Ask HMF anything

Huh, when did that get delisted? (and why?)

1 Like

I dont know, i own the HD Trilogy on Disc for the Xbox 360, I’m not sure if it ever was available via PSN

1 Like

It was, I own it digitally.

Actually, it’s probably still up, (I don’t see why Squenix or IOI would want to not renew the license)
I was just trying to find it on the PS Store, but I forgot they removed the ability to see PS3/Vita games on the browser… :cry:
If I were to boot up my PS3 and check the store there, I’d probably find it still able to purchase…

3 Likes

Yeah, it is indeed unfortunate. I recall there was a discussion thread called “Improving The Ark Society” by @Kent on the old forum. They pointed out there aren’t many kill setup variations like you can have in missions like The Finish Line, such as poisoning the IV and having the doctor kill Sierra Knox. Maybe Kent can give you more insights on the question you asked. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

This is a no. She’ll just stand nearby and wait for the ceremony to start. It does open up possibilities for a few good kills, like luring her onto the grate with the flammable stuff and then igniting it by shooting at it.
I also believe she’s lined up for a cannon kill there.

9 Likes

Hmm okay… Thanks, but its still disappointing. I also hate how you can’t fix the Souvenir and get the Hippie to deliver it to Jorge in Three Headed Serpent :unamused:

5 Likes

All missions in the HITMAN series suffer from this to some degree.
There are obvious alternate ways of taking advantage of certain opportunities, but the game doesn’t even acknowledge them or make it clear why it wouldn’t work.

Preferably the answer to the question “I wonder if I could do X instead?” should be a resounding “Yes!”, but when it is a “No” it should be clear why from cues (like dialog) within the game.

5 Likes

Anyone had this before launching Hitman 3?

I did… Like maybe a month ago. It was shortly after or around the time there was a game update. It also seems like I had a flood of achievement notifications after this happened (stuff I already had).

3 Likes

Due to me launching HITMAN 3 from Steam, I get this thing almost always.
And I just hit Upload to Cloud and proceed

4 Likes

i thought people were joking. is the snail mine actually a small man with a shell on his back? my wifi sucks rn and every pic i look up of it is too blurry too tell. if it’s not a snail, i…don’t understand the reasoning

edit: never mind, restarted the router and got a pic to load. :man_facepalming:it indeed looks to be a small guy. but still, is there a real reason for that? maybe symbolically or something? lol

1 Like

If that’s so, I won’t be surprised if that guy turns to be Agent 47 sitting in a snail shell, just like at the start of Escalation

2 Likes

Why the fuck 47 always goes into crouch mode after vaulting over something? This bugs me more than it should.
Why are they dumbing this game down so much? The Shoulder Swap, the crouching, the goddamn not able to get frisked when carrying an illegal item.
Remove frisking points from the Game, they are useless! Paris, Showstopper: get the invitation, go upstairs, cant get frisked by those guys as long as you have a gun or whatever on you, so just climb out of the window in their plain view and its fine, they wont stop you.

I’m not against having an easy mode for new players, every videogame could be someone’s first videogame, so its important to have a good tutorial, accessibility features and an easy mode but please stop treating all your players like they are idiots.

Does anyone else feels like this?

13 Likes

100% agree with all your points.
the insta-crouching is annoying. it doesn’t seem to occur in H1 and H2 levels though (in my experience at least). not sure what that’s about. if they’re gonna implement something, why not make it consistent

4 Likes

Pretty soon we won’t be able to pick a lock or poison a drink without a waiter costume if anyone would see us doing it.

8 Likes

I don’t know if this is in some way related to the auto-crouching within the game-code, but there was a Santa Fortuna contract where I had to dump bodies into the water within the coke fields. Right after I’d dump the bodies 47 would stand up, and that would raise the yellow suspicion meter, so I’m spamming crouch so I won’t get compromised.

I’m pretty sure this didn’t happen in H2.

ETA: The camera shoulder switch, the auto crouching… It was never broken and never needed fixing. I do miss the opportunity to get frisked while carrying weapons. Sure it’ll probably wreck your chances for SA, but maybe I want to dick around too. Who knows, maybe the guard is a target. :smirk:

4 Likes

Completely agree. The crouching wasn’t there in H1 and H2. It’s so annoying. 47 should just remain in the position he’s in. If I start vaulting in a crouching position, he should be crouching afterwards. If I start vaulting in a standing position, he should remain standing. It’s as simple as that.
Same for frisking. It’s plain annoying. At least give us the option to get frisked with illegal items on 47. I wouldn’t mind if there’s a warning. But I want the possibility.

7 Likes

Didn’t even notice the crouch-after-vault thing tbh, but I wholeheartedly agree on the frisking. We should be allowed to get frisked with illegal items (warning present only on easy difficulty), and with the knock out option being re-introduced, as now it would make sense to have it in case you mess up and are carrying IEs. Otherwise the frisks are there just for show.

2 Likes

Someone posted a link to pre order a 47 Action Figure a while back but i cant find it anymore, help would be appreciated :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

In Blood Money, after killing a target and completing the mission, they disappear from the main menu screen.
I have two questions about this:

1. Why are not all the targets there? If it happens to be related to the franchise, then don’t worry about not spoiling me if you answer. I know enough about the plot (but not game or cutscenes) to understand what’s going on.
  2. In Flatline, you can complete the mission with only one of the three targets dying. If you only kill one in the first playthrough, will only that one be missing from the church?
1 Like