Year 3 Hopes and Dreams

Bonus missions would be something I want but maybe also a few more NEW ET the maps loose there full potential when players are focusing on the main mission areas instead of small interesting rooms or places targets don’t go

1 Like

47’s Signature Silverballers (Dual)!

Edit - also, the ability to display them on the wall of the safehouse! Like in the original Hitman 3!

Screenshot_20221105-170938_YouTube

6 Likes

YES! That is one thing I miss in the WoA! Dual Ballers would be incredible.

Just a reskin would be fine, but giving them a dual aiming function would be cool as well. Could target with LT and then hold LB to switch to aiming the other gun. Could take out two guards, but the payoff would be decreased accuracy.

2 Likes

I’ll keep it simple and say weapons, items, outfits, and some ET Rewards similar to the GOTY Update from 2016.

I just want some of “basic stuff” like:

1. Release of individual permanent Elusive Targets
    (without levels, complications and cooldown when failing)
  2. Return of challenge packs (mix of old and new ones)
  3. Escalation for Ambrose Island
  4. Additional suit unlocks like:
    -Signature Suit with Gloves from HITMAN 1
    -Buttoned up Suit
    -VIP Patient from Hokkaido
    -Tropical Islander from Haven Island
    -Subject 47 from Carpathian Mountains
    -datamined outfits that were laying in game for more than year (like Solstice Suit and Butcher Outfit)
    -Splinter Cell-like infiltration outfit with night vision googles
    -Outfit inspired by Colombian missions from Codename 47
  5. If we get paid any DLC content I really hope for some proper bonus missions in HITMAN 2 and 3 maps (HITMAN 1 has enough of them, even though I woudn’t mind getting one in Paris with opened museum)
5 Likes

I still hope we get a Halloween themed Whittleton Creek one day!!!

Oh the opportunities this would bring! :grin:

3 Likes

I’d be thrilled with any new Year 3 content besides just reactivations of already ran ETs and featured contract bundles. This includes:

• A new map (preferably snow themed)
  • Bonus missions on existing maps (preferably snow themed)
  • Content Updates to Freelancer
  • Cosmetic Updates to Freelancer
  • Expanding Contracts Mode
  • Improving Sniper Assassin (make the Mastery not so grindy, make Accident Kills actually work like accidents and not alert everyone)
  • Officially implementing some of the fan mods into the full game (such as the Chongqing Noodle Massacre and the Time of Day mod)
  • New Challenge Packs
  • Bringing back the 111 Content Rich challenges from 2016 and 2 that were cut out in Hitman 3 (shameless self-plug)
  • New Seasonal Events
  • More challenges added to the already existing Seasonal Events like they’ve done in Year 2
  • New Escalations (Especially one on Ambrose Island, preferably without No Disguise Changes and Restricted Loadout)
  • Bringing back the escalations from 2016 that weren’t ever carried over to 2 or 3 (Maybe not all 38 of them, but every map has at least 1 escalation I thought was fun and I’d like to see return)
  • New Elusive Targets (Especially on Hitman 2 and 3 locations that only got one or none)
  • New ET Arcade bunches
  • New Special Assignments
  • Special Assignment reworks of already existing ETs

I’d gladly pay for most of this stuff. I’d also gladly trade not getting anything in Year 3 if it meant they were working on a proper offline mode.

3 Likes

yes the subject 47 and challenge packs

More levels like Berlin please. Having 10 targets to choose from with absolutely no side objective at all was fantastic, just pure utter fun. Definitely my favorite map in the new game, as well as a bunch of other cool bonus unlocks like the rave outfit, bunny mask and he party goer outfit and the sniper rifle. Please make more stuff like this, lots of people to kill and lots of stuff to unlock from challenges and escalations.

With that said, some new escalations with unlocks attached to them would be nice as well. The Hokkaido escalation for unlocking the Striker is absolutely one of the funniest missions in the game with a fun silly reward.

itd be kinda nice to get weekly escalations again

1 Like

freelancer might satisfy you

1 Like

All possibility of something new for Year 3 disappeared the instant Freelancer was delayed a second time.

1 Like

I highly doubt that. If we get no new content for Year 3, it’s because there was never going to be any no matter what. Year 3 has always been a hypothesis, at best. I don’t see Freelanxer’s delay being a factor, especially since it will release only six days into Year 3, if we’re counting the years as starting on January 20th.

3 Likes

Whittleton Creek and Colombia are the only locations in the Trilogy which have so far been limited to one ET activation within HITMAN 3 (excluding non-applicable locations). See here for a full count by map.

Most other locations have seen three activations, aside from Paris & Hawke’s Bay with two each and Dartmoor and Mendoza with six. Whittleton Creek & Colombia both should have at least one more opportunity for those who missed them to acquire their suit rewards.

4 Likes

My dream for Year 3 is that they release a cross progression solution for everyone, or at least for Stadia players since the platform is shutting down.

5 Likes

My hope is for a tactical turtleneck with gloves and to be able to wear that version during the ICA training, for some of the weapons that will be claimable in Freelancer to be in our inventory in the main game, the ability to choose what we wear for all Patient Zero missions, a way to return to the contracts mode screen after finishing a contract, and full playability offline. Mariah Carey might not want a lot for Christmas, but screw her, I do!

5 Likes

I feel happy with what’s already there right now and am mostly just waiting for Freelancer, however I wouldn’t mind new bonus missions or longevity updates (better offline + ET suits unlockable after ETs end).
ETAs that go for wackier complications or with new ETA-exclusive ETs built for the mode to make them less stale and predictable could be great (and at least one ETA that has the Deceivers with optional complication please).
Contracts mode could also use an UI patch to make consecutive contracts feel better to play.

Hopefully Freelancer being finished could mean more effort going towards bonus missions and other juicy content. Although the more reasonable part of me expects Y3 to either not exist or have most Freelancer staff moved onto other projects while roadmaps remain mostly composed from easy to prepare FCs, ET reactivations and some ETAs.

Another question is whether IOI would want to make more paid DLCs or not to avoid potential backlash.

2 Likes

My Year 3 hope is that IOI does more updated graphics, like they’ve done with a handful of the elusive targets such as The Badboy, Food Critic and Chef. However, instead of just restricting these modernisations to the ETs I think it should also go to the starting location images as well. At some point the waiter start on Haven Island was fixed so that it displayed the waiter disguise, not resort staff, and now it really stands out compared to the other starting locations as it has 47’s H3 face and a detailed kitchen/restaurant in the background. Another part that could do with refining is on H2016 locations, as any undercover starting locations are labelled as “Undercover in the Kitchen” instead of just “Kitchen”, which I feel is unnecessary as it will always get cut off with “…” .

3 Likes

my year 3 hope is the butcher suit well maybe the old lighting ratings we want to return and more game modes

4 Likes

Really hoping for this too. Hokkaido PZ is literally the only mission in the whole trilogy where it would make sense to use the Siberia snow suit, and yet the mission doesn’t let you use it because of the forced suit requirement.

Give us the option, IO! Hope they modify the PZ mountain entrance to remove the forced Turtleneck one day. Also hope hey do the same with the Berlin Club entrance starting point (remove the forced Rave On Suit since it’s already an unlockable, so I can do Suit Only contracts without running from the radio tower everytime) and the Winery Viewpoint in Mendoza (remove the forced Bond Tuxedo).

4 Likes