AMBROSE ISLAND, Andaman Sea (Mission #7) - Location Discussion

Well… I think 47s suit is kinda… overrated… :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

You’re going to get slaughtered for making a comment like that here! :wink:

I get it. Despite the so-called professional look of a suit and tie, it’s incredible unpractical for the job that 47 is doing. There is a reason that combat troops aren’t running around in dress suits with useless fabric hanging around their necks.

(putting things back on topic…) the default outfit for Ambrose Island is much more practical for the mission, even if the pants are a little pointless considering it’s a wet-suit.

3 Likes

I know :sweat_smile::see_no_evil:

I don’t get the wetsuit thing. Is it just a top or is he wearing a whole body wetsuit and he just put another pair of pants on?

1 Like

It all depends on the environment/setting. Blending in has always been an important factor.

100%. Alltho in the trilogy they also took suit only approaches in mind when designing the levels (and having challenges tied to it) because of how popular it was in the communityu.

7 Likes

I completely agree with you. And as I’ve said innumerable times before, the game allows for both approaches, which is one of the reasons it is as good as it is.

4 Likes

I agreed with you too, just added some to it

3 Likes

So you are saying you want 47 to take his clothes off is that it? :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

He already did :grin::grin::grin:

7 Likes

God bless the nude mod

6 Likes

oh shit i just saw it

2 Likes

I did it. It works. It looks cool.

9 Likes

That’s cool, I need to try that out! Love how the two guards turn around :sweat_smile:

When they turn around again it would have been so funny if 47 was like “You wouldn’t believe what just happened!!!” :rofl:

5 Likes

Just discovered Ambrose Island is not actually available in the locations menu if you’re playing offline. That seems like quite a major fault! It’s upsetting that modes like Arcade are not even available offline too.

Anyway, I’ve finished the map 100% a few days ago. I quite liked it as a nice free addition to HITMAN 3. I would certainly pay for more maps if they were coming! Snow would be lovely!

4 Likes

I really like this level a lot!

I kept wanting to use my “Instinct” vision in the jungle to see the outline of the Predator and to hear his “clicking” growl.

3 Likes

Yes, that is a bug. First seen at release (when the servers were still in maintenance).
I think it’s only on Xbox / Game Pass.
Strangely enough, the corollary of it is that when you are offline, the Ambrose mission appears in the campaign menu. Where it is absent when online.

7 Likes

Nah, it’s the same on PS4/PS5.

4 Likes

Ah, right. Good to know other people know about it - thought I might be the only one having an odd issue! Unfortunately, I got hit with the ‘server configuration’ fail right after I completed one of the new Arcade contracts! Hoping I’ll be able to be online tomorrow at least to try the Procurers Y2.

1 Like

This map not being listed in the game destinations before Sgail (like it should be) does my head in. :yum:

Why doesn’t this CCTV work? I figured for sure it was master only, but nope.

1 Like

Is it just me, or does Noel Crest have an uncommonly high number of ways to be easily killed?

He’s got numerous accident options; two ways to burn in oil; an electrical puddle option if you sabotage the computer setup near the ruins, plus all the puddles that a car battery can be thrown in; a possible means of shooting a lifeboat and make it fall on top of him; loosening the bridge planks; setting up his meeting with Akka where you can blow up the gas canister, kick him off the ledge, or let Akka take care of it for you; shooting them both with the canon in the first part of the meeting; putting emetic poison in the soup bowl and waiting for him to puke off the dock where you can kick him in.

Then there’s a lot of direct murder options; the aforementioned emetic poisoned soup and puking off the dock, where you can also strangle him, cut his throat, shoot him in the head, break his neck, or set off an explosion and send him flying into the ocean; you can just lethally poison the aforementioned bowl, or a glass in the meeting room with Akka, and I think there might be an option near the militia’s field kitchen that I haven’t tested yet; all the options from the dock can also be used during the meeting near the ocean, including sniping them both.

And all those are just the ones that can be done with only a couple knockouts, if any, and can be done without changing disguises.

Akka, on the other hand, is annoying to kill if you’re trying to avoid disguises and limit your KOs. With only two places to hide bodies in her main area, and a lot of guards you need to get out of the way for most options you can pursue, all you can really do secretly, without Crest being involved as well, is poison her whiskey in her office, or free Smith and electrocute her in the cell, and both of those are difficult to time right. You might also be able to kick a bag of concrete mix onto her from the top of the tower, although I haven’t tried it yet, so I don’t know.

5 Likes