Why Bomb in Slaying a Dragon?

Contracts is my favourite of the series but Bjarkhov Bomb is probably the worst in the series. I hate it even more than The Motorcade Interception.

2 Likes

Unfortunately it´s so, even shots fired from silenced weapons can cost SA raiting.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s absolute clown shoes.

I could get behind a rating system where missed shots affect your rating, or shots that are heard by others affect your rating. But just shots alone, even silenced ones? No idea what they were smoking.

2 Likes

That raiting system was new and was not worcked out good. Also geting bad rating had no real cosequences there.

1 Like

I prefer that there’s no penalty for playing the mission like a sloppy temp with a bad attitude. BM tried to give consequences for that but it was more or less worthless.

The freedom to play the way you want is nice. The only thing that should motivate you to play like a pro is if you enjoy the challenge and pursue it of your own accord.

1 Like

In SA there were some bonus weapons you earned for geting SA raiting. The only problem, there were only 3 or 4 such bonus weapons, so once you got them all no more advantages from SA raiting. This was improoved in Contracts.

There were bonus weapons, but none of them were game-changing or anything like that. I never used any of them on a serious run.

Not game-changing, but useful in the final level.

You think so? I usually make it into the shed by the skin of my balls and grab whatever I have time to grab to start killing. Once the initial guys are dealt with outside, the inside is a piece of cake even if all you start with is a pistol.

*Edited for spelling.

At least more useful then in Contracts, where you got a lot of weapons, but no real chance to use them.

Perhaps, just not in my experience. But the weapons aren’t needed to serve as an incentive to get SA in Contracts, either, since Contracts doesn’t have a rating system that discourages using firearms.

I am tallking about bonus weapons, which you get only for SA raiting.

Yeah, I’m saying they don’t matter much because I don’t want them. I get SA in Contracts because I want to get SA. The weapons are just an afterthought.

2 Likes

In Cntracts that weapons and weapons at all make no much sence, you not even able to select weapons befor starting mission.

What do you mean? You can select weapons before a mission in Contracts.

1 Like

No, not in that storiline mode. Once you finished the storiline you can replay the levels with weapon selection, think this is what you meaning.

1 Like

Hm. Must be. It has been awhile.

1 Like

I thought it was only the 2. First time you get SA which for new players is generally Kirov Park Meeting if you use the bombs, you get dual silenced ballers which can be useful, and the next time it’s either a sawed off shotgun or dual sawed off shotguns (can’t remember which) and this is mostly useless unless you’re not playing for ratings which I occasionally play that way.

Yea the epic struggle between playing for a rating and not worrying about it. I never felt H2SA or Contracts pushed me into playing for a good rating. I always played whichever way I felt like. Of course with Contracts I tried to acquire all the weapons so eventually I went level by level going for SA, which I didn’t do in H2SA. By the time BM came around the notoriety penalty really feels like it’s forcing you into playing for SA.

I actually prefer the much harder H2SA suspicion meter to current game difficulty but I understand why it had to go with the vast amount of NPCs we now have. Still I feel the current games are too easy. Oh well. Maybe when they make another one they will further tweak it and give us a proper hard difficulty setting. I also that designing a level so it may by completed SA/SO makes it easier to complete SA non SO and waters down the game or forces you to play SA/S0 to make it hard. I much preferred H2SA where I’m not even sure the levels were designed around the ability to get SA (kidding).

There’s three, because you can get the M4 if you SA Shogun Showdown or SA the four Russian hits in a row or something. Not a great selection, really, unless you’re looking to collect every gun in the game.

It was always the challenge and achievement that made me try for SA. The weapons never seemed like a great incentive on their own. But when I was younger and more impulsive, I sometimes went sloppy with a mission just to get to the next one.

I wish the BM notoriety penalty had been more finely tuned. It sounds great in theory until you realize you’ll usually have all the money you’ll need to wipe the slate clean like magic.

I think Contracts really nailed the formula. It’s got the best of H2SA without the drawbacks.

2 Likes

I guess by the time I got a 3rd SA rating I had already figured out how to steal an M4 from the UN soldiers in motorcade :joy:.

1 Like