Everything Star Wars v2

Two thoughts on that.

1. Maybe she didnā€™t know that Obi-wan and Ben were the same person so asking ā€œObi-Wanā€ to help her didnā€™t translate to ā€œBenā€

2. I think the plot point of him really stressing about whether he could go after he resolved that point. He knew that he couldnā€™t leave Luke and agonized about it.

1 Like

In the end he needs to deal with the Inquisitors. Staying one place will attract them, Reva had a feeling he was there. She doesnā€™t know what or who heā€™s protecting. By staying there heā€™s actually endangering Luke, Owen and Beru more. She believes heā€™s hiding, he needs to draw her away from Luke. This might not be his first thought, but one can understand why he seeks to protect both of Anakinā€™s children and not just leave Leia to her fate.

In the first episode the Grand Inquisitor berates Reva for having this obsession about Obi-Wan. He believes him to be dead and itā€™s only the obsession of the 3rd Sister that keeps the search for him alive. Remember they were not on Tatooine to find Obi-Wan at all. They didnā€™t even suspect he was there - just Reva did. If sheā€™s out of the way, that could be all thatā€™s needed to re-hide him.

1 Like
2 Likes

First game is awesome. Completed it 5 times, not something most games today can make me do.

Ah I know you guys are probably talking about Obi-Wan but I saw some pictures of McDiarmid and Christensen together at that anniversary convention they held.

6 Likes

There was some interview he gave a little while ago where they asked if he was going to be in any of the new shows (both Obi-Wan and Andor take place while the Emperor is actively ruling the galaxy). He gave a usual cagey answer like ā€œwatch and find out!ā€

3 Likes

Very very promising! :clap: :clap:
But I have one question : how does Darth Vador not know the whereabouts of Luke on Tatooine ? I mean, itā€™s the same house where he (Anakin) was in Attack of the Clones, right ? does he not make the connection or does he not care about his children in the galaxy ?

I donā€™t know if itā€™s the same house. I think not actually but he does not know Padame gave birth.

Unless this show says otherwise, he thought Padme died before giving birth. He doesnā€™t know heā€™s a father.

1 Like

That, and I always assumed that it was like the one place Yoda knew heā€™d never want to go. His mom (basically) died there, he had nothing to do with Owen and Beru really, and seemed to resent Lars so he may have simply sworn off ever going back. If you add in the idea that he didnā€™t have any reason to think he even had a surviving child, why would he even look there?

1 Like

Plot hole.
In The Empire Strikes Back, he seems well aware that heā€™s the father of Luke.

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-palpatine-vader-luke-skywalker-son-when/

I havenā€™t read it, but he didnā€™t learn that Luke was his son (or that he had a son) until between New Hope and Empire.

2 Likes

Three years have passed between films and word has spread about Lukeā€™s name. Plus, the Emperor lied to Vader about how (and when) Padme died, so he knew the truth, and he revealed Lukeā€™s identity to Vader, if Vader hadnā€™t figured it out himself by then.

1 Like

Also he doesnā€™t like sand.

1 Like

Fuck, I should have thought of that response.

1 Like

Thatā€™s something Iā€™m looking forward to!

1 Like

At Star Wars celebration McGregor said he hoped everyone enjoyed episodes 1+2 of Kenobi and that he hopes they like 3, 4, 5, 6, and then he paused and continued counting 7, 8, 9, and 10.

I hope he was being serious. Itā€™s a one and done series so a few extra episodes would be excellent.

People want this limited series to be a whole series. After just watching Part 3 Iā€™m more than okay with it. Vader is Scary.

1 Like

Of course we all want more StarWars. They have to be careful though. They dumped the EU from cannon bc it was 10,000% complicated and they wanted a clean slate to build their own story (read that as make as much money as possible telling the story), but I hope they donā€™t overclutter the new cannon. Andor will be an interquel, Kenobi is an interquel, mando and boba are interquels too. Like that one character who popped up in episode 2 of obiwanā€¦ She has to be like under 16-20 in order for the timeline to work.

Anyway I just wouldnā€™t be upset if after all this they went into the future where there is no risk of tripping over yourself story line wise.

Off to watch episode 3 now. Iā€™m hoping in obiwan or in Andor we get more Tarkin. Love that dude.

1 Like