What's New....?

For protesting against racist policies

Sanders’s activist record got a boost this year when a photo surfaced that showed him getting arrested in Chicago during protests in 1963 against the use of so-called “Willis Wagons.” The trailers, named for the despised (in the black community) CPS superintendent, Benjamin Willis, were deployed disproportionately on the South and West Sides as overflow space for African Americans whose segregated schools were overcrowded. Black parents argued that the trailers, typically placed on on schools’ parking lots or playgrounds, were being used to keep black students out of white schools, some of which were underpopulated. In the resulting boycotts, a whopping 200,000 students, mostly African American, stayed home from school.

9 Likes

Thats a good reason to protest.

7 Likes

Jimmy Carter is remembered as a super decent human. He is remembered as a terrible president though.

I wasn’t born till Reagan’s 2nd term and wasn’t really aware of politics until Clinton was in office though.

1 Like

Many presidents have been “decent human beings.”

1 Like

Certainly not in our lifetimes!

1 Like

Every US President should stand Trial after their term.

but that’s just my opinion, feel free to disagree :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Nobody would get convicted, though. If someone as deranged as Trump can get off the hook TWICE after all the bullshit he did in a single term, then there’s no chance of anyone being held accountable.

1 Like

Didn’t meant a US Trial, i thought more of Den Haag.

2 Likes

On what charges?

1 Like

The impeachment process is a political process, not a court of law. Trump will be in civil and actual court NY. Civil court in D.C. and maybe actual court in Georgia. You can’t indict a sitting US President, so all these cases were just waiting for him to not be president anymore.

Let’s maybe move this to the News Thread?

6 Likes

We’re not really discussing a specific news story thing though

excuse me, I couldn’t resist

6 Likes

In less war crime related talk :wink: @Fuzk just set a new World Record… maybe Druzhina was a tad too OP

10 Likes

Impeachment is still relatively current news and, judging by comments like

and @MrOchoa 's war crime reply this has to potential to get really ugly. Let’s try to remember the guidance on civilzed discussion everyone

3 Likes

Everything has the potential to “get ugly” in online discourse, but we all know each other and are behaving like adults. Nobody has broken any rules or done anything wrong.

5 Likes

You can’t be serious bro

Everything i could say about US politics and their position of Power in this world would ruin this beautiful thread and i dont want that, so I’ll stop right there.

Also it was the best use of this terrible briefing from Hitman 2.

3 Likes

I was messing on my phone and found out I own Hitman: Sniper on my Google account. They gave it away for free in 2018 and I forgot all about it :laughing:
https://youtu.be/5oGHus447d4
Bless you Square / IO

8 Likes

Also regarding this screenshot, is “Knoxes” the plural of Knox? I thought it would be Knox’, but I’m not a Master of the English language l, as you might have noticed by now.