Elusive Target #14: THE BOOKKEEPER (15 - 25 October 2021)

A tale is told where there are two opposing forces to this feat
This ET was plodding, while my run is complete
A well placed micro taser made this ET done and dusted
So unlike my run, The Bookkeeper is busted

10 Likes

tried this et out on stadia, like i do with every et. usually i dont post about it but this time i felt like posting since i got number 1 in the world on stadia

14 Likes

Hi! I’m new at the Hitman franchise, so H3 is my first.
Can someone who knows this game in an out tell me if you get any kind of special item for completing absolutely all ETs on Silent Assassin rating? I ask because I managed to have Silent Assassin on all of the previous ones, including this Bookkeeper… except for The Ascencionist/Allison Moretta, for wich I got a Shadow ICA Assassin rating due to her body being found just as soon as I was pressing the button to exit the map. The fear of missing out is really setting in, lol.

4 Likes

The only rewards for completing Elusive Targets with a Silent Assassin rating are the Terminus Suit, which you get after your first SA and the Winter Suit, which is awarded for completing 5 ETs with the Silent Assassin rating.

After that, all you get is the EXP for completing the challenge.

4 Likes

I remember doing it during the reactivation of ET in Hitman 1. This mission was very hard, especially SA. I used the explosion of a car to get rid of him SA. I also recalled the location of the safe.

Now on H3, I wanted to find a safe route (as explosion can kill non-target NPC). I tried the emetic gas but the target is going to public space and his bodyguards are following him. So, I needed to find something else.
After following him (I discovered that he has a random path), I got him by attracting him close to a leaked oil barrel and microtaser finished the job. Destroyed the camera recorders and brought with me a lockpick to enter Rose’s room and open the safe. Done.

To be honest, I found this ET very tough. Because of his four bodyguards (with one “superenforcer”) that follow him everywhere… even when the ET wants to puke :neutral_face:

5 Likes

Thanks for the confidence.

There’s only one more thing I need to know: can his entourage be distracted by discarded weapons, or do they call other NPCs over to remove them? I’ve decided that he’s going in the slurry pit, but whether he’s pushed in, or is already dead and tossed in, depends on this answer.

3 Likes

They have a VIP Bodyguard AI archetype, so they call it in for someone else.

1 Like

I am so sorry that this ruined your streak. Hopefully you will find the motivation to complete this on an alt account.

2 Likes

Motherfucker. So unless I use one emetic method on him to make him go to the slurry pit, and then use the remote device on the entourage to make them all leave at once, I’m gonna have to subdue all of them and then make him go to the slurry pit and kill him with the syringe. I can’t make it look like an accident and subdue them with melee methods, so it’s either mass emetic gassing or full blown assassin-was-here playthrough.

3 Likes

Well, after two practice runs I tried it this morning and failed. I actually got the ledger and killed the guy, but then on the way out I got into a firefight because one of the bodyguards found me and that was it. First Elusive Target I ever failed and probably my only chance to get that hat…darn it!

6 Likes

Yeah, just flex all over my 35 painstaking minutes, whydontchya?! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

I managed to complete this ET on another account, despite the sever mishap I had.

I did it in 2:58, which I am quite pleased about as I don’t have a lot of items on my other account and I started at the default location.

7 Likes

welcome to hitman my friend

2 Likes

Cheesed this one with Emetic Devices to where the target was alone, being sick behind the demolitions area/ So lethal injection and then haybaled. The grabbed the elite disguise and crowbar, stole the ledger and left.

Now to fudge the PS5 account, will be puddle and Micro-Taser.

7 Likes

This one seems tough to do blind, no restarts, on a hostile map. I followed him around for half-an-hour, but the first time I tried to actually do something (namely, lure one of his guards away and knock him out), I got spotted instantly and had a dozen people about to go full aggro on me with nowhere to hide. I would have been willing to take the loss of silent assassin, and I probably would have been willing to eat an outright failure, but I have no idea when (or if) there’ll be another chance to unlock the Tactical Gear, so I gave in, restarted and figured out how to get him with the fiber wire.

13 Likes

From an original idea of @Heisenberg and with informations gathered by @Khakiasp and myself, I am happy to give you all footage of a clean push and drowning of The Bookkeeper in the slurry pit.

Enjoy (he didn’t)

(Thank you to Heisenberg for giving me the go ahead on posting the capture, the idea is still all his)

11 Likes

Yeah I just electrocuted him as well, I tried several times something fancier but couldn’t bother because every time I had taken out two of his bodyguards, he would just go stand around somewhere and never move. I had to make him and his guards go to the basement several times so I could take them out one by one but I always messed up somehow. One time the place where he was standing was next to the junkyard so I was able to take care of the guards more easily, but still at one moment my SA indicator turned red for no apparent reason. Maybe a guard spotted a body in the bushes after I had already grabbed him from behind. What bullshit.
I can’t like this ET even though I’d want to. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Haven’t played him yet, and frankly I’m a bit anxious about doing it. But I have noticed an interesting detail:
In Season 1, and in briefing, he has normal glasses,

but in now he has sunglasses.
obrazek
It’s probably just a bug, but IRL, you can have both sunglasses and optic glasses.

5 Likes

excellent, clean kill. superbly done!

1 Like

Yes, clean. Completely, absolutely. Always Silent Assassin sir.

Please ignore how strangely empty the area, the barn and the garage are and the lack of bodyguards. Seriously, pushing someone from here can be seen by a dozen NPCs, from the inside of the barn to the roofs, passing by the perimeter.

1 Like