Yes or No...? 2

I would definitely want something music or book related for Christmas and Birthdays personally, but a game or money/gift card are also accepted

5 Likes

Before streaming became the way of the music world I would always have preferred an album or a an mp3 (like you could get me an iTunes gift card and say “it’s for the new Cannons album/single”).

Now I want concert tickets to anything really.

2 Likes
Which is your favorite word to describe a meal
  • Breakfast
  • Lunch
  • Dinner
  • Supper

0 voters

3 Likes

Food
:slight_smile:

8 Likes

I grew up calling Lunch as Dinner, and Dinner as Tea. I was the only one in my home village who did (yes i once asked everyone who would actually answer to a 9 year old)

I wonder who says it like me on the Forum?

4 Likes

Those terms usually have a time of day when they’re more appropriate to use.

Breakfast: Obviously in the morning, typically after so many hours after waking up… But I suppose it could used for any meal after coming off from a fast, and that could be any time during the day.

Lunch is typically during the afternoon, around 12 till maybe 3 or 4.

Dinner and Supper… I’ve always thought of them being interchangeable. But apparently Dinner would be a main meal, while supper would be a lighter meal. Typically consumed in the evening hours of the day.

Brunch (imo) is a late morning snack.

Edit: Here’s a term! Vittles? Victuals. Not sure what they’d refer to (outside of just googling it :yawning_face: ). It is, however, a word I dislike since it’s pronounced differently than what it reads as.

Grub… :smile:

4 Likes

Breakfast - the thing I eat when I wake up (any time between 6 and 9 depending on the day), usually cereal, yoghurt or toast

Lunch - the middle meal of the three, eaten at any time between half 9 and 2ish

Dinner/Tea - evening meal, usually eaten between 6 and 7

For reference, I’m British and usually say tea instead of dinner, but they are definitely interchangeable. I never say supper, unless asking my mates if they have supp’d as part of a joke.

3 Likes

CHOOSEEEEE

• Hot & Fresh Delicious Food
  • High-Quality Christian Education

0 voters

3 Likes

Somebody is feeding people premium, freshly prepared food and letting them know in an easy manner where they can go get it? That is a high quality Christian education, to those who pay attention real Christian teachings. I’m pretty sure my man Jesus “J.C.” De La Christ did that very thing.

Plus, the whole red and black paint scheme seems a bit :smiling_imp: Devilish.

1 Like

Well, put together it’s Christmasy, but I see what you mean.

While the green, yellow and white would suggest…

2021-Eat-Fresh-Refresh

:yum:

8 Likes

I already went to Catholic school and actually was quite good with the teachers and study plans, so now I’m choosing the delicious food.

2 Likes

But there’s no “I pick both” option. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Feed your body and your soul. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

The poll was clear - Salvation or Subway! :joy:

3 Likes

Does that mean subway is actually Hell?

5 Likes

Suuuubway to hell! :notes:

11 Likes

Those terms have changed over the decades though.

Back when way more people worked on their own land the noon meal was the biggest. It was called dinner. The morning meal was called lunch and it was lighter but still not as light as modern day to day breakfast. Supper was a late meal one would have after a full day in the fields or farms or whatever. Supper was also light, often just some soup.

Once more and more people started travelling to work in the city they didn’t have time to go home and cook a giant meal in the middle of the day. They started packing a lighter meal or going out mid day and this is now called lunch. Breakfast became the early meal you eat before you head to work and dinner became the biggest meal of the day that you ate in the evening. You still hear the late meal called supper and mid meal called dinner but only occasionally and only by a few older people who grew up on a farm.

5 Likes

In the meantime, here I stand with my one hour and a half pause at noon… :fr:

5 Likes