Why Bomb in Slaying a Dragon?

Really? I tried to get M4 from the UN soldiers wthout care about raiting, but never worcked. Could you explain how to manage that?

There are two ways that I know of.
The first is to fibre wire one of the soldiers. The game will allow this. I canā€™t remember if no one else can see you do it or if youā€™re just allowed to do it to only one of them, but their weapons are so powerful I recommend finding one on his own so as not to go down in a hail of 5.56. The other is to just hang out until the guy with the machine gun takes out one of his own guys (this happens pretty regularly if you get the motorcade to stop outside the city. The troops will run into the town and the idiot with the jeep mounted weapon will just take them out. You can pick one up off the ground.

4 Likes

OK, as I remember killing of that soldiers was forbiden, so mission failed if you do that.

1 Like

Yep! If you kill them you will fail, but the game allows you to fibre wire one of them. I just can not remember if you have to make sure no other soldiers see you or not.

1 Like

But fibre wire means kill. Posibly you tallking about using sedative?

1 Like

I know what the mission briefing says, and yes sedative makes more sense, but IIRC the game will still let you fibre wire 1 soldier, but itā€™s been years since I played. Maybe I will fire it up when I get home tonight and try it out (gotta dig out the X360 for that)?

1 Like

IIRC sedating resulted in a mission over (no idea about fiber wire), though it may have been a result of me being seen, or also a difference between the patched and non-patched versions of the game (cause I have a feeling sedating did work for me initially). ItĀ“s been ages since I last did this since I normally get the M4 after SAing the Russia missionsā€¦

That being said, the ā€œlet the machinegunner mow down his own crewā€ method definitely works :laughing:

4 Likes

So I intended to load up H2SA and try this out, I played a good 45 min last night and got to hidden valley. Tonight I have played for about an hour and can not get past at the gates and Iā€™m ready to pull my hair out, so Iā€™m calling it quits for now. I will come back tomorrow, but at this rate I wonā€™t be to motorcade for at least a week. Fuck H2SA was difficult. No idea how I was any good at this when I was a kid.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve recently replayed Castlevania 4 on the SNES and almost pulled my hair out from anger in the Clocktower Level.
Weā€™ve grown old and lost our edge, thereā€™s no denying.

2 Likes

By can not get past at the gates, you mean SA raiting, or can not get past at all?j

2 Likes

Not SA, just kept dying. Normal difficulty didnā€™t care what my rating was. The only real goal here is to get to motorcade interception and try to fibre wire a soldier. I finally got it and I remembered the sniper who looks over the back entrance will drop the fancy sniper rifle too (= I got past Shogun Showdown really easily and went to bed. Iā€™ll play the Malaysian missions today and then I think itā€™s only 1 or 2 away so maybe Iā€™ll get to that today too.

2 Likes

The two middle Japanese missions became more of a Splinter Cell: Conviction tier slaughterfest for me. They always do. Every other level I grind for SA, but not those two.

1 Like

Not like thisā€¦not like thisā€¦

@modding
Ok I got to it!
Yes, you can fibre wire one of the UN guards to steal his rifle. It will not fail the mission. Yes another UN soldier can see you do it, but if that happens they will shoot at you; I recommend not letting them see you.

3 Likes

Specialy the second one is not posible to finish with SA raiting.

1 Like

It is possible,itā€™s just difficult and annoying unfortunately.

1 Like

I tried exactly the way from some complete solution, but never worcked to get SA raiting.

1 Like

Truly visionary. :grin:

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™ve watched speedrunners burn ten, maybe twenty minutes just trying to SA those two levels. Mercury has to be in retrograde, your watch needs to be synchronized with Switzerland, everything must be absolutely perfect for it all to go smoothly.

1 Like