February Roadmap - Initiation Protocol (2021)

I suppose you could have fun with it, without the risk, unless if you fail you lose the Suit :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

There also might be completely new ET Suit rewards in the future so you should still do them regardless :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought of this too, but: They removed all seasonal content, and any possibilty to unlock the ET suits through normal play. I am very, very sure, they will just give us the ET suits from Hitman 2, that already where only 2 new suits and 4 recylced from Hitman 1.

1 Like

Keep in mind this was the same way for HITMAN 2 upon release, it should be nothing surprising.

Seasonal Content will be reintroduced when appropriate. With that being said I’m surprised they didn’t incorporate the Snow Festival during this months content update given the Sapporo Snow Festival is a February event.

Holiday Hoarders I fully expect to be recycled either in July as a Christmas in July type of thing or in December, but the general sentiment among the Community is we want something new for Seasonal Content.

I was hoping they would retroactively fit the Location Suits into the Mastery Track for HITMAN and HITMAN 2 levels but that’s is not the case and is a step in the wrong direction for future proofing the game. HITMAN 3 Mastery fortunately doesn’t have this issue.

12 Likes

About brand new seasonal content, I suggest Berlin will make an awesome setting for Halloween and anything related to horror. I mean, 47 already looks similar to Slenderman anyway, so an escalation or a especial mission where you hunt ghosts around the club or something.

2 Likes

dartmoor cries quietly in the corner

10 Likes

Dartmoor is more mysterious than creepy. Don’t tell me the introduction to Berlin with the Bus Stop starting point didn’t make the place feel like if you were about to be jumpscared.

Also, wouldn’t it be awesome we get to hunt ghosts all around the level using the camera!? A la Fatal Frame.

7 Likes

dartmoor is perfect for a haunted house/47-as-slasher set-up (or, indeed, hunting ghosts). they tend to spruce up levels for seasonal content; that hawke’s bay escalation, for example.

berlin’s creepy opening - and it is just the opening that’s creepy - is less to do with anything inherent to the location and more to do with the av effects and music deployed, which i assume could be transferred to dartmoor.

can you imagine walking up that path at night with that all going on…?

3 Likes

While it has potential for creepy setting, it’s typical and expected for the Manor place to be used for that, so I would appreciate a change with using Berlin instead.

1 Like

Berlin is a more atmosphere heavy level similar to Chongqing the issue with making Berlin into a Halloween level which will be very asset focused.

I don’t particularly agree with this, but that’s because ghost hunting is a very outlandish off a HITMAN level. HITMAN is a puzzle game about killing people not Ghostbusters. Ghost Hunting in HITMAN Conceptually doesn’t work with HITMANs formula, but I would not mind having a Ghost in Mirror Easter Egg as a reference to contracts.

I’d say if Berlin was ever to become a Halloween level I’d probably say make it into a Halloween themed rave. The only issue is IO making assets and having costumed individuals look unique. It would also be a good way to have someone like Jason Portman reappear.

1 Like

sure. i think it’s too perfect a fit to ignore. nightclub just doesn’t have all those juicy horror connotations to play with.

Whittleton Creek is still the glaringly obvious choice if they are going to do a real Halloween bonus mission.

7 Likes

more than a creepy mansion filled with secret passages and featured in the latest game?

madness; madness, i say!

2 Likes

Exactly this, when I heard they are part of the Mastery 20 in the new locations, and that they will do changes to ET system, I really thought this will be the dawn of something new.

Well.

I feel stupid now.

2 Likes

You can make Whittleton Creek Trick-or-Treating themed.

Except… there are no children in Hitman’s world. :roll_eyes:

Not to get off topic on this thread. Part of me gets why IOI doesn’t want kids in a Hitman game, but thoughts from everyone on if they went the Bethesda route and added kids in the game but made them immortal? Tricky situation for devs.

No, there are enough things you can do to a invincible kid NPC.

6 Likes

VR really brings out the worst of us behind closed doors especially when Skyrim is involved.

Fair Points!!! Ok, let’s not have them in the game then.

1 Like