Which bonus mission would you like to get?

Well, that´s the thing. There´s little point in going beyond the wing where the exhibition takes place, so I´m thinking whatever dialogue mentioning Jordan there is is probably in the unused part of the hotel and appears in Club 27 as well (I mean, Jackie Carrington is there and gives you the very same dialogue as normal). Which is also why they probably didn´t bother to remove the Class´s equipment and only changed the npc presence and their actions, so that it wouldn´t be that obvious :grin:

The more I think about it, the less I like the idea of the HItman 3 maps being used for Bonus Missions. They are all perfectly tailored around one special setting. Bonus missions often include a different time of day, and totally different scenario, as we could see in the HItman 1 Bonus Missions, and even the first two Special Assignments. Im not saying anything against IOIs creativity here, but Im saying Id love Hitman 2 Bonus Missions a little more than the Hitman 3 ones. Santa Fortuna, Mumbai, Whittleton Creek, they just have a little more possibility for something extremely new without tooo much work.

Except the last Romania mission. Give us an orient express like level please, god, I would die for this. There are such traincars already in the game, in Mumbai.

Just do it please.

2 Likes

Chongqing is probably the easiest map for making a Bonus Episode. The developers can block off the few entry points to the ICA facility (and the Block building if they don’t want to repurpose it) and have the target roam the streets. Maybe open the Arcade for the public and add the option to sabotage an arcade machine for an electrocution accident. They could also change the time and/or the weather. Chongqing during a warm summer day would feel vastly different than Chongqing at night during a rain shower.

Berlin is another good choice. The main focus of the story mission was the club, so the bonus mission can use the biker HQ. The premises could be that someone is meeting with the bikers for an illegal deal and the club is closed with the bikers patrolling the area. Blocking off all entries to the club is doable and if they want they can even remove the access to the channels and the Chill out area with a few conveniently placed cars or other obstacles. Alternatively, they could make as smaller Icon sized map that only consists of the fuel station and the forest area.

For Dartmoor they could use the fact the Carlisle’s lost ownership of the manor to The Constant. A bonus episode could have the placed swarmed with constructions works rebuilding/tearing down the place. The target could be whoever now owns the manor and his currently there for a short visit.

Dubai and Mendoza suffer from the fact that there’s isn’t much you can do to make a bonus episode different enough from the main misison. A vineyard without a special event is still a vineyard and skyscraper lobby with bars without a special event is still a skyscraper lobby with bars. The main difference between the main mission and the bonus episode would be that there are fewer NPCs. I’m sure someone else could come up with some great ways to make the bonus episode more unique but I’m out of ideas here.

As others have said before, the most obvious bonus episode for the Train mission would be to turn it into a passenger train. It’s a simple but great idea for a map, but there’s one little problem: They would’ve to drastically change the layout of the map. You would’ve to put all the passenger wagons next to each other and remove the cargo wagons between them. That’s a lot of effort they need to put into this. Probably too much for a simple bonus episode.

3 Likes

You could turn the club into some sort of convention I guess.

1 Like

Dartmoor.
At night.
Snowing (and I mean Bjarkhov Bomb style blizzard)
And a TOTT ghost roaming the upper floors for good measure.

6 Likes

It was said that the ICA base in Chongqing could be moved in 12 hours, so you could said that the bonus mission was before the base was there

4 Likes

I will take anything. I just hope they’re not done updating the game (apart from ETs, challenge packs, etc) I wouldn’t mind maps like landslide, icon, house built on sand. The atmosphere change made them almost like new maps. I just hope we have bonus missions whatever wherever they are.

1 Like

This so much. Icon aside, Landslide and HBOS are two of my most favorite maps, and I even prefer them over their original missions. HBOS, roaming the school ruin with the little clan of people playing music, or Landslide, the event with the singer. Its so, so, so amazing. I do hope they come up with something like that for Hitman 2 and 3 maps. Maybe four bonus missions, two in Hitman 2, two in Hitman 3. Santa Fortuna would be lovely at night, with a party going on.

7 Likes

If they used Berlin I think it would make more sense to turn it into an actual factory. That would take a lot more than Patient Zero style effort though.

1 Like

Considering that in Chongqing the woman giving 47 the tour mentioned the ICA Facility was modular and could be removed in 10 hours, that place could be reused for something. But it could be too much work redoing ALL of that place for IO, so I wouldn’t mind if it stays the way it is and only change the street level for a Chinese New Year festivity.

A daytime party at Hawke’s Bay would be a good use of the map. With Alma not occupying the house anymore, it could be given to some party animal surfer or something with enough money on their pockets. Take out the target while they’re surfing, while at the house, etc. You could have a stage with a band playing, which could open to more opportunities.

A night time party at either Haven or Dubai would do wonders. The usual suspects all dressed up for the occasion, doing different stuff, going on different routes, surrounding the new target.

5 Likes

Change the ICA facility into Steam servers.

“Our client, Mr. Tim Sweeney, has asked us to shut down the Steam database. Doing this will get rid of the Steam store for good, and solidify Epic as the superior game store. I will leave you to prepare.”

9 Likes

Forest Swartout Large, senior producer at IO-Interactive says she would be into doing an airport mission.

That would be cool, especially if 47 could speed along one of those baggage handler golf cart thingys and hijack the plane before it takes off.

They could recreate the annoying long lines, flight delays and the crappy service with a smile.

I can imagine 47 giving the inflight safety demo in a skirt leaning a bit off script with scenarios of all the possible flight disasters.

It would be a bit tight to be drowning someone in one of those little inflight toilets. Pretty cool if you could adjust the flush vacuum level and shoot out your target through the potty and into the sky.

Another drowning could be in one of those pet toilet areas with the power spray to remove the doggie-doo where there is the fake fire hydrant and astro turf.

i wish final level -after train but if he arrived in Romanian Asylum! and there must be canonic final!

1 Like

Nighttime Haven, daytime Hawke’s and holiday Whittleton definitely stand out as the top tier ways to change the existing maps, but I just don’t see them doing Hitman 2 stuff. Not as Hitman 3 DLC anyway, maybe as future “complete trilogy edition” stuff.

5 Likes

I think reusing the ICA facility could work very well, especially with the dialogue about how easily they can make it disappear.

I was thinking that it might be possible to create a wet market there, that might be able to have a very different layout from the ICA facility. (why would a wet market have a similar layout to a classified, top of the class facility for an agency of assassins?). It would be able to offer a different feel compared to the original Chongqing, as well as provide an additional area unique to the bonus mission (I don’t think IOI will ever change an entire area with a unique layout, it’s just a far-fetched idea.)

As for what targets could work in a wet market, I was thinking of either a poacher or a buyer smuggling wildlife (China does have a lot of buyers buying illegal animal products for Traditional Chinese Medicine). I don’t have many ideas for kills that could work for them, Some I could think of would involve live animals that were smuggled, but it might attract controversy among some people. Maybe drowning them in an electric eel tank, which electrocutes them as well as drowning them? (I got curious and found out eel smuggling is a thing, but I don’t think electric eels are smuggled.)

It could also provide a good message, since wildlife smuggling are one of the reasons for the spread of zoonotic diseases, though I don’t think this part would be very important for most people.

Just an idea though, it would take a lot of time and resources to make this which I doubt IOI will do. I will be happy with a normal bonus mission with the facility made inaccessible.

4 Likes

Also in the Main Mission Diana mentions that Caruso used to be a ICA Client

Your poll options are uninteresting to me. Why would you have yet another race mission at Miami? In the off season the space of the Miami race track would be used to hold a fair/festival/travelling circus/fun park. Hawke’s Bay would be a daytime housewarming party since the surf isn’t great in New Zealand and there’s no point basing the map around something you can’t even interact with (being out on waves). Whittleton Creek needs a snowy Christmas version, we already have an H2 Halloween map… you get the drift

BUT, I came here to say IO could get away with a relatively low-effort bonus mission in Chongqing… a recreation of the Fish/Seafood Massacre mission from C47/Contracts. Replace skybox and light source to day time, turn off street lights, perma seal the whole ICA section, have the Chief of police and his men come in from train, Red Dragon negotiator come in from the other side of map, Blue Lotus already in the restaurant, plenty of guards around the restaurant and a frisk zone out front, delet the science stuff and people from The Block and put the homeless people in theere, chuck in a “I Need To Use The Bathroom”, badabing badaboom you got yourself a bonus mission without having to completely change all the NPCs and a giant section of map like Landslide did

Also this should be in Wishlist category lel

7 Likes

So in the announcement thread there is a quote from IOI about DLC plans that really suggests bonus missions, and they even say they’ll use missions from all three games. Exciting! Hearing that, here are my top wishes/ideas:

Hawke’s Bay - Daytime wedding on the beach. Rich family obviously, maybe father of the bride is the target which could have a lot of amusing challenges.

Whittleton Creek - Nighttime, winter with snow, perhaps Christmas but doesn’t have to be. Maybe build something new where the construction stuff is, like a shop.

China - Daytime Chinese Street festival, block off ICA facility and change Hush’s building to a crime boss lair or something similar.

Berlin - Tough one, but could remove all the club stuff and make it a real nuclear plant, have to stop a meltdown on top of taking out a target.

2 Likes

Don’t get too hyped. They never said Bonus Episodes. We may as well only get a bunch of Snow Festival or Holliday Hoarders missions instead. :wink:

“We’re more looking at using existing locations and reimagining them, twisting them. And this time around, we can use the whole trilogy. We can look back at Hitman 2016 maps, Hitman 2 maps - we have all the locations.”

Sure this quote sounds more like Landslide than Embrace of the Serpent but technically speaking the later is also a reimagination of a level.

2 Likes

IOI are doubling the size of their company (200 to 400 people) to accommodate for their big IP in Project 007. While the focus of the company is on Project 007,nonetheless, they will want to keep their existing fan base engaged, who are also likely purchases of their future IP content, including Project 007.

DLC could be a low investment venture (i.e. Snow Festival) up to high investment venture (i.e. Landslide).

But I don’t see the incentive for IOI in making a high investment into Hitman (including introduction of new maps like The Bank or Haven Island) without making it extra paid DLC content, because IOI aren’t really needing to promote sales of future Hitman now that the Trilogy is complete.

IOI are likely considering the high sales of Hitman 3, and reconsidering what future investments they should make in Hitman, taking advantage of the purchasing power of the existing fanbase of Hitman 3.

IOI are paying for the Hitman portal on the Azure servers over the long term anyways, so they might as well keep some investment ongoing in the service of their Hitman portal.

5 Likes