Yes or No...? 2

No, not at all. You also scream!

8 Likes

Act like a tonker and you get treated like a tonker, act like a human and you get treated like one. It’s fucking simple as.

7 Likes

I happen to come across a post on facebook… It had 2 figures looking at a globe (or the Earth) one side was normal, the other was on fire, and it had the caption…

We don’t see things as they are, we see things as WE are.

The word “Normal” is insufficient due to the nearly unlimited variations in life experiences that shape the way we think. What might be “normal” to one person might be “weird” to another. In the end (and IMO) one needs to have empathy.

6 Likes

Two games I’m interested in recently came out. Resident Evil 4 remake and Sifu (for Xbox). I’ll probably get both at some point but which do you think I should pick first? Two very different games, I know. :smile:

  • RE4
  • SIFU

0 voters

5 Likes

Capcom is disappointing me with it remaking all these games, and leaving the continuity of its canon in question, and if there was one game that absolutely did not need a remake it was RE4. So go with the other one, and ignore the RE4make, so it gets it’s due.

2 Likes

Hate to break it to you but RE4 is already viewed as a success so I doubt ignoring it will make a difference. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I know, but just because it’s a success doesn’t mean its existence is justified. RE2 and 3 remakes were also successes and they shouldn’t exist either. In fact, only the 2002 remake of the original game was warranted since the original game was so crappy.

2 Likes

It’s all well and good if you’re not a fan of certain remakes but rather or not it’s “justified” got nothing to do with it. It’s just supply and demand and making that money. :money_mouth_face:

Sorry to say but you haven’t talked me out of getting it. Fair try though. :wink:

3 Likes

They both seem excellent, so I’d say maybe just go for the one you’re more in the mood of playing right now? (if that applies to both, then I can’t help you; go eenie meenie on them or have an octopus pick for you :sweat_smile:)

5 Likes

You’re no help at all! Flip a coin and vote, damnit! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

They’re pretty different games, do you want a punishing, hard combat game, where you’ll be playing the same levels and honing your skills/reaction time?

Or a lengthy, story-driven action-survival shooter you might only play once or twice after buying?

If sifu is on sale go for it, but if not best to get RE4R while its fresh and unlikely to get a deep sale that you’ll regret later

2 Likes

I don’t know what SIFU is but I’ll never play a Resident Evil game, so my vote is SIFU, whatever game that is.

3 Likes

Wait, you’re saying I can’t learn Kung Fu while shooting zombies? :sob:

2 Likes

I just remembered and old hoax (& kinda fitting it’s at… or after April 1st).

The "Resident Akuma " legend is an urban legend revolving around the 1998 survival horror game Resident Evil 2 .

On page 20 of the April 1998 issue of EGM2 magazine, there is a section claiming that the Street Fighter character Akuma could be unlocked as a special character in Resident Evil 2 . According to the page, players could unlock the secret character Akuma by completing both sets of scenarios (Leon A and Claire B, and Claire A and Leon B) with an A rank in each. This must be done a total of six times, all while only using the starting weapons (the handgun and the knife). When you start up the seventh playthrough, play until you reach the computer console. Instead of typing “GUEST” like normally, players must type in “AKUMA”. This would supposedly cause players to transform into the Street Fighter character Akuma. Akuma reportedly had the ability to shoot powerful fireballs.

I think performing the Shun Goku Satsu on zombies would be… well, pretty messy, but fun as heck!

5 Likes

re4 is a highly replayable game and im sure the remake kept that original aspect of it

though this is a hard pick, ive had my eye on sifu for a while but i think you’d get more out of re4r even because even if its half the game re4 was its still a remake of one of the best action games out there

5 Likes

Now where have I heard that one before? :man_bald:

10 Likes

i prefer sifu, myself. it depends what you’re expecting from it though.

sifu has similarities to sleeping dogs, dmc and sekiro. rhythm and quick thinking are essential, and it can be very challenging, so it’s whether you want that kind of souls-y, git gud, bang-your-head-against-the-wall experience or not.

it isn’t quite sekiro in terms of difficulty but it does not fuck about. plus, it is pure combat gameplay-wise, so bear that in mind. it takes some getting used to but once it clicks, it is a great representation of ‘grounded’ martial arts. the combat is a lot deeper than it first appears too, with tech bordering on fighting game territory, so you’re always learning new ways to fuck people up. i could play it forever but im an idiot who still laughs after the 100th digital goon’s face violently meets a table edge.

6 Likes

I’m surprised it hasn’t been risen before (at least I haven’t seen).
So I guess I’ll be the one to ask this ultimate question

  • Ghost Mode
  • Freelancer

0 voters

5 Likes

In other words:

Freelancer: the lonely option

Ghost mode: the fun option

7 Likes

Freelancer: the monotonous and boring option. Especially with those ridiculous challenges.

I would say

3 Likes