Why don't they fix the GLITCHES?

No, speedrunning is speedrunning. Playing Hitman is using stealth and disguises to eliminate the target in as discreet a manner as possible, with time not being a factor for consideration.

Then speedrunning wouldn’t be a factor, would it? If anything, it adds to the creativity of the game, because it’s another means to be used to accomplish your goal. To take that away would be to remove options, not incorporate them.

For me, if you are using the application that is Hitman, you’re playing Hitman, regardless of playstyle or methods.

3 Likes

Nope, it’s all playing Hitman. Hitman is about freedom of approach and creativity, that is all.

You preferring to approach the game in a realistic way is your choice, doesn’t make your style “playing Hitman” and other styles not. You are no authority on this in the slightest.

7 Likes

He is literally a genetically engineered super clone, stronger than peak humans.
[/quote]

I mean there’s nothing really superhumanistic he would do, and its very ok of course. He can see through walls, which doesnt make sense and carry a lot of stuff in his bags which again doesn’t make a lot of sense. But they are ok.

1 Like

He can:

• run for ages without ever showing signs of fatigue
  • get shot at multiple times and still be standing and/or running
  • can literally scale the whole paris building on ledges using just his hands.

To just name a few examples

4 Likes

The tranquilizer no longer counts as an accident against a target. Is this a glitch or is it a feature meant to block the “tranquilize and headshot” exploit?

1 Like

Based on the story, I would agree that these things are unrealistic but somewhat plausible. I’d say that we are really dealing with plausibility rather than realism. If not that, then a kind of selective realism, only caring about certain areas of the game being realistic based on context, mechanics and personal preference. That’s really the determining factor in how people want to play, but I think that people wanting to play without glitches and people wanting to play with glitches can both easily be catered to by leaving glitches in and allowing people to restrict themselves.

1 Like

We are not against each other on this one. The fact that he is a clone makes things you are saying reasonable. But the whole game, the whole Hitman game, makes a realistic atmosphere and I believe the goal is to make us feel a realistic assassination. But going on a violin and using a breaching charge to go up floor ruins everything.

1 Like

Within the hitman universe, its not that unrealistic and yes its plausible, because again: he is an engineered super clone. Which was the point i was making. He clearly has feats that go beyond peak humans, which was the initial argument :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Incorrect, but to be fair, I don’t think you’re getting what I mean when I say I’m “playing Hitman.” I mean, I am playing as Agent 47, doing what he would do and how he would do it, which canonically, is not what players who speedrun do. So when you’re speedrunning, you’re speedrunning; when you’re playing Hitman, you’re playing the story of the game in the way the character would do it.

1. Yes I am.
  2. You literally just spent your post telling me what you perceive to be the what’s-what of playing the game, as if you’re some kind of authority of your own. Practice that preachin’.

The goal is to have fun, explore, be creative and have freedom of approach :slight_smile: You can take that and opt to play in a realistic way, and the game provides that opportunity for you.

As long as you ignore/dont do these glitches. Which you shouldnt if youre going for a realistic playthrough

5 Likes
  1. No you are not.
  2. i literally said that all playstyles/ways of playing are playing hitman. Which they are.

Then you should have phrased it better, because how you phrased it initially is simply incorrect

4 Likes

I think the real point of debate here is not whether these glitches break immersion/realism, but what both individuals, the community and IOI can do to enable everyone to enjoy the game.

On the individual side of things, people can use glitches or choose not to use them. This, for me, solves the issue.

On the community side of things, we can manage how we want to rate speedruns etc. and what we consider “allowed”. By doing this, we can use splits such as speedrun categories to cater to everyone: pretty effective.

On IOI’s side, they can leave the glitches in, allowing the aforementioned solutions to work, or patch glitches, restricting some of the playerbase in a negative way to cater to another part of it. I think that’s both ineffective and unnecessary.

1 Like

Yes, I am.

An absolute statement, meaning you feel yourself to be an authoritative voice on what it is and isn’t, after presuming to tell me that I am not. You are contradicting yourself, yet again. You cannot say something is something and consider yourself as the bearer of truth, while telling another they are not the same.

In any event, I clarified my statement.

Thats a very good solution and i had thought about that. But the strange thing for me was that, as far as i know, in the speedrun community (i mean speedrun.com) only the tranq one was disallowed. Other ones completely fine.

1 Like

I’m on Frote’s side regarding the definition of “playing Hitman” here, but can we just acknowledge each other’s definitions and move on? You (Heisenberg) clearly have your own interpretation of what is playing Hitman: you’ve expressed exactly what this is, and I think your HPP are very interesting and great. Can we just agree on a more literal definition of playing Hitman, and allow you to use an alternative phrase to reference your ideas?

Regarding “authority” on what constitutes playing Hitman, we, as Hitman players, are all authorities on what it means to us in my opinion.

4 Likes

Yeah, I can get on board with that.

1 Like

Playing Hitman is clicking on this symbol:

grafik

And lasts until the application is closed.

Console? Idk what that is!

Everything else is just preferences.

People, do we really need that discussion again? It is up to anyone how to play this game, and that fact has to be considered when talking about certain aspects wether they should be changed. Just disregarding arguments solely because they don’t exist in for your preferences is not a proper way to engage discussions in this forum.

13 Likes

No i am not contradicting myself. Stating a fact doesn’t make me an autorhority on the matter.

I have no issues with your clarified statement (where you actually explained what you meant), as that one does actually make sense and isn’t incorrect.

3 Likes

Then the entire original authority comment is rendered moot, as I too was stating a fact. That it was misinterpreted being beside the point. Either way, clarification abounds.

1 Like