BERLIN, Germany (Mission #3) - Location Discussion

I loved the Meat King party, heaven and Hell (hell looks like a always there club with the shark tank and walls and so on, while heaven looks like a normal room fastly decorated to fit the theme). Vixen is indeed a Lil less but still loved the silent music you heard ik the Halls and then Bam, when you open the doors. The vip part in Miami even had great vibes and track. The mizuki in kane and lynch I tought was awesome. Great tracks again, both Floors, and then the going trough it empty again was a whole new feel. My hopes for a “rave” in abandon building int the woods are through the roof… All lvls look awesome but atm berlin is on top. And then we still have 2 maps we know nothing off… Man what a times…

1 Like

It would be interesting to see if IO can replicate this within the map

2 Likes

I think people needs to remember that size isn’t (and shouldn’t be) a huge factor in terms of a great Hitman level.

IO should remember that their great crowd feature is marvelous. But as anything else in life this shouldn’t be reused all the times.

Hitman: Silent Assassin did perfect (within the technical limitations) in regards to variation of level design – being both small and huge (again, “huge” of that time) and other factors such as atmosphere, countries, cultures etc.

If Berlin is indeed “small” then I highly welcome it.

I rather have 2 “small” levels than 6 huge levels only. Sometimes the small levels are just more fun for a change.

8 Likes

Possibly. Lead audio programmer Stepan Boev already showcased the possibilities of reverb in HITMAN 2.

He also wrote a whole paper on that topic, which focuses more on the technical steps of implementing said technology but is all in all an interesting read.

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/hitman-2-enhancing-reverb-on-modern-cpus.html

7 Likes

They were talking about a big woods area in this map. If the trailers are an indication I think Diana will double cross 47 and the Constant will send assassins to hunt him in these woods. Diana will falsely allocate Hall as a target to eliminate along with some of her associates and the nightclub owner.
I am hoping for being forced into a collateral movie style shoot-out in this map though it might annoy the “all coin silent assassin” group here

1 Like

i’d rather have something like 8 to 10 levels where 4 are huge and the rest are medium to small

but when it’s only 6 regardless of size then they better be big enough

1 Like

In my opinion Hawke’s Bay, New York and Haven were mediocre compared to bigger maps like Miami and Mumbai. I don’t get this opinion, as I feel those ones have weaker target routes.

1 Like

The Lord said the Number of Missions in a Hitman Game on launch should be 12, no more, no less. 12 is a good number.

Have 4 or 5 big levels, like Sapienza and have the rest some smaller ones, like Slaying a Dragon, as “built up” Level, to showcase the Power and influence of the Big Level Targets… just like they did with Hong, Ochoa, Jegorov, Hayamoto Sr. and so on.

5 Likes

And thirteen is right out.

1 Like

*12 Main Missions

You never see Monty Python and the Holy Grail? It is a quote from the Holy Hand grenade scene. Your speech reminded me of it.

1 Like

Well let’s be honest you’ll be waiting six years again for a new game.

1 Like

And his word shall be heard (well, sorta), once the WOA trilogy finally gets repackaged as the one game it is :joy:

I don´t mind smaller levels, but I prefer each Hitman level to be a contract/have a target to kill, so I´m comfortable with how it is now. The Hong Kong quartet however was done extremely well in this regard. And btw, technically we´ve gotten 4 build-up levels to get to the Partners, so… :joy:

7 Likes

This looks great

24 Likes

this is awesome

20 Likes

I wonder who’s on the decks

2 Likes

I bet some killer dj

2 Likes

I wonder if the DJ will be a target?

1 Like

More curious about what´s playing :sweat_smile:

Also, is it just me or is the DJ wearing a cowboy hat? (him and a lot of other people)

3 Likes

Most likely a new song from Neoneon, who produced the song playing in the drivers lounge in Miami. He said a while ago that he was producing another song for Hitman 3.

I reckon it’s a Daft Punk/ Deadmau5 style helmet.

2 Likes