Yes or No...? 2

More like: Freelancer, the eternally playable option.

Ghost Mode: The lame, chaotic, failed option.

2 Likes

I don’t think Ghost mode failed, i think it was just not making enough money, it’s a market failure yes, but the community did and still do (wity mods) adore it

3 Likes

That still means it failed. Not enough people had enough interest to warrant keeping it going. Really, I only played it for the Phantom suit, and in hindsight, I need not have bothered.

1 Like

With Ghost Mode you played against a real human, which can’t always be the same and predictable. It was always entertaining.
It was also a test of your playability skills if you wish. A competition mode.

With Freelancer you just simply kill all the same NPCs with no real challenge or competition, or fun. Basically it’s just a slightly modified Contracts/Escalation Mode.
Nothing unique and special.
So Ghost Mode is the best mode in HITMAN personally for me

4 Likes

In my eyes (i know you’ll never agree!) It only half failed, it failed 100% on the money making and IOI front, but it didn’t fail on the player employment front!

3 Likes

@Heisenberg @Charlie_Farmer but how it’s all about money?
How GM consumed money while Freelancer earns tons of money for IOI?

2 Likes

This is exactly the reason I hated it.

6 Likes

Although I did rank FL above GM - GM could still be fun. The other player makes all the difference. If they’re a noob I’d try to go easier on them. If they were an advanced player that was diabolical in not only their kills but in dealing with me (such as leaving a mine at an entrance - to where I’d need to take a long way around) that makes it tense and I become discouraged from even trying.

Now, getting matched up with someone that is close to your own skill level - that’s when it can be fun.

FL can be slower-paced and I can see why someone would prefer GM to it. It would be nice if it were still available… Outside of mods or whatever method people are still playing it - if any. :confused:

5 Likes

Here, here!

2 Likes

I know there are people (a lot of them) that enjoy multiplayer and interacting with others in their gaming. I don’t and never have. I didn’t even like the Envy Deadly Sin content. I don’t ever play with timers or clocks. Put a time limit on pretty much anything and I will automatically enjoy it less. Having another player (human or machine) effectively puts a time limit on a game that doesn’t need one.

I want to spend as long as I want playing a map without any time pressure and most of the game is excellent for that style of play. Ghost mode was/is not.

1 Like

@schatenjager @Heisenberg oh, come on guys!
Were you so bad at GM? Even worse than me? Don’t believe it, no way

3 Likes

It’s not about being bad. It’s about not enjoying it.

3 Likes

Well, if you’re good at anything you’re enjoying it.
If you suck at anything, you’ll avoid it whenever possible.
Isn’t it such?

At least it’s true for me

2 Likes

Not necessarily. I’m good at my job; I don’t care for it. I’m probably good at murder, given my education in law enforcement, but I wouldn’t enjoy doing it.

Anyway, I wasn’t good at GM because I wasn’t even trying to be good at it. The very nature of it was anathema to my entire playing style, and I only used it enough for the reward it offered and then never picked it up again.

3 Likes

No.

There are players who love to do things quickly. There are players who prefer to do things slowly.

A mode like ghost mode inherently is a forced rush mode. You have to be quick or your opponent will win. You don’t have time to set things up, be methodical, or take your time. That isn’t fun.

I don’t want to be rushed. I don’t want to have to hurry. If I want to spend half an hour looking through a sniper scope and watching a target, I want to be free to do that.

Can I play quickly? Sure. I played a bunch of Ghost Mode levels in an effort to get that stupid suit but I didn’t enjoy it. I’m glad that you do enjoy it but it’s not for me.

5 Likes

I’m very good at soccer. I also hate it.

1 Like


We’ve all seen fictional characters sporting some badass tattoos or badass looking scars, right? But if you had to pick one, which looks cooler? Or which would you say is more…intimidating.

  • Badass Scars
  • Badass Tattoos

0 voters

4 Likes

You left out the most infamous one :grin:

6 Likes

Tattoos might have been a little intimidating decades ago but they’re so commonplace they mean nothing today (except to the people who get them, obviously).

4 Likes

I said badass looking scars not the characters that leave you mentally scared! :wink:

3 Likes