Elusive Target #14: THE BOOKKEEPER (15 - 25 October 2021)

Playing this ET after The Ascenionist is like having filet mignon for dinner followed by wet sock juice for dessert.

It’s the perfect representation of how IOI has evolved from 2016 to H3.

Four fudging Nazi sympathizing bodyguards and what amounts to insta-panic from the target any time someone’s shoelaces come untied.

(Been playing Colorado this week on my alt account and the speed at which things go to shit on this map would be hilarious if it weren’t so frustrating. Kudos to anyone who pulls off a Kill Everyone without becoming the Wicker Man.)

Anyway. It’s placed coin + micro taser in puddle for me. Remember not to get spotted in the house by the enforcers or the entire map will be gunning for you!

Hey, I dig the hat. Happy to have that suit. But this ET, design-wise, is as half baked as Dave Chappelle back when he was still writing jokes.

6 Likes

It was superhard, my friends, NGL. :cowboy_hat_face: My revenge of 2017.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rudB9mt5Nc
My nerves need to rest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMbhOl2A7FM

7 Likes

Will try later on. Hope to finally enjoy this ET unlike in the OG release of H2016 that had plenty of bugs and had to restart a lot because my Mixtape 47 kept getting stuck and unpickable.

2 Likes

You’re a master at the game and you thought you could throw it at that range?

Ugh.

I bet mid-throw you were like

2 Likes

All right… I have 0 recollection, of hat I did in the first game, so I tried multiple possibilities, until I came up with a -tought to be- solid one.

All I was needed Lil’ flashy, a lethal syringe and a fall to use as cover, so 47 won’t get blinded too… and ofc move fast, since everyone and their momma going to get alerted.
I have restarted several times (15 times. 15 fricking times), 'till it didn’t worked. I never got away unseen.
Got frustrated and shot him in the head, when he got bugged because of the overflowing water.
(There goes my SA rating, btw)

Now, onto the ledger. That’s the only thing I remember were is it, but I had (still do) no idea, where its combination is. Originally I used a lockpick, but this time I totally forgot it.
Now, I figured, it can be opened via explosion, but I had none. Fortunately Sean has a vial of nitroglycerin next to his laptop, so I used it , and it didn’t worked.
The only problem is, I tought, I was covered by the wall (since I was tresspasing) but nope. One of the soldiers spotted me and got me compromised. I did slipped into the armoir (forgot what it’s called in english right now) and got away.

Left with the boat, got one star, so right now out of 14 targets, that’s the first almost failed… not fun. :smiley:

10 Likes

I’m so nervous to go in!

4 Likes

Back to business as usual :slightly_smiling_face: No risky method this time! A very limited target who is constantly followed by his four bodyguards.

I had to use the Sieker 1 & 1 Emetic Grenade for this method with a Fibre Wire Kill. I made it as stealthy as I possibly could for this approach:

Suit Only
Silent Assassin
No HUD
No Subdue
No KO
No Coins
No Distractions
2 Rounds With The Sieker 1 Used
Guru Emetic Grenade
Fibre Wire Kill
Body Hidden
Ledger Retrieved
5 Stars

9 Likes

I did it! Suit only, silent assassin, no loadout. Took me endless restarts, over 1 hour in my final run, countless KOs (used the gun crate trick a lot). It was satisfying

7 Likes

I knocked one of his guards (when he was far enough) and he started running and I got gunned down!

0/2, curse you bookkeeper and 4 guards

8 Likes

Yeah, I’m gonna need to give up on the idea of putting him in the slurry pit, it’s just not going to work with the time I have available and trying to keep it SA. Whether I use accident means or kill him directly and hide the body, the way this ET is set up, unlike when I thought there was no hope with the Ascensionist, it’s just not going to be able to work in time. With the entourage being how they are, limited loadout, and no banana peels or takes or anything that can knock people out without you being in their line of sight, and so many eyes watching the pit anyway, it’s a write off at this point. So, back to the original plan of trying to isolate him and then stick him with the needle.

1 Like
16 Likes

Only indirectly related to the ET, but I finally found out who the unlocked Tactical Gear with Hunter’s Hat reminded me of : GNU Terry Pratchett in his usual leather jacket and iconic hat.

And to give a fitting quote from Discworlds :

We do not murder. We do not execute. We do not massacre. We never, you may be very certain, we never torture. We have no truck with crimes of passion or hatred or pointless gain. We do not do it for a delight in inhumation, or to feed some secret inner need, or for petty advantage or for some cause or belief; I tell you, gentlemen, that all these reasons are in the highest degree suspect. Look into the face of a man who will kill you for a belief and your nostrils will snuff up the scent of abomination. Hear a speech declaring a holy war and, I assure you, your ears should catch the click of evil’s scales and the dragging of its monstrous tail over the purity of the language.
No, we do it for the money. And, because we above all must know the value of a human life, we do it for a great deal of money. There can be few cleaner motives, so shorn of all pretence. Nil mortifi, sine lucre. Remember. No killing without payment.
And always give a receipt.

— Dr. Cruces of the Ankh-Morpork Assassins’ Guild, Pyramids

4 Likes

Just to make sure: you unlock the suit as long as you complete the mission, right? No SA required?

1 Like

Yep, that’s true. SA is only required to unlock the 5 star challenges for each ET, as well as the one SA and 5 SA rating challenge for the Terminus Suit and the Winter Suit unlock, respectively.

7 Likes

Well then micro remote explosion, here I come!! Won’t cry a tear for any mercenaries caught in the blast.

8 Likes

Not true. He does puke in the slurry pit.

1 Like

I tested that out and I emetic poisoned his entourage to get them out of the way and then him later and he still went to the slurry pit.

1 Like

Yes, but did you have to subdue his entourage after you poisoned them, or were you able to get him to the pit afterward while they were all still active and away? If so, how, and at what point along the target’s path, did you poison them and then him? Also, when he goes to the pit, @LandirtHome reports that pushing him in can be seen by the NPCs in the barn; we’re you able to avoid that?

1 Like

First I did emetic poison his entourage. Did not subdued anyone. Waited for the target to enter the barn, then emetic poisoned him. He went straight to the slurry pit. I did not push him however because I was just testing if he would go there.

1 Like

Ok so, 1 sieker and 1 emetic grenade. Took his entourage with emetic devices, used propane flask and micro teaser on the target. Clean kill. Took the ledger from the safe and exit. Nice one.

3 Likes