Access Pass for xbox

Microsoft store website on my phone is asking for serial numbers and things.

Sorry, but i own the game and should be able to play it without all this inconveniance.

I have never come across that before. Is this when you first access the store page, or when you are selecting a device to load on?

Unfortunately, remote install is more of a Microsoft issue than an IOI issue. Perhaps reach out to Xbox Support on Twitter or support.xbox.com.

Problem fixed for me.
My steps:(i have H1 GOTY Legacy Pack already)
sign in Microsoft Brazil webstore(my account region stay in USA)→search HITMAN GOTY Legacy Pack in webstore→buy HITMAN GOTY Legacy Pack(yeah,its free)→search HITMAN 1 GOTY Access Pass in webstore→buy HITMAN 1 GOTY Access Pass(its free)→remote download→enjoy !!!

Just to check that I had covered every possible angle, as remotely installing the now showing as owned GOTY access pass adds nothing to my queue, and attempting to go to the pages for the individual DLCs included in the bundle to try individually installing each one just takes me to the store page and asks me for £25 again (I guess some kind of oversight in how the store works), I tried remotely reinstalling Hitman 3 as well, which added the core game, the six missions, the Trinity pack, and the two Hitman 2 DLCs to my console’s download queue. Still no Hitman GOTY stuff among them, and managing the game still doesn’t show them as installable.

You might as well wait until the fix from IOI

Will be less confusing and frustrating :grin:

If the Access Pass is shown as “Owned” and you cannot remotely install on your device, I suggest contacting Xbox Support on Twitter or support.Xbox.com as remote installation is a Microsoft issue.

I found a workaround. Clicking to remote install on the store page for the access pass does nothing, however, I managed to get it to work by subsequently clicking on the Hitman GOTY edition upgrade in the list of items included in the pass, taking me to a separate page where it tells me “only available as part of a bundle” so far, so good, this tells me to select which bundle, I click the access pass. It takes me to the access pass page again, EXCEPT this time it shows it as costing the full price.
I click on “buy”, and instead of taking me to the checkout screen it began remotely installing.
I now have the Hitman 2016 levels in H3. Anyone else still having issues try this workaround.

Think some people have tried every way possible.

I’m just going to wait to IOI to patch it I think. Think the update is coming Monday anyway :grin:

Did they roll out today’s “fix” yet? If so I think it broke something, because as of this morning I cannot access the Hitman 2016 missions again. The Season 1 missions and GOTY upgrade which were installed yesterday no longer show as installed or even as installable again, and the workaround I used yesterday to install them no longer functions.

IO says the issue has been fixed. But, I still can not access the Hitman 1 levels.

It is not fixed, still the same.

1 Like

On a side note for when we do have this working, I’d figure I’d check if anyone has experimented with this yet as I was considering it…

When it comes to the Series X/S versions of games, ones which use the Scarlett instead of Durango architecture - while the game data requires install to the internal or expansion SSD, is it possible to free up a little extra space on those tiny one terabyte PCIe 4.0 SSDs by moving to your 16TB external HD any and all of the little 10MB “DLC” packages that are clearly nothing more than a simple license check to unlock content found within the core game install?

The game should still be able to register them, right? And they don’t require any velocity architecture features since they don’t include anything the game needs to load or run, so it should be possible to optimise the limited space available on the internal SSDs by sticking stuff like that on a different drive, right? I was figuring I may move things like the various 10MB access passes for Hitman 2016 and Hitman 2 content there once this whole business is sorted. Could probably free up half a gigabyte that way if I was to do it for all my SSD’s installed games, as a lot of them have that kind of “DLC” that doesn’t actually contain any of the data for the content within the package itself.

Game down for server maintenance, guess they will fix this issue aswell.

Still not fixed, what is going on?

I’ll certainly think twice about buying IOI games in future, can’t access a game i’ve paid for, poor.

2 Likes

It’s easier for me to say now that I have it working, and I can understand that it must be frustrating. But keep in mind you paid for H2016, H2, and H3 separately. There is no obligation for IOI to provide previous games in the next iteration. In fact, this is almost unheard of in every other gaming franchise. Yet IOI have worked very hard to make this happen for us. If they could wave a magic wand and fix it, they’d have done it by now. It may take time, but as they’ve offered to make those maps available, you can be assured that they will continue to keep working on this until they fix it.

1 Like

Hey guys,

We are still here figuring out the big fix that hopefully will solve all the issues and automatically install the DLCs. I was just silent as there were no updates to the issue over the weekend (we need Microsoft help for that). But we are still actively looking into solutions to make this process as smooth as possible,

Best,
Lukasz

9 Likes

Thanks again!! We appreciate you taking the time to update.

Thanks for the update @ioi_lukasz

@ioi_lukasz

I read that it worked for a lot of people from us and canada after the servers were down.
I don’t know whether it is due to the country or its store, but it still doesn’t work for me in Germany.

Maybe this information will help you with troubleshooting, I don‘t know.

From resetera…" I had a toooon of issues but eventually found one thing that worked for me.

Sign in here, see if it’s free. Every other link was still showing a price except the brazil store, where I finally got it.

From this point I got access but I noticed a new issue where my save files weren’t working if I made them after this point, until I looked at the manage game spot on xbox and saw it had hitman 1 listed there unchecked. Once I did that everything was fine."

This worked for me. I used the “install on my devices” button.