Yes or No...? 2

H2, but not by much. Overall aesthetics were on point and the missions were the most fun and old school hitman Ive felt since 2010-ish. H3 is nice, but cmon, H2 has Miami, WC, NY and Haven. Plus H2 brought more to the table: briefcase, foiliage, PiP, fiberWIRE, authentic weapons, cool new tools and the banana. H2 was basically the peak of this trilogy.

13 Likes

The quality of the maps across the WOA trilogy in my opinion:

Hitman 1:
Great:Sapienza,Hokkaido
Awesome:-
Very good:Paris
Good:Marrakesh
Ok:Colorado
Awful:Bangkok

Hitman 2:
Great:Miami,Mumbai
Awesome:Whittleton Creek,New York,Haven
Very good:Isle of Sgail
Good:Santa Fortuna
Ok:Hawkes Bay

Hitman 3:
Great:Dubai,Dartmoor,Berlin,Mendoza
Awesome:Chongqing
Ok:Carpathian Mountains

(Great=the best,Awful=the worst)

Obviously,my favourite is H3,H2 being a close second.

9 Likes

In H1 I have to come to the defense of Colorado and Marrakesh because they’re my babies.
In H2 I have to come to the defense of Santa Fortuna because it’s also my baby.

In H3 I don’t need to defend anyone because the fanbase likes them all. All 5 missions. Honestly kind of wish a mission sucked more in H3 just so I could join the defense force for another mission.

10 Likes

might be just me but Chongqing kinda sucks and was only really good for the first few playthroughs.

5 Likes

what if - hypothetically speaking, of course - there was a sixth mission. i wonder if the fanbase would unanimously like that one. :wink:

6 Likes

No one wants a baby looking like CarpMounts. It will stay an orphan. Which is kinda fitting. :smile:

2 Likes

Well yes, but actually no: https://www.hitmanforum.com/t/any-levels-where-you-dislike-the-mission-but-love-the-map

2 Likes
Is BM that bad?
  • Yes.
  • No.
  • Never played it.

0 voters

Is BM overrated?
  • Yes.
  • No.

0 voters

1 Like

The story sucks, AI sucks, and graphic patterns didn’t significantly changed from Contracts (compare it to the changes Absolution or WoA had) so, is it unfair to say that a another game (SA) with pretty much the same graphic pattern, sucking AI BUT a great story is better?

3 Likes

Stuck between saying ‘no’ because AVY wasn’t that bad and ‘Never played it’ because my WOA mind can’t get past Curtains Down

3 Likes

I can play all of H3 and H1 and feel invested. H2, I can’t say the same for many parts of it.

4 Likes

What do you mean by graphic patterns? Can’t be graphics in general since those were a big step up from Contracts :thinking:
Also let’s be honest here, Contracts is still nothing more that H2SA 2.5 while BM and Absolution brought something new to the table. :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

BM is overrated in a way that everyone likes to exaggerate how bad it is. Some guys on this forum like to talk about it like its a creation from hell. It really isn’t that bad. Its also not as good as some fanboys claim it to be. I like to think its up there with Contracts and perhaps the WOA trilogy.

17 Likes

Based Doggo

9 Likes

Careful there Ochoa, you might have a little friend and a tendency to shout insulting taunts reveal factual truths, but that there is a danger dog and you should not mess with a danger dog. Not to mention he left a “gift” on your compound.

6 Likes

nothing is overrated, but some stuff is underrated.

thank you for your time.

8 Likes

Blood Money got many faults and even though I enjoy sounding like a broken record, i’ll make it short and add a new twist to my tale of why BM is the worst Hitman game.

I like the game, it’s a good Hitman game. It’s one of my overall favourite games of all time, that said so is every Hitman game and I would still rate it lowest in the series. It’s not a bad game, it just extremely overrated and romanticised.

7 Likes

Your first question is very much biased, since it implies BM is a bad game either way. Which it simply is not, no matter what flaws (rightful or not) one may find about it.

See? Even Norseman admits it! :laughing:

Ah yes, we all loved the riveting, multi-layered story of Contracts. Oh, wait…

Considering the AI in all the other games in the series, this is about as relevant as a UN peacekeeping mission…

What EvilGeniusRo said. Plus, comparing it in this regard to games that came out 6 and 10 years later and on a different engine doesn’t really make much sense don’t you think?

7 Likes

Blood Money is a good game, I don’t think it’s as astonishing (or as bad!) as some people say it is however, especially in comparison to the pre-existing games and those that came after it but that is another topic.

Of course, tons of factors come into play, different preference, opinions, appreciations and realizations. In my experiences (keep in mind I haven’t had a complete experience with Blood Money in some time) it simply wasn’t super great. I was looking forward to what’s often spoken of as “peak Hitman” but it heavily disappointed me in that aspect. THAT BEING SAID, it’s still a good, fun game. I’ve actually been having an itch to give it another full playthrough recently.

It has a really cool theme going on but something felt missing for me. It did still upgrade/introduce some of the existing Hitman principles though. It was a necessary step (though imo one that could’ve been better, always the case of course but you know what I mean).

My very minor recent experiences with BM have been fairly better so I’ll be interested to see how my next full playthrough goes. There are a lot of things I could mention right now but I’ll leave it at that.

5 Likes

I never meant to picture BM as a bad game, I wanted to know if BM is as bad as a lot of posts (and memes) about how BM is a mediocre/bad game says it is. I actually like BM, in fact BM is my favourite classic hitman game

Maybe if I change the question to “Is BM a bad game?” or "Is BM as bad as what the posts/memes says about it? " then it won’t give that impression on you. I’ll try to change the question on the poll, but by doing that then the voters’ thoughts won’t represent what they voted for (And the votes will get deleted).

5 Likes