Ask HMF anything

Nope, still busy having the constant run laps around some forest in Dartmoor

7 Likes

Nope, still loading into Berlin just to vibe

6 Likes

Nope,still admiring the neon lights in Chongqing.

9 Likes

I don’t know about lackluster, but with H3 you can especially see that it was made with lesser people than H1 and H2. And for what it is, I think it’s impressive and it did deliver on most things.

5 Likes

It’s a “okay” game for me. It is not as good as H1 and H2 for me, but it’s okay.

5 Likes

H1. I was able to enjoy the levels when they first came out.

H2. I don’t enjoy as much largely due to how it launched with the lack of progression transfer. This alone ruined my perception of HITMAN 2 largely cause it was a rush to get back my progress.

H3. I got to enjoy the levels thanks to progression transfer.

If you did not enjoy H2 because you had to grind H1 again then it is on you. H2 had Mumbai, Isle of Sgail, Santa fortuna, Miami. All solid maps.

H3 maps are just a runt.

1 Like

So…people who actually like H3 don’t have a ‘genuine opinion’?

8 Likes

And this is called Hitman Forum…I feel like most of us are of course going to appreciate any Hitman game lol

even Absolution

6 Likes

1 Like

Well why don’t you give us your full opinions on these maps? Tell us what the pros and cons are, and the reason of you preferring older maps, etc. I will listen to them and appreciate some more constructive opinions.

6 Likes

Dubai suffers from verticality and target pathing.
Dartmoor has good atmosphere to nothing to do in it. Its depressing how much potential is left unutilized here.
Berlin is “different” and that is why some people dig it. I am quite ok with that but it has nothing to elevate that feel of “different level”. kill any 5 ot of 10/15? Yes about sending a message…
China disappointed me the most. Also the map is indoor basically. There is no outdoor even technically there is.
Mendoza is pleasant breeze among the others, nothing to complain there apart from fucking tango.
Romania? Well another cheap piece.

2 Likes

everyone on this site has a ‘genuine’ opinion, even if it doesn’t match yours.

now now, let’s not go crazy :smile:

11 Likes

He said it is okay, I said it is lackluster. Completely different opinions.

I don’t see how you think Dartmoor doesn’t take advantage of its atmosphere. The whole dang level is draped in a spooky, drab, antique atmosphere. What with the whole murder-mystery and fake funeral going on, I’d say there’s a lot of personality to it – even if it’s a bit bland to look at.

Your opinions are your own, man, that’s fine. Just don’t dismiss the 7, maybe 8 people above your comment that actually like Hitman 3 with “umm who are all these people lol”.

Uh oh.
Run. Run while you still can.

7 Likes

that’s right, and both are ‘genuine’. :man_shrugging:t4:

do we maybe mean two different things when we say ‘genuine’?

1 Like

Thank you. These are better opinions that I can accept and respect, despite I don’t agree with most of them.

I believe there’s more to every map in H3. While the story didn’t allow most of them to be arriving at the location and eliminating wealthy targets like traditional maps, I think the game does offer some spectacular moments like wiping out ICA data and dealing with the Constant.

Everyone has their opinions, I respect yours and still think H3 is a an excellent gameplay experience.

1 Like

Actually it does hinder the experience. I’m equally as passionate for this series and it’s developers, but one of HITMAN 2’s short comings at launch was the lack of meaningful progression between seasons.

While many jumped straight into HITMAN 2 and got to enjoy the maps. The people that wanted to feel they had a sense of progress that gained all their progress back unfortunately either suffered a sense of burnout or still had the mindset of grinding the levels and not actually enjoying their first experience.

The DLC season I was able to enjoy because I wasn’t under that mindset.

If you wanna continue downplaying others opinions cause they don’t line up with yours you should reconsider this stance. We all have valid opinions and belief about the series we love and no one has the right opinion. If you disagree with this I kindly ask you read the forums Civilized Conversation thread because this forum is meant to make people feel welcome and express their opinions as long as they don’t go against ToS and the Rules.

9 Likes

That “someone” happens to be the owner of this forum. Be careful not to insult him or the rules he laid out.

10 Likes

Is this not a fan forum?