February Roadmap - Initiation Protocol (2021)

Haven’t tried it in any other locations, but I can confirm that the White Shadow unlockable outfit from the Proloff Parable is a Hostile disguise from Hokkaido start points. But you can’t start on the Mountain Pass with it because it’s not the fixed-choice Ninja outfit.

So have fun starting in 47’s Suite, the Restaurant or the Spa in an insta-Hostile disguise, everyone… :crazy_face:

IOI folks - please can we patch in either an additional Mountain Pass starting location for the White Shadow outfit, or edit the existing Mountain Pass start to allow selection of either the Ninja or the White Shadow outfits? @Travis_IOI and/or @Clemens_IOI, please could you pass this on to the teams for consideration? :slightly_smiling_face:

EDIT - @Urben, I am dreading the contracts you will make with this bad boy… :grimacing:

18 Likes

Very rarely. I believe the only Map where it would really be worth it, would be Berlin, where you would of course rather eliminate an Agent that has spotted you than an Agent that hasn’t

Patiently waiting for @TheContractor to post the Gauchito Antiquity thread so that I can share my runs :weary:

5 Likes

It already exists my friend, but not a :corn::tractor:™ thread

4 Likes

Wow, is in contract mode this a non-generic suit?

I usually don’t make contracts of exclusive items but this sounds interesting. :smiley:

2 Likes

62 posts were split to a new topic: Map lightning/bloom discussion

Well we have to give a thanks to io because they fixed the estate wines challenge bug

Not for me. :cry:

Just a little thing to notice - if you smuggle in mission a white katana in briefcase, once you retrieve it, you won’t be able to conceal it again (as with Masamure from Hokkaido). Which makes me wonder if this was intentional…

2 Likes

All large melee weapons can’t be put inside the briefcase once removed. It’s a feature

It’s good imo especially for contracts so people can’t just hide fire axes in their briefcase and take it wherever on the map

Edit: the broadsword/jarl saber don’t seem to obey that tho :thinking: hmm, only some large melee weapons then (Fire Axe, Katanas, Shovel)

2 Likes

Broadsword was the only large melee weapon you could store again in a briefcase. Is that feature removed?

No broadsword can still be re-briefcased. So can Jarl’s Saber and presumably Sabers in general. So not sure now what the rules are :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Jarl’s Saber can be put on your back so that’s probably why. Also it’s a bit like how the walking cane can be brought in without a briefcase.

But Katanas can also be put on your back and yet you can’t re-briefcase them :man_shrugging:

What are the rules?

3 Likes

The rule is there is no rule. Consistent inconsistency. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

In H2 the only large loadout item that cannot be put back is the Masamune. Now the White Katana is added to that. Otherwise most large items can be put into the briefcase except Fire Axe and maybe one of the newer large items you can find on maps.

2 Likes

If they now add in a little yellow skull to indicate all you have to do is kill the target, maybe flash in both after another to suggest that you need to do both, that would be great. But the cam one is awesome enough! I mean, how many times did we not kill the target after it spotted us?

True, the target usually doesn’t live long enough to alert the guards and if he does then SA isn’t possible anymore anyways. It’s just a nice-to-have feature.

The idea of flashing in both or just one symbol depending on what you have to do to maintain SA is a good idea. However, I would use the in-game target symbol instead of a skull.

1 Like

That was just an idea. But I like that they added it. I once failed an ET SASO on Paris back in Hitman 2. Thats the only challenge left I have in the game to truely, truely 100% and it all happend because of the bugged SA indicator. :smiley: Im happy that this wont happen again now.

In other news: I checked the new suits and gadgets. Really sweet, really nice, add some new effects to the game. The old granade now too has a larger radius, giving us not just a tiny radius, but more area to effect more than one or two NPCs. But of course, bugs bugs bugs.

Neither the turtleneck nor the new suits get wet on China map. Seriously. I liked how they added it to every suit, so that unlike Haven, every starting suit gets wet. After some testing I found out, 47s chrome dome also sometimes, sometimes doesnt get wet.

IOI, I love your games but this needs to stop.

1 Like

Well, ladies and gentlemen, looks like we have our own Buccaneer in Season 3. And it’s a friggin’ ninja, man.

9 Likes

Wait Wait Wait Wait Wait Wait.

Is that one guard in Paris not an enforcer anymore? Could they finally provide us with such a gift?