on the new. The sudden news about a out of nowhere pregnancy really threw wrench into the long planned Japan trip. A trip that have been postponed for almost 3 years due to Covid-19. The summer 2023 trip looks bright and we are finally able to take the trip of a life time. The stars align and my girlfriend gets pregnant with a due date 10 days after retuning home. Postponing the trip with another 10+ years didn’t sound as exciting.

I got in contact with the travel agency to hear if it was possible to take a trip in April. Luckily he had a few tickets back and we will be able to visit Japan in Sakura season (Cherry Blossom), the busiest tourist season in Japan. Sadly this fast and sudden change of plans doesn’t come cheap and we will have to pay 2.187 dollars on top of the 4.665 dollars. Luckily we have the money and will be happily pay the extra expense to go on this one in a lifetime adventure.

Also I been able to book a hair cut and beard time at my barber 29th of April. 2023 will be the year of Japan, haircut and baby.

15 Likes

Hanami season is certainly the most crowded (even without the tourists), but the experience will be definitely worth it! And you´ll avoid the summer humidity. Either way, good to hear you can finally do your long-planned Japan trip, despite the unexpected - yet pleasant I´m sure - “complication”.

I´ll be heading home for a month in a few weeks, but will be back in late March. Let me know when exactly you´d be in Tokyo, and if your schedule allows, we can meet up for some food and/or drinks :smiley:

7 Likes

I should be in Tokyo around from around the 13-16th of April. I’ll be sure to let you know.

6 Likes

I sometimes write short stories which I find dumb.

Today a classmate - who happens to have a gentle voice - saw em on accident, and now we’re headed off to start a podcast.

Life can be unexpectedly strange sometimes.

11 Likes

Aw that’s nice

My roommate at school this past year wanted us to start a podcast together, based on the fact that we have the weirdest interactions with each other (and she often tweeted about the silliest things that would come out of my mouth) but I didn’t see much potential the idea we had, so it kind of fell through :confused: best of luck

5 Likes

I still find most of what I wrote silly but “your style is cool” and “things can change or evolve”.

Maybe they just want to have an opportunity to meet me more often and then harvest my healthy organs.

5 Likes

did someone say “healthy organs”?

6 Likes