Your first Hitman game

Hitman 2 probably around 2002/2003. A friend at school recommended it and I’d never heard of it. Saw it on sale for £10 in some old clearance store and played it and loved it.

3 Likes

Hitman Codename 47. My stepdad brought it from Italy when he came home after a season of work. I was living in Romania back then.
I got so much into this game that 47 started to be more of a role model than a videogame. Obviously I wasn’t so good or bright at school and my stepdad used to, of course, blame videogames in particular Codename 47 since it was almost the only game I had and played.
He used to shout “you look all day long at that bald’s guy head instead of studying, that thing won’t teach you anything in life”.
My reply always was “look who’s talking. YOU’RE BALD TOO!!!” as he was. You know the tipe, bald in middle and hair on the sides. He looked like Joseph Clarence from Blood Money but without the beard. My mom sometimes came in my defense saying “it’s your fault. You brought him that game”.

9 Likes

Absolution.
Despite a lot of here hate this game, I love it.
It’s a great one even if it’s linear and straightforward.
Still, it’s a great game with a few of possibilities for creativity.
It might have been better of course, but it’s a great game how it is still.

@Anthony_G and I would suggest you to add a poll to the initial post with all the HITMAN titles so people could vote for their first one

8 Likes

Yes good idea for the poll :wink:

And I share your opinion on Absolution. I finished it a second times just one week ago and I enjoyed it. It’s linear but it’s really good, the gameplay is well balanced I think and there is some good ideas for the kills :+1:

1 Like

I just edited the first post with a poll so you can answer also that way and we’ll see which game was the more popular for starting :+1:
Thanks !

I put this here because it’s related to the older games but this week I’m on vacation in Paris and I was looking for older Hitman games to try them and I found a Hitman collection on PS2 with H2SA, Contracts and BM (odd that there isn’t C47…) for 29.99 € (about 30 $). Do you think it’s a good price for this ?

No its basically the original retail price. You can get it on eBay for 11-20 bucks.

2 Likes

C47 was only ever released on PC. Never got a console version.

2 Likes

Its time to change this.

3 Likes

I saw it much higher even above 50€ sometimes :sweat_smile:

You have to go into them understanding that they are 1) older, and 2) more difficult than BM.

If you already accept these things you’ll really enjoy the story in C47 and H2SA. Contracts is really just a series a flashbacks with an overarching story that is less than 2 full days in duration but it is also enjoyable. I recommend attempting to play them in order but if C47 isn’t something you can figure out how to play than at least read the letters 47 acquires in each level prior to playing H2SA so you get a full feel of where 47 was when that game starts.

Ok thanks for the advice.
If there are more difficult than BM I think I will use other guides on YouTube first :sweat_smile:

@Anthony_G just play contracts. in many ways it’s better.

2 Likes

6 Likes

1 Like

Oh now you’ve done it. I’m getting the shakes already…
0b8

4 Likes

My first glimpse of Mr. 47 was this magazine cover. I got (the first) Hitman 2 for the Gamecube a few months later in June 2003. My teenage brain didn’t understand the Silent Assassin title and I just massacred my way through the levels at first. I eventually got better and Hitman became my favourite games franchise. I joined the old, old version of this forum back in 2006 as ‘Mishter47’ and have lurked around ever since.

Nowadays, jobs and mortgages and families and the fact that pre-2004 games are better prevent me from playing modern videogames, but I still have a soft spot for Hitman and it’s the only franchise I still follow and regularly play. Here’s to another 22 years, 47!

10 Likes

Like virtually all entertaining things that I come to love, my introduction to Hitman began with something that had nothing to do with it. I’d seen some of the advertisements on tv of course, particularly around the time Contracts and Blood Money came out. All I knew was that they had one mean-looking bald dude in a suit who had a wire in his hands, clearly meant to strangle someone. That was the extent of it.

But, as the bard tells us, “For want of a nail, the kingdom was lost.” What happened was, at the beginning of summer 2007, I went to see Live Free or Die Hard with my wife/then-girlfriend. I became particularly fascinated by the use of pistols with attached silencers in the film, and wanted to play a game that had them. And that led me to getting a game I’d heard about and seen in commercials on tv for years: Splinter Cell. I started playing it for a few weeks, but couldn’t get past the first few levels. It was too boring for what was my tastes at the time. I wanted to be killing my enemies with my silenced pistol, not distracting them and sneaking past them. So I looked for alternatives.

I came upon the Wikipedia page for Hitman: Blood Money and learned about the genetically-enhanced cloned contract killer, Agent 47, and his perfect track record of untraceable kills and unfortunate accidents, and was immediately hooked. I ditched Splinter Cell altogether and bought Blood Money, played the first mission where I became acquainted with Diana’s dialogue and 47’s to-the-point style, and have never looked back.

10 Likes

Played a demo of SA and was hooked ever since, although before then, I remember seeing C47 in stores and passed on it. Wish I didn’t at the time but it’s too late for me now because I don’t like to backtrack. Once I play a game with better features then the previous one, I get a custom so my preference is to maintain or improve on said features. Although these days I don’t really play Hitman anymore, I’m still a fan.

6 Likes

Hello, just a little update on my experience with older Hitman games ! When I try the games on my PS2, it was impossible to play because the texts were too small on my TV so I think I will keep the PS2 Trilogy for my game collection.
But a few weeks ago I found the same trilogy on Xbox 360 and I bought it. And I have to say that I really struggle to play them :sweat_smile:
I’m not a good player for stealth games (except WOA maybe) so I was thinking : do you have some YouTube guides for H2SA and Contracts to recommend ? At least to start playing and not ragequit at the first level.
Thanks !

3 Likes