Featured Contracts

Already found a bug in one of the new feature contracts - Happy Hour Murder Wine. Condition is fall accident and all targets are near the grape crusher, so it’s obvious what to do. Now the problem is that knocking them out and dumping them inside the grape crusher is NOT counting as a fall accident. Normally dumping unconscious targets always counts as one.

1 Like

Yep. Not even sure how you’d lure the guy up the stairs and around the corner to that crusher without using cheesy speedrunner tricks. Maybe there’s another fall near him but still… dropping a body off a thing has always counted as an accident before.

Funnily enough, the workers in that room are basically blind while working, so I was able to drag someone up the stairs by the crusher in front of four people. And for the guy that you are talking about, there is indeed a more convenient spot :wink:

All in all, no speedrun strats needed here! (I wish I could say the same for the next one…)

I was able to SA easily later actually. Coin is your best friend on this contract. Lure them up to the crusher and then place the coin on the railing of the crusher and then push.

Also, they actually made a contract (Eyesbreaker) which requires the tranquilizer glitch to get SA. First the “Media Blackout” BS and now this. Surely they are taking the piss right now.

Wonderful. Glad I’m still taking a break from the game but I’ll probably attempt it. Most of the new FCs are pure trash.

1 Like

Just to be clear, you can get SA normally too, but it’ll surely take a lot of time to isolate the targets to get a sniper kill. For me, it’s the worst contract out of the bunch for sure.

1 Like

Oh I’m absolutely sure it can be done, I didn’t mean to say otherwise. Just that it should be done by throwing them in, it’s weird that doesn’t count.

@ColdDayInHell
Since you’re a very passionated FC contracts player i would appreciate your feedback for my curator batch (the last one from H2, starting with “batch of chaos” ending with “pulling weeds”.

I ask because i have to say non of the featured contracts in H3 are my beer. I loved the featured contracts from Hitman 2016 which were mostly Any/Any with no complications at all. Which FC contracts in general were your top 5 and what made it intersting in your opinion?

6 Likes

@CHAOS_AGENT_45 I will be playing your curated batch within the next week. I have just completed the May 2020 FC and now have to start Urben’s curated batch. Not sure if I’m going to do the current FCs released today first.

From what I recall, yours, Urben, and Kevin Rudd’s curation I liked best. And after completing Rudd’s a couple of days ago, it still was enjoyable. My memory may be tainted as I was riding a high after being selected in May and June for the FCs. I’ll see if my second play through on Urben and your batch hold up.

3 Likes

Yep, the new ones are beyond horrible IMHO.

Yours were always top notch. Better than KevinRudd’s because of one I dislike - “Water Way to Go.”

too much RNG for that type of contract. I did it on Hitman3 in 2 minutes after maybe 20 tries.

Yours:
Feature Dream

Batch of Chaos

Boat Exit? Why not Ambulance?

Pulling Weeds

The rest were damn good too.

I LOVE Feature Dream though.

3 Likes

What’s the tranquilizer glitch?

It’s this stupid exploitive glitch where it allows you to retain your SA rating after killing someone you just put to sleep. You need to do it right as they’re falling.

I just finished Eyesbreaker and I told myself I wouldn’t even put Hitman on. I was bitching about how stupid of a contract it was.

The lady “it’s just a video game, relax “

Yes. And it’s a pile of shit loaded into a contract. :rofl:

#1 on Xbox too, oh the irony. What a horrible contract.

2 Likes

Thanks fior the explanation, Cold. Not a fan of these curated contracts so far…

1 Like

They’re not what they used to be. And I hate to sound like a cranky asshole but it’s true.

2 Likes

I see it becomes a trend when at least one new featured contract turns out horrible.
I wonder why’s that so

There have been FCs contracts in the past that have been difficult and stir up conversation, but SA was always achievable through patience, effort, and sharing strategies. Yes, there have been some sour grapes (why shouldn’t one feel a sense of pride in their submission), but ultimately the FCs were selected by Clemens.

The issue with the Sponsored Contracts is that it strongly appears that 5, and 5 contracts alone were submitted by each group, with no curation by Clemens. I am going off of the fact the Minmax submissions were sequentially numbered.

Majority of the Sponsored Contracts were crude. Minmax were the only ones I enjoyed as it seemed there was some thought put into them with the story and variety (even though they weren’t overly difficult). KindaFunny contracts were a mixed bag. EasyAllies were junk, only Brand Manager was decent and Media Blackout could have been good if not for awful conditions (I recreated it with better condition that greatly improves it). And Eurogamer contracts are meh.

There is an art to creating contracts. There are a lot of great creators on the HMF, and I continued to observe and note what they did to have a good flow in their contracts. I noticed a huge improvement in my submissions from when I started submitting until the end of H2. Unfortunately, the Sponsored Contracts creators don’t have the experience with the creation tool or time in the game to fully grasp the nuance of the game or understand the obsession of the SA rating in the community.

8 Likes

I see a tendency when the further the worse

Oh, I absolutely agree. I was thinking that there is one more batch of Sponsored Contracts on Berlin (deferred due to the rest of the month’s content focused on that map), but with the upcoming Seven Deadly Sins season, I’m not too sure now and hope we will return to HMF submissions.

1 Like

Seems they will continue this batches at least up to all locations is ended.
But something tells me, their course for H3 - not community featured contracts, but as you say “sponsored contracts” from gaming industry press partners

That’s one of my favorite feautured contracts. With the any method kills and targets far away from each other, you basically just know there are some great sniper kills hidden in there.

5 Likes