Community Trials 2.0 (€40 in prizes)

I’m curious as to how you managed to shave 15 seconds, because 2:30 is exactly what I’m stuck at right now haha

1 Like

I guess I can help out with the first target, this should save you ~4-5 seconds if you’re killing him the same way Chicken did Imgur: The magic of the Internet

All you have to do is make sure the guard and girl in the room to the right doesn’t hear it.

5 Likes

Nah, I throw fish at mr guard man and headshot the target immediately, nobody seems to hear. Faster than Chicken’s kill (not sure what you posted, sorry Imgur isn’t loading). I’m sure the place I’m losing the most time is with the chef because I have to wait for him to get inside and I have to make sure that annoying guard doesn’t find him through the sliver of glass.

2 Likes

Ah. I thought you were talking about wanting to save time on the first target, so I thought you did the same as Chicken on him.

Well, about the chef, all I can say is don’t overcomplicate it. Don’t take time to lure multiple NPCs. You lose lots of time by luring and hiding the server and then luring the chef.
Figure out a way to save as much time as you can, because there are a couple ways to make it fast and simple.

2 Likes

Yeah, my first run with the first target involved distractions and dragging and whatnot, super super slow. Eventually I realized nobody came in the hallway, and nobody would hear if I did it quick enough. As for chef man, I literally can’t think of any other way to get him because he needs to be the guy I throw the bottle at. Maybe I can kind of hide him behind the kitchen counters?

2 Likes

Go for it :+1:
Once you feel like you can’t shave off more time on the chef, look over what you’re doing in the entire run, and see what you can change to make it faster.

3 Likes

Not necessarily, one of my runs involves taking out the helicopter guard last and bonking him with whiskey

Whether that’s optimal or not tho. I don’t know :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I had thought of doing something like this earlier but I realized it’s much faster to shoot helicopter man while getting the heli key lol

So this leaves chef as the only target I can bonk (even if I bonked the guard it would be super RNG whether he falls or not)

2 Likes

It depends, you have to return to the helipad anyway to exit. I might upload my run using that strat later

Anyways I wish you the best of luck in your run :muscle:

2 Likes

Thanks! After seeing the competition I don’t think I have a chance but I’ll try to optimize my route and at least break 2:30 haha

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/5xvAnS5TANA here’s my run, not the fastest, but i enjoyed it nonetheless :smiley:

5 Likes

wasn’t originally going to post my strat so early but seeing as everyone else has done it, here’s my best run so far: https://youtu.be/RPJv25tw7I4 (this is not my final submission!)

3 Likes

No worries, my run was already pretty similar to Glogolz. (Probably because there’s so few routes to get to the penthouse and take out each target efficiently)

3 Likes

This seems really fun, I’ll recreate this tomorrow for xbox and try it out

5 Likes

I am having a lot of fun experimenting the Corporate Climbing contract!!Nice complications @Khakiasp especially the “stairs” only !!

I have managed 2:22 after several attempts but I might give it some more time before submitting.I have one question though:

Can we pacify a target with “throwing bottle” and instantly eliminate him before the animation makes him touch the ground?

4 Likes

as long as the bottle hits the target and it breaks you can do whatever you want with him

4 Likes

Also additionally, yer allowed to muffin boost, or breakable object boost down a level or two. As yer technically not climbing. But instead gracefully floating down a level or two. I don’t expect people to actually do this but eh who knows what speedrunners come up with

2 Likes

wait, so we do not actually have to “pacify one of the targets by throwing the whiskey bottle at them” like the thumbnail says? e.g. i can ko one and then throw the bottle at them afterwards, and that will count?

3 Likes

Oops, forgot to post the id

3-27-1402000-76

4 Likes

that will not count no

2 Likes