Game won't start on PC

Exactamente, epic games dice que es culpa de IOI y ellos no contestan, a ti que te sucede en la prueba de rendimiento? A mi se me queda pillado a los pocos segundos. He logrado que cargue unos segundos más activando la sincronizacion vertical. Es desesperante

Same issue here. Joined the forum today just to look for a solution. All drivers are fully updated. DX12. Ran Epic and HMIII direct as admin. Graphics all to lowest settings. Verified install. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Tried all the options listed above and then some. Game launches from Epic- small screen with “Play, Options, Quit” comes up. Hit play and a black screen comes up for a minute then bam- back to the Epic launcher- no game. Been playing HMII for years just fine. Ugh…

Same exact issue. My system is below. Reinstalled H3 several times. Also reinstalled the launcher.
Tried two different drives. Verified Files. Ran launcher and game in admin mode. Using DX12 and latest Nvidia Drivers 461.09. No clue what else to do. Bought the deluxe version and would hate to ask for a refund if I can’t get this to work. H1 and H2 work flawlessly through Steam.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (3696 MHz)
Memory: 16345 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 19042.746)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2
Graphics Card Memory: 8192 MB

1 Like

This has worked for me! Thank you. I cannot believe that I didn’t have the newest drivers and I thought I did. I had some kind of Nvidia console on my pc, and it said drivers are up to date. Well, now I know.

As expected though, performance on my pc is not great. But I have found another thread on this forum talking about Geforce Now, I haven’t heard about such a service before, works great for me, I think I like it better than launching from my current PC.

1 Like

I have same windows version… May be ioi did not test the game on it (nah, I remembered that I was updating windows after the first crash). Do you have any errors in Event viewer?

Went to bed 8 hours ago after playing for several hours. Woke up now and I literally can’t even begin to connect. I choose “retry” after it fails and it tries for, like, half a second before telling me it failed again. Getting the “Failed to fetch configuration” (PC / Epic, obv).

1 Like

Yes I do:

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 1/21/2021 9:50:09 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A

Description:
Faulting application name: hitman3.exe, version: 3.10.0.0, time stamp: 0x60084611
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.546, time stamp: 0x43cbc11d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000028565
Faulting process id: 0x1150
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6f071a97afd10
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\HITMAN3\retail\hitman3.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: dd574fde-609d-4ea2-a033-d7979d2f23bb
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Also forgot to mention that this was installed to my ssd when I got this error.

I became impatient and just asked for a refund. I still have plenty of previous Hitman content to work through and I will stay subbed to this topic just incase someone comes up with a fix.

1 Like

I gave up too. 3 days of beating my head against the wall is enough. I requested a refund a few minutes ago. I’ll try next year when Epic’s exclusive contract ends and hopefully it’ll be on Steam- where Hitman II and before that I, have been working fine for me for years.

3 Likes

Looks like we have a member from the IOI team checking on issues. PLEASE use this thread to report the crashing issue. Hopefully they will see that quite a few people are having the crashing issue and will address it soon!

I joined the forum to say only one thing: I’m having the same issue (the game does not start on PC) and none of the solutions worked.
I’m a huge fan of Hitman series and this is the first time I’m disappointed that much.

1 Like

Alguien ha encontrado alguna solución ;(

Has anybody found a solution to this problem? I’m having the same issue and have tried everything that is suggested online, and nothing seems to work.

1 Like

Yo al final dejé de intentarlo, pero te digo una cosa, lo estoy jugando con Ge Force Now y va de maravilla, es una auténtica pasada.

After I click launch on epic, it shows hitman launcher, I select lowest settings and click on play. Then nothing happens.
• This is the specification of my laptop:
• windows 10 pro
• CPU: Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ Processor
• Graphic: GeForce GTX 760M 2GB GDDR5
• Ram: 8GB DDR3
I have installed all the game updates so far, the last one was [Game Version 3.40.0] [ EPIC Store Version 4879673] but the problem still persists.

I played games Hitman 2 _ Forza Horizon 4 _ RDR2 _ GTA V with my laptop easily.

Windows Event Viewer:
Faulting application name: HITMAN3.exe, version: 3.40.0.0, time stamp: 0x60c1d571
Faulting module name: HITMAN3.exe, version: 3.40.0.0, time stamp: 0x60c1d571
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000119e387
Faulting process id: 0x2214
Faulting application start time: 0x01d766d4c899c8c4
Faulting application path: F:\Games\Hitman 3\Retail\HITMAN3.exe
Faulting module path: F:\Games\Hitman 3\Retail\HITMAN3.exe

I believe your graphics card is weak for latest HITMAN games.
Only chance I see for you to play the game is to set the very lowest graphics settings of the game. You can do it in the launcher’s Options menu

I have the same problem only when I go into the game and press the play button and the game does not react in any way. Although I previously played normally, now I play on an unlicensed version of the game, it works for me correctly.

1 Like

Please tell us the exact details of this version of the game that was run for you. thank you
This is the first time a game has bothered me so much, I have removed and installed the game at least 6 times so far

Latest version 4.40.0

I don’t want to miss the sipienze twins