Your first Hitman game

They are all better than Blood Money :grin:

4 Likes

they are all not as good as blood money :smile:

4 Likes

Played Hitman 2 Silent Assassin back in ~2004. A classmate gave me a CD with pirated games and H2SA was one of 'em. I mostly screwed around with cheats and having fun with the ragdolls, first game with ragdolls that I ever played. It wasn’t until Hitman Contracts which was the third I played that I started playing it seriously and paying attention to the plot :grin:

7 Likes

@Screaming_Meat @MrOchoa with one should I believe ? :joy:

1 Like

Norseman you should believe :smile: Of course Blood Money is the worst one.

2 Likes

@Screaming_Meat is known to be a notorious troll! Take everything he says with a grain of salt :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

They all have pluses and minuses. What you will definitely notice if you go back to the old games is that they are not as polished, graphically and gameplay-wise, nor do they use the same control systems so if you’re used to World of Assassination, playing something as recent as Absolution will still feel Off until you get used to it.

Every one of them can entertain (yes, even Blood Money) if you don’t compare it to the current generation I think.

3 Likes

2 Likes

You will maybe find this stupid but I found BM quite hard for me. Maybe it’s the fact that the detection meter is not easy to understand and that it’s quite difficult to know where a disguise is allowed.
And because of this I’m afraid the older ones will as difficult even more with all the old mechanics :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Contracts for me, in 2004. Pretty certain I saw the trailer in the ad breaks on British TV, and I was immediately sold on trying out the series. Started with Asylum Aftermath and been a massive Hitman fan ever since.

9 Likes

I bought the PS2 triple pack in 2007.

It had Blood Money first, 2 then contracts, so I thought Blood Money was the first game.

Christ I remember finishing the trilogy then the long torturous wait for Absolution.

7 Likes

Hitman Contracts.

My brother had rented it in like 2005 and after he was done with it I played a little.

First level I played was actually Traditions Of The Trade since he let me use his completed save file and I asked for the hotel level I saw earlier. The level scared me, especially when I saw the ghost a few minutes into my first ever playthrough.

After that I played in order.

7 Likes

Don’t worry, there’s nothing wrong with that. The classic games can be indeed quite challenging for a modern player.

C47 at some moments is more of a 3rd person shooter of its time, however it started everything and already had some crucial mechanics such as disguises and basic social stealth as well as the variety of approaches for those moments that weren’t linear.

H2SA started shaping the game into what it is known for, it had ratings system based on your performance that already punished non-target kills and noisy assassinations, a very sensitive suspicion meter and a couple more new mechanics. It important to learn how the game works (especially the suspicion meter), otherwise you might find yourself constantly getting compromised for seemingly random reasons.

Contracts didn’t bring nothing new except it polished H2SA’s gameplay to be slightly more forgiving and the levels became less linear and had more freedom to them.

Blood Money added some important mechanics like accidents, coin distractions and a lot more, and its gameplay was a lot more forgiving overall. It was a peak of the freedom of approaches for the classic games, this is why some considered it being “too casual” and easy. Still in a lot of ways it can be harder than the more recent games, especially if you don’t know all the nuances, as the game does little to explain them all.

Note that this is my subjective rundown of these games, even though I tried to be as objective as possible. It is perfectly understandable of someone to not play these games, however getting acquainted with them can still turn out to be a pleasant experience. Always remember to look or ask for some guidance if you’re having a hard time :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Thanks for this complete opinion !
Actually, it was difficult to use guides for me. There aren’t a lot of guides in French, the best ones are in English and at this time, I didn’t speak English very well. I can say that watching Hitman guides somehow improve my English :sweat_smile:
But maybe I will give it a try someday, especially Silent Assassin or Contracts.

And for example for BM I found a guide on YouTube and followed it all along. And even now I think I’m incapable of finding other ways to kill targets than the one in the guide :sweat_smile:
But I can easily do it on WOA, the game is way more easy now

I’m really ashamed sometimes to admit that I almost only play on casual just to not get angry at the game and ragequit :sweat_smile:
So yes, I play mostly on casual. I just use Professional mode when I follow SASO guides. And do’t even bother me with Master mode, no way I’m playing with this :joy:

6 Likes

Codename 47 in 2000. I may be one of the few who managed to finish it stealthily and not shoot everything in the face. Those Colombia missions can go die in a fire though.

4 Likes

Okay casual

7 Likes

Lo siento Pablo.

20 cargamentos de cocaina!

2 Likes

Hitman Blood Money on the PS2, closely followes by contracts and SA in that order.
I only played C47 a few months ago!

4 Likes

A few months ago you became a real person to MrOchoa

4 Likes

Codename 47. I’m old.

6 Likes