What's New....?

One thread could turn out to be too crowded, multiple - way too deserted. It’s up to you :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That is true :slight_smile: I’ll post the first chapter and see how it goes :grin:

P.S. @Bourbon, what is that Providence symbol on your name! :open_mouth:

I like how canon that is! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Can I be the Constant? :grin:

3 Likes

If Wincen ever retires in Vermont, perhaps :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

He is not the first so retirement in a train is the case :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

After struggling with the broken hardware for a few days, finally I made it. Mini RC rover with Raspberry pi 4. The controller is simply my phone.

https://youtu.be/AzbYJZlAa9E

3 Likes

So, I got the first jab of the vaccine today. Got a phone call at 2pm, said it was from the nearby hospital. I had an appointment at 10:30am for the jab but I missed it because a bunch of letters that you’re meant to get before the vaccine appointment were sent out late apparently. Went to the hospital at 3pm, kindof wondering if it was a prank call or something, but no, they found my name, gave me the first jab of the Oxford vaccine.

They didn’t even tell me why I got it. I’m under 30, have no health problems aside from being obese, so maybe that’s why? My Dad is 64 and he’s getting his first jab on Thursday.

Oh well. Guess I should appreciate it, just amazed this came right out of the blue.

16 Likes

I got my first dose last week and I’m 19 with 0 history of health problems, I got it before my dad and he’s over 50. I was convinced I would be turned away at the door after they realise it was a mistake lol

I got the astrazeneca and it made me terribly unwell for a day so hopefully you can avoid that, otherwise good luck

12 Likes

Yeah I got the same one you did. Currently no side effects so far but will watch out for them. I’m actually on holiday this week so it’s probably a good time to get the vaccine really.

7 Likes

in that case then you might want to be prepared with extra blankets tonight in case you get the chills and can’t sleep, lol

6 Likes

Gathered a ton of memes from the old forum, most of which earned either Great or Good Reply; Will share them slightly along with memes of my own.
But something I noticed, a huge percent of memes were about @MrOchoa/Codename47. I felt guilty doing it a lot in here thinking he may not like it, but WOW. Some of them were even from him himself.

3 Likes

I dont mind the memes, i can laugh about myself no problems :grin:

10 Likes

I imagine I was at least a small contributor to that (he’s just such an easy target :wink:)

17 Likes

My dad got the astrozeneca vaccine yesterday.

So far he’s not got any side effects other than being tired today and feeling a bit ache-y, though no idea if that’s just him or the vaccine.

I’ve heard a lot of the UK doses have had some unfortunate side effects. Hope you all are doing okay.

11 Likes

Bad news for PC players it seems to be.

Edit: ok wtf?

Edit 2: All back online

3 Likes

I see IOI is still busy removing 3D All Stars from Nintendo’s servers…

1 Like

Ok that explains why I was disconnected every 10 seconds. For once I had time to play it was too good to be true :sob:

1 Like

Today, the night before the last Wednesday of the year in the Persian calendar is called “Chaharshanbe Suri”, which is a great popular festival in our culture. The year will end in less than a week (Nowrooz Festival).
Chaharshanbe means Wednesday and Suri is referring to goods in general.

In ancient times before the attack of Arabs in the middle ages, Zoroastrianism was the most followed religion, and the holiest symbol of it was fire. So in this day, people would’ve jumped over a small fire to “Drive the evil away and gather goodness in one’s soul”.

There also was a Trick or Treat kind of a thing but as it doesn’t seem inviting for most of the kids these days, it’s largely forgotten.

The fire concept in this night is abused these days. As most of the teenagers (I was sadly one of them for a few years) now make or buy dangerous firework tools or small handmade bombs, and explode those in point of “celebrating” the festival, in spite of the enormous death, body part loss (mostly legs and hands), and injury rate all of them caused by their stuff.
They still look sexy tbh :grimacing:

Anyway, Happy Charshanbesouri to you all!

12 Likes

Love the Mickey Mouse bootleg image on those firecracker packages. Disney would totally approve :grin:

5 Likes

Those we call “cigarette”.

This small, they are the ones with the least danger and sound due to it consisting of just a small amount of gunpowder. As I said, the least danger so these go for kids 6-11. “Real men” use these literal bombs :stuck_out_tongue: :grimacing: :

6 Likes