AMBROSE ISLAND, Andaman Sea (Mission #7) - Location Discussion

Boom World First Babay.

14 Likes

Yea I am a bit disappointed to be honest, I was hoping for some new Mission Stories because there were not so many in Hitman 3 :neutral_face:

3 Likes

I mean, there are some hidden Mission Stories. The same way that the other Hitman III missions only had three of them visible, but more hidden.

Some are talked about directly by Grey once you sight a target, some a hinted at by the challenges, some are hinted at by NPC chatters.

For what I have seen, some a even rather complex (meetings, proxy killingā€¦). So at least it doesnā€™t mean anything of the ā€œthe map is a sloppy half done jobā€ sort.

16 Likes

Okay, booting up my PS4 now, I can get in the game and servers are online.

When looking at the Shadows in the Water mission, I notice that it is missing the five Silent Assassin/Suit Only/Sniper Assassin challenges in the Challenges tab.

This canā€™t be right, right?

Edit: ā€œThe Classicsā€ is the term I was looking for.

7 Likes

I havenā€™t even touched this mission yet and Iā€™ve already got
Challenge Completion 9/53
and
Total Completion 16%

:fearful:

2 Likes

Yes, exactly what I just noticed. Itā€™s from the ā€œSilent Assassinā€ related challenges (e.g., Sniper Assassin x12, x17, etc)

No mission story guides I can live withā€¦ but the ā€œclassicsā€ challenges are all missing as well. Oof.

If feel like they put the wrong challenges in the ā€œclassicsā€ category.

9 Likes

Shit, whoever wrote the target descriptions really went all out. Kinda wish those paragraphs were smallerā€¦

Heā€™s Back!!!

15 Likes

OMG I love the guerilla wetsuitā€™s boots.

1 Like

Joins the discussion
Says ā€œNoā€
Refuses to elaborate further
Leaves

Sigma male grindset

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a Monkey Island reference. My life is complete.

(I mean I know it was in Sapienza but Iā€™m glad they put it in here as well.)

Immediately after finishing my ā€œout-of-officeā€ message I received the email from IOI about this mapā€™s release.
The universeā€™s signals must be respected!

1 Like

I guess it never occurred to IOI to upgrade their servers? Itā€™s completely overloaded(of courseā€¦what I was told, is that the servers are ā€œdown for maintenance.ā€ What a crock of dung. I would expect such goings on with Rockstarā€™s GTA 5 onlineā€¦but not Hitman. I guess Iā€™ll have to wait a few weeks for the popularity of Ambrose Island to die downā€¦before I can play this(as I am not among the privileged masses of Europe, where they have a 5 to 6 hour head start, to dominate the servers.) Hmmmā€¦must be niceā€¦

1 Like

But this is far more egregious. This isnā€™t just a switch between games or even a section of a game, like the change between most of H2 to New York and Haven; this is a switch between missions, and then a switch back. Sloppy as hell.

1 Like

Ambrose has only 19 mastery levels, does this happen to anyone else or only me?

3 Likes

Iā€™m enjoying the map a lot! Also gotta compliment IO for managing to mix social stealth with cover ups. This location is perfect in the sense of you being able to dress with combat fatigues or tactical clothing and makes perfect sense to let yourself being seen in the open since this place is a hot spot for pirates and mercenaries to hang around.

7 Likes

Same for me too, hopefully they add it soon and the Silent Assassin challenges etc

1 Like

Itā€™s a server bug. There are 20 levels. The 20th level should appear soon :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Getting better SASO