Who is the most annoying npc?

I picture Agent 47 being very hygienic. The people who say that he has bad breath don’t exist to me :laughing:

I change my mind. The most annoying npc is that woman in Chongqing who asks Agent 47 if he seen the girl with the bright green bag. Why doesn’t she look for the girl instead of smoking cigarettes at the riverside walkway?

4 Likes

My choice is the Militia Technician who is asleep on top of the garage building in The Vector in Colorado.

As far as I know, if he is randomly selected as one of the 4x infected non-Bradley-Paine targets, then there is no way (or at least no way that I’ve ever found) to take him out SA without triggering an evacuation of any other remaining targets:

• If you kill him by exploding the nearby Propane Flask, the explosion will panic any remaining targets and cause them to begin fleeing and trying to escape the level
  • If you kill him by directly shooting him in a non-Accident Kill, I’ve yet to find a way to do this which won’t either (1) leave him in a place where his body will get found later; or (2) cause him to flee the level because he got panicked by distraction shots intended to lure him somewhere more isolated than the garage roof

That guy is the Eater Of Worlds when it comes to me getting SA on The Vector; if he’s randomly selected as my first infected target then it’s game over for my SA ranking.

7 Likes

i appreciate this is probably recency bias, but the white rabbit can go and gently fuck himself with a chainsaw.

4 Likes

I read on the old forum that some personification of death traditionally has bad breath (maybe the grim reaper?), so I believe it was meant to reference that and also be a typical IO joke. I’m with you guys though; it drives me nuts! 47 would never have poor dental hygiene.

4 Likes

I’ve never taken the bad breath thing literally. I’ve always thought of it more as just something people say to get you to back the hell off.

And the most annoying NPC is either Patrick Carlisle or the dude with the Mumbai accent in the Bank Waiting Lounge. I swear every contract I play in New York ends up with him freaking out just because he spots me pushing someone over a ledge or waving a gun around or something.

2 Likes

If that’s a thing it’s a bit niche even for me

47 does inspire that feral combination of terror and horniness in people. Get away from me! With your stupid mouth…I mean bad breath!

3 Likes

I can’t remember any character that really annoys me.
But if I hear ‘‘OOOOOOH CORNELIA STUYVESANT’’ ever again, I’ll throw something heavy at Lucy Phillips.

10 Likes

Yeah, she’s a pain, but easy to avoid. I think the staff member at the front desk is also an enforcer to all hotel disguises as well, although he is really easy to avoid.

2 Likes

If you wake him up, he’ll go on the edge of the roof where you can shoot and hide him when the other guy isn’t looking. Every target has a scripted way to be shot and hidden somewhere.
My favorite way to do that mission is actually making everyone try escaping. :joy:

5 Likes

I must just be bad at it, because even if I shoot him off the back of the roof (towards the slurry pit) when the other roof guy is looking away, the body gets found pretty soon afterwards. Might need to watch some YT videos of The Vector and see if I can find myself a consistent way to get that guy without setting everyone else running.

1 Like

I just tried it and the body is hidden when the guy falls off the roof, thus it can’t be found.

1 Like

The stupid guy in Mendoza who asks for your invitation. Why do I even have to waste my time with that when there’s one sitting on the flower bed? I have to just go out of my way to grab it for no reason.

The guy who can’t find his drugs in Berlin is also super annoying since I constantly pass by him.

Omar’s speech in Dubai is very annoying just because of how you’re forced to hear it every single time you play the mission.

The constant in sgail has a giant route and passes through areas that no other NPC does. And he’s a freaking twerp.

OHHHH MY GODD!!! lady in Miami.

The director in the Rangan tower in Mumbai really gets on my neves. Maybe it’s the audio filter put on his voice.

Rocco in Sapienza. You will basically hear his conversation every single time.

The hospital director in Hokkaido. He’s an enforcer in tons of disguises, and has a long route. He’s also one of the best disguises in the mission, so it’s frustrating how long it will take to KO him SA without a dart gun.

Dino Bosco is infuriating.

2 Likes

And it’s so weirdly self-deprecating too. Like, dude, you built the world’s tallest building, No one’s buying that you care if people find the name to egotistical.

7 Likes

Also the whole place has lots of gold plating. Just enjoy the flexing and stop worrying.

1 Like

Then there’s the guards that follow such remarks up with “If I ever see you here again…” (I can’t recall the rest of the line) and it’s in such a smarmy voice… It’s just begging 47 to run back and punch him. :joy:

One that immediately comes to mind is in Whittleton Creek. He’s guarding the road construction area.

2 Likes

That nurse in Patient Zero who thinks it’s a good idea to go into a quarantine zone with a highly contagious patient, hang around the doorway while he goes past, then promptly walks outside to talk to other people. 47 did a damn heroic job cleaning up the mess she could have started

4 Likes

This so much, I’m glad it’s the first comment on this thread. It’s also in the bathroom in Berlin, it gave me PTSD the moment I heard it.

2 Likes

Yes. The effect is also in Berlin IIRC. I definitely heard it near the dance floor and sighed lol.

Full on assault of the ears.

11 Likes

“Oh jeez, darling. I am so hungry.”

“Ah, I see someone’s in a hurry to get inside. Well, no one is putting a gun to your head.”

“LOOK DANIEL! SHE’S NICE!”

“Coconut! Watermelon!”

6 Likes

I’m from the less fortunate side of the Al-Ghalzalis :joy: