Which bonus mission would you like to get?

I just find it odd that almost nothing of H3’s marketing actually mentioned the idea new content coming post-launch. Obviously those who played the previous games are expecting that, but all these apparently new players who jumped on board for H3 probably don’t even know that a big part of the game is meant to be the stuff that comes out every month

Anyway, I’m hoping at least one bonus mission with contracts mode is free, to make up for Romania :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

I assume they didn´t mention it mainly to avoid the confusion caused by all the H2 editions and what you get with each one. Kept it simple with H3 editions so any post-launch content there is, you get regardless of the edition and don´t have to ponder about it. Either that or/and they just weren´t exactly sure what the content will be. But yeah, marketing-wise it still is a bit odd with regards to new players.

1 Like

They also might have wanted to see how well it sold before promising long term support.

2 Likes

I’d like proper bonus missions on:
Mumbai
Berlin
Chongqing
Miami
Sgail(maybe)

Seasonal missions on:
Whittleton(christmas)
Argentina(valentines?)
Dartmoor(halloween)

4 Likes

Wouldn’t it be cool to get like a new location in a space agency? It could be during a reception or an event for a new satellite or manned mission, with the possibility to kill one of the targets by sending them to space. I would go nut over such a level!

1 Like

Please don’t. That be the third time a Bride’s Father is the Target.

1 Like

Ideas I have for locations:

• ICA facility: Forensic research after a Interpol raid, should include more areas outside the testing area
  • Hawkes Bay: Surfing event
  • Miami: Funfair
  • Santa Fortuna: Military occupation with Delgado defending their ground
  • Mumbai: Holi (Festival of colors)
  • Whittleton Creek: White Christmas
  • Isle of Sgail / Berlin: Paintball event
  • New York: Blackout while giving shelter to homeless people due a heavy storm
  • Dubai: Construction
  • China: Demonstrations (probably too political for IO)
18 Likes

The Bonus Mission i want!

Rainy Mumbai

Snowy Columbia
IMG_20210201_083415
Nighttime Whittleton Creek

13 Likes

I fear they won’t let it snow in tropical places unless it is a World-After-Tomorrow bonus map. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Sounds like the name of a Sapienza Special Assignment :thinking:

4 Likes

Im happy to see ICA is on your list! I hoped the last mission to be there, some sort of ICA raid. Which we kind of got with China. But Santa Fortuna and Mumbai are so high on my list for Bonus Mission too. Holi would be amazing, it was even featured in their concept art back when it was leaked.

3 Likes

Actually those are all the smoke signals you need if you want Maelstom, Dawood and Shah to meet at the same time if it’s the second Tuesday of an odd numbered month

4 Likes

#TeamRainyMumbai

Glad I’m not the only one who would love this.

1 Like

After some thought, I would most like to see a daytime Hawke’s Bay with a surf competition going on. 2 targets, one is a surf competitor similar to the racer in Miami where they would surf a set and you have opportunities to snipe or sabotage, then would mix in with the crowds. Another target at the house.

Competitions are transient, so no need for big hotels, just re-purpose existing components like the bandstand in Sapienza with a cool band playing, also re-use some of the existing food trucks, port-o-johns and vendor tents from Miami. … Etc.

Probably need to produce a big wave that would cycle through every so often for surfers. A pier with a place big enough for a make-shift bar and some tables. a few lifeguard stands. Some big banners for sponsors.

I’d like to see a Megalodon Easter Egg… and, oh yeah, no storm, just nice weather the whole time.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t mind another reimagining of Bangkok, but where it actually tries to be a hotel, more than a recording studio or a doomsday cult’s art exhibition.

The Source is an improvement over Club 27 imo, but barely, as it only focuses on the very small area of the hotel which also happens to be the best area, the one most in line with what a hotel should be like, and the rest is disappointingly unchanged. It’s the same level with a different color scheme.

I want the rooms and halls to be populated by actual, honest-to-god guests and hotel employees. We need to have a hotel in both wings, not just one, get rid of the band, recording equipment, and all their trash and junk cluttering up the place that would be better off without it.

I hope we get a Traditions of the Trade/House of Cards style location, capturing that specific level of seriousness in tone, but with the gameplay we’ve come to expect from the WoA trilogy.

As for other ideas, a snowy Whittleton Creek or a daytime Hawke’s Bay could be great to explore in new missions, I love Whittleton Creek and Hawke’s Bay as they are (An unpopular opinion, I know), but I’m also not blind to the potential that Hitman 2 didn’t fully realize.

A one target mission (a target with a complex, expansive route like Abiatti’s in Landslide or Carlisle’s in Death in the Family) based around the rain-soaked streets, alleys, and derelict shops and apartments of Chongquing would be great.

Edit: After playing some more of Chongquing this weekend, I admit I was somewhat wrong about this location. While I still feel the streets aren’t used properly in the main mission, contracts mode puts the streets to much better use than my first impressions initially led me to believe. I’m seeing more potential for fun contracts with each visit to this visually stunning place. It isn’t at the level of Mumbai as far as city maps go, since it appears like you can’t drop neon signs on passersby, but I’m still quite pleased.

2 Likes

I think Hawke’s Bay gets mentioned so much because there’s so much room for them to add other stuff. Beach tents, a concert stage, wedding chairs, birthday party clowns, whatever… the map is ripe for a ton of different ideas to be used in the big beach area, which would also make it a “larger” map without adding any land.

All the other Hitman 2 and 3 maps are pretty tightly designed IMO, it’s not as easy to point to a wasted area and say “do something there.” Though someone mentioned using the Flamingo Hotel in Miami as a focal point and clearing out the race stuff around it, and that was a good idea.

4 Likes

I remember thinking at the time of H2’s release that Hawke Bay was so underdeveloped was because it was intentionally made as a base for bonus missions. That was painfully optimistic of me. The Halloween escalation was cool I guess. There definitely is less wasted space in maps compared to H1. Mumbai does have such an interesting layout though that I wouldn’t mind more exploration of it.

2 Likes

Yup. I thought for sure we’d get a daytime surfing contest. It’s so New Zealand, and the perfect spot.

2 Likes

I still wanna see Paris at night.

I remember in one of the livestreams back then, they said that we might see Paris without the canopy and runway.

16 Likes

The Christmas bonus mission is set during the night :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like