AMBROSE ISLAND, Andaman Sea (Mission #7) - Location Discussion

He’s also like “so uh go ahead and electrocute her”
:joy:

4 Likes

I mean agent smith is a badass, it’s just that compared to someone like 47 his skills seem relatively weak. He’s been subjected to both physical and mental torture like 4-5 times by now, surely he’s pretty good if he’s actually lived this long.

1 Like

I love how populated the village is. It feels so alive. There are people doing normal activities like sleeping, watching tv, etc

I wish Chongqing had more of this

9 Likes

Yeah, Chongqing had the biggest disappointment with its crowds.

4 Likes

OutsideXbox released part 1 of their 3 ways to play today.

1 Like
1 Like

Chongqing the dissapointed of the trilogy alot of potential to be top 3

Part 2

4 Likes

Mike’s assertion that Ambrose Island is Fyre Fest: lovely stuff.

2 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: CHONGQING, China (Mission #4) - Location Discussion

Personally, I am amazed at the diversity of Hitman maps and I never really get bored with doing Feature Contracts because ever map has its own feel and unique features.

Chongqing is unusual in having a very restricted outdoor area, where the greatest open areas are on rooftops, and street movement is restricted. The mood of the map on the outside is somber, lonely and isolating.

New York Bank has no out of doors area at all, but because there is no out of doors rather than restricted outdoor area, no one takes issue with the Bank map.

It is the opposite to Santa Fortuna which is where most of the map is out of doors and you spend most of your time traversing between vast territories.

I like every map, including Colorado’s Freedom Fighters. Each map grows on you as you get immersed in it.

Ambrose Island is full of objects to pick up and so many different kill possibilities. Lots of interconnected tunnels and alternative routes. There are no mission stories guiding you to particular kills. It appears that Ambrose Island was created for diversity in future feature contracts.

11 Likes

Guys. A new Monkey Island game dropped today. See ya!

4 Likes

From ambrose island to mélée island

3 Likes

The TV Tropes page for this mission states that Diana was the one who actively took out the contract on Akka to give ICA the excuse they needed to do the mission. Is there any info anywhere in the mission or supplemental materials that indicates this could be the case, or refutes it?

The page says “take out from the ICA”.
The contract on Akka was in the ICA roster, and Diana just picked it out for her and 47 (as a way to hide the true intent of their actions), Which is said in the briefing. I presume the original contract was taken by some int. trade company.

As for the particular sentence, from the historic :

Diana decides to honor takes out a contract within from the ICA

(the 27th of August by our very own @Dribbleondo )

Ah, ok, that clears it up. I actually would have preferred if Diana had been the anonymous client on that contract. Would have been quite devious of her. I prefer devious Diana to crusading vigilante Diana. 47, too, for that matter.

EDIT: Actually, never mind. In hindsight, it makes no sense, as Diana pitched Akka’s death as not only a distraction from ICA oversight, but as a means of covering their expenses for the operation, which would not have happened if Diana herself had put up the contract, so forget what I said.

Then again, she and 47 should both have millions stashed away in private accounts by this point in their careers, and Grey sucked Cross’s accounts dry and I doubt the militia had spent billions yet, so why would they need to have their expenses covered with another ho-hum contract? IOI, you guys gotta come talk to me before you try to justify plot developments.

I think Diana saying that they’d have their expenses covered is more of a joke.

I don’t think so. She doesn’t say it in the way that she normally does as a low-key joke. I mean, maybe she means they can cover the cost of this mission without dipping into anything they’ve committed to Operation Providence Must Die, or whatever, make it fully self-contained, but still, no need to even bring it up.

When I wrote that, I more meant that as “Diana chose the contract”, not “Diana set the contract up and was the client”. I’ll edit the page so it’s more clear, because even i’ll admit I misread that (and I wrote the damn paragraph!)

I wondered if I was the only one from here making edits or not. Cool.

1 Like