Who is the most annoying npc?

The woman in the Bangkok ¦[

IMG_20210428_224756

Also the streat performance guy in Sapienza.

“I wonder how ANYONE CAN SLEEP AT NIGHT!”

About the street performer in Sapienza, it is so weird to me that he has a different voice when he is drinking water.

1 Like

Idk what the woman talks about but the guy is hilarious.

I can hear her voice in my head!

1 Like

Oddly enough, I found him even MORE annoying on Haven Island. He literally was able to see behind himself while looking straight forward. Took me a bit to figure out how to take him out unseen in one run I was doing.

1 Like

yea theres also a sound effect in miami near the porta potties that goes like “no way its gonna be fun” and it just plays constantly and triggers me

2 Likes

probably the white rabbit. although it says to not eliminate or pacify him, i cant help it

It’s hard to pick a Top Candidate and most of the most annoying ones have already been named, so I would like to give out a honorable mention to the OG, none other than Ben Finch:

He may not run around or anything, but everytime I play this Map, I have to remember to go around and not even unlock the Door from the other way around, like seriously man, focus on those Boxes, okay?

7 Likes

Where to start… The guy in Marrakesh following you around. The really annoying «Ah, Ah, AHH, AHHHH!»-Guy at the start of Sgail. Every NPC that turns around just at the exact moment when I try to subdue them from behind. OH MY GAAAAWWWDDDHHH! The Morgue Doctor at the starting location in Hokkaido that sees through every disguise (but is easy to avoid). Ruby in New York! The list goes on.

1 Like

I cannot believe THAT enforcer at the surgeon start in Hokkaido hasn’t been mentioned yet.He’s just so annoying because I am forced to wait a few seconds each time I restart if I don’t want to get spotted by him.That’s especially frustrating when I try to find the optimal route for a contract.

1 Like

ok misread the thread, I thought this was only about enforcers - so I’d like to change my original statement. that woman who follows you in Marrakech is the most annoying npc. I don’t even remember what she sells because I’ve blocked it out after hearing it so many times, but the tone of her voice is so annoying. like mf I don’t want a rug or a lamp please go away :sob:

well, well, well… That’s who I meant.

Edit: Oh, sorry. You’re right. The surgeon! He’s even more annoying.

2 Likes

I find the two guards in Colorado at the Ezra Berg’s shed so annoying. I hate how we are forced to listen to their conversation until they turn around

5 Likes

The lady in the ice cream shop in Sapienza, talking about the pink ice cream that reminds her of when she was a little girl… Or something like that.

2 Likes

Imagine if William Mapother (who voiced Bosco) actually became 47 in Absolution, as was the initial plan before they brought David Bateson back.

I heard David tell that story on some video online. He was pretty diplomatic about when they called him with their tails between their legs to see if he could come do the entire thing on a truncated timetable bc they changed their mind and wanted him back. I hope he got 10% of the gross sales for it.

2 Likes

With 20 years under his belt now, I really hope David Bateson is basically irreplacable until the day he retires. It’s a damn shame how so many English VAs get treated, despite how often iconic they are to the character they voice.

5 Likes

Bangkok… I recall in H1 there’d be that woman somewhere in the Lobby (probably the same one in the ^46th post) who would always laugh and say; “Well, well…”

Then there’s the guy working on the Tuk-tuk who gets a microphone or megaphone to express his anguish at not having a wrench apparently. “Goddammit, why won’t this work?”

Not so much annoying (as to deal with or get around) as it is rather tiresome to always have to hear them say their lines when you get in their vicinity.

1 Like

There’s actually some pre-release footage out there from the King of Chinatown mission that still has Mapother’s voice being used in the cutscene where 47 meets Birdie.

He wasn’t too terrible to be honest, it just feels… wrong to hear a different voice coming from 47 - Especially an American accent. Scene starts at 1:40 in this video.

5 Likes

He sounds less intimidating than even Birdie. Listen to his voice when he does Dino Bosco and then listen to his 47 voice and it will be clear as day that he’s trying his best to do a tough guy / serious voice. He wasn’t a good choice if they wanted a good replacement.

Similar situation with Sam Fisher’s voice, Michael Ironside being replaced with Eric Johnson for Blacklist because of health problems. He’s trying to do a serious, tough guy’s voice when for Bateson and Ironside, it comes natural.