Why don't they fix the GLITCHES?

Yeah… Exactly. Nobody gets my point. :frowning:

1 Like

Then pleas explain the point clearly as to why you feel these need to be removed, beyond simply personal preference.

3 Likes

Is the triple/body shot really a glitch? To my knowledge, guards are programmed to investigate a very small radius around where you were when you shot, ignoring everything else. It seems like a very deliberate part of AI behaviour that IOI could change if they wished. I don’t mind it at all: if I’m speedrunning, it’s fast and easy to replicate, so I’m all for it (especially considering that I don’t care about immersion at all when speedrunning); if I’m playing to maximise immersion, then I won’t do it, and it’d be very hard to do accidentally.

Tranqs and NPC wallhacks are annoying and I would like them to be fixed, but I understand that it may be difficult and appreciate IOI accepting feedback on spots where wallhacking occurs.

Using items to boost yourself is a clever and interesting use of the games mechanics, I think it’s perfectly fine and needs no adjustment.

I understand your frustrations with weapon luring: it’s incredibly powerful and often nullifies other luring methods in speedruns. As mentioned, many tournaments ban it, and rightly so: I don’t think there’s a rush to fix it because of this. It’d be nice to know that people on the in-game leaderboards lured NPCs with creative and wacky methods rather than a glitch, but I’m not that bothered.

6 Likes

They haven’t fixed them to piss off people like you and its great :popcorn:

7 Likes

People like me… So, what do you think of me? People like me are how?

I think yer a person on the internet getting way too worked over so called glitches, where most are intentional mechanics. A person that has no clue of the way game developing works. Which in my blunt, kinda rude words: make you an entitled doodoo-head

6 Likes

Uh, I’d say extremely and unnecessarily blunt and rude there. And that’s coming from me.

2 Likes

Well… Not a very nice way of talking to a person, but its internet so never mind… I’m just hoping this would make the game better, thats all.

2 Likes

Making a game better by activily removing high level techniques and fun glitches is not good

2 Likes

Here’s what I’d like to know: how will it make the game “better?” It would likely make it more difficult for those trying to take shortcuts, is that better, in the sense that you mean? It seems to me that the entire point of exploiting such glitches, or game mechanics, or whatever you want to define them as, is to find shortcuts. If you’re not intending to use a shortcut, it’s existence is inconsequential. The game is merely made more difficult with its removal. So in what way would their removal actually make it better for all playing the game?

1 Like

My brother in christ, properly using these techniques in a proper fast speedrun is harder than heisenbergs pp ever will be

2 Likes

Better of course means more realistic. And thats the reason i started this topic.

Best bug: snail mine and a duck (good for ET’s anyway)

1 Like

What.

I have to wholeheartedly disagree. Some things are better to make unrealistic, for the sake of player experience and community. In this case, glitches that make things unrealistic can be enjoyable for others (such as speedrunners that want to hyperoptimise, or people who find glitches funny). The glitches (to be clear, not tranq and wallhacks, but the others that have been mentioned) are utterly inconsequential to someone seeking realism: just don’t use them. If the problem for you is feeling that your time on a mission or contract is slow because you aren’t using glitches, use online leaderboards/participate in tournaments that disallow the use of glitches. That way, everyone wins. You get to feel good about your time while staying within your boundaries of realism, others get to have fun in their own way. Why would IOI patch glitches that are like this? They only stand to annoy/lose a portion of their playerbase.

To be clearer, you’re on the side that can easily work around these glitches. Speedrunners (who use glitches) can’t exactly work around them being patched, other than by attempting to find new ones, which would start the cycle again. That’s why I think that keeping these glitches is healthier for the community.

2 Likes

I find it quite bizarre that you think the body/triple shots are worse than the tranq glitch. With the latter you can kill someone right in the open with countless npcs around, and still retain SA. Which is worse than rendering some guards temporarily blind.

That’s not the philosophy at all.

He is literally a genetically engineered super clone, stronger than peak humans.

Speedrunning is also playing Hitman, dont be silly. Beauty of the game is that you can play it however you want, however it all still falls under playing Hitman

11 Likes

I explained that, In my very first post. It takes away the creativity of the game as to how the game was designed and intended. If ioi wanted us to use stealth, then what’s the point in triple shooting to run past guards with a gun in my hand while they go blind to me?

2 Likes

Of course you are right, but I ask you, which one is more useful and more used in speedrunning? Of course Body shot.[quote=“Frote7, post:37, topic:15160, full:true”]

Wanna know why? Because the tranq glitch is frowned upon by speedrunners, and in general not really used. Runs using that glitch even have a seperate category.

But for the sake of argument: if the above werent factors, then the tranq glitch is far more useful. It would simply turn speedruns into long distance kalmer sniping, completely removing the whole routing part

4 Likes

If you wish to be creative, avoid the glitch; find a way to bypass the glitch. Some people want to be as optimal as possible, so they can use the glitch. Keeping the glitches in is really a win-win.

1 Like