World of Assassination Physical Release

Oh yeah, now we all know August has more surprises than we are even aware of, and yes, I’m gonna buy this, I want the 3 art cards.

4 Likes

I find it expensive and useless too.

…and it’s spread continues. An NZ retailer has it listed now too.

And still no sign of a Xbox release either. Perhaps it being on Game Pass has made them skip it?

6 Likes

im pretty sure most video games are all digital now for the most part.
digital is better because you don’t have to worry about scratching the game disc, the game case gets dusty. screw that. but are there still physical copies of video games? i think so. this game? its like the other posters are saying you probably wont find a physical copy.

August 25, PS5 only with a PS4 download code

12 Likes

It’s official now.

That there is no XSX version is disappointing, but I suppose it’s better than nothing.

I hope at least some of those rare signed cards end up in the hands of real fans and don’t just disappear from the world or, worse, get lost by someone who doesn’t know or care about the rarity of those.

It’s still strange that it only costs $50 when the digital version is $70.

6 Likes

50 signed art cards… wow, this is very intriguing, it feels like Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory

9 Likes

Well, we’ll eventually see some copies of the game with signed cards on well-known sites with prices that defy common sense #cynical.

1 Like

At least they won’t be able to sell them as still sealed - they’ll have to be opened to see if the cards are signed or not. Which will lower the value somewhat.

I see what you did there IO. I approve.

2 Likes

I wondered, since I’m interested in purchasing this version (My PS4 H3 box is a little bit broken), what are my actual chances of getting the 3 signed Art Cards?

There are 50 lucky fans, but out of how many? Let’s be honest, this game is 2.5yrsold and most people that already wanted the game got it for themselves, this release must be very small since not a lot of people actually need to buy it.

Do you think IOI might indicate on how big is the chance of finding the signed art cards?

4 Likes

I think it’s more the fact the physical editions will be shipped to the respective retailers and the copies with signed cards may not actually make sale. Saying that I expect this to gain a lot of interest and adding the cards gives fans of the franchise reason to purchase the physical.

I’ve got a copy on pre-order - looking forward to getting it :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I’ve got a couple pre-ordered simply for my personal “Hitman” collection purposes and not for anything else. Gameplay wise, I’ve got all the content dating back to H1 digitally (& physically as well). I’m an IOI fanatic…

1 Like

Very surprised Xbox aren’t getting a physical release? :thinking:

3 Likes

I’m not. With the game still being in Game Pass, I’d be surprised if a Xbox release would have sold a lot of units.

1 Like

Physical media about to become a thing of the past since digital media makes cancel culture more effective and bans much more costly.

1 Like

I don’t think physical media is going to be disappearing anytime soon. After all we’re approaching a decade since the massive DVD popularity wave coming to an end, but shows are still releasing on DVD to this day.

4 Likes

Wow, this is the first I’m hearing of this. Huh.

Actually the article mentions a PS5 disc and PS4 code

This is really weird but I get that they needed a way to provide both the PS5 and PS4 versions, since the 4 still has PSVR support whereas the 5 doesn’t have any.

I wonder if the PS4 code can still get you access to the PS5 digital version.
All digital versions of the game give you both versions, so it’d be… interesting.

The original PS5 disc release of H3 also included a code for the PS4 version for those that owned a PSVR headset to play in VR - but it gave only granted the PS4 version digitally and didn’t give the PS5 one also.

1 Like

Wait a sec, can I use both? I mean… buy the physical release for both my PS5 and PS4?

Looks like my streak of my partner buying me duplicate copies of games in the trilogy under the well-meaning but misguided assumption its a brand new game continues… :joy:

This happened not once but twice with H1 - so I ended up with both the Complete First Season and Definitive Edition releases (in addition to owing H1 digitally). Now I have the original H3 disc release and the WoA re-release (also in addition to owning it digitally).

7 Likes