Hitman 3 - 2021 Awards Watch 🏆

Hitman 3 is a nominee for IGN‘s game of the year awards 2021.

21 Likes

HITMAN 3 is also nominated for IGN’s Best Action-Adventure Game

19 Likes

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1468144679845777411

Nominated in :

Best Performance (Male) : David Bateson as Agent 47
Best Direction
Best Level Design
Best Trophy List
Best Action Game (Gameplay > Narrative)

16 Likes

PS Blog’s Game of the Year 2021
Nominated in:
Best Story
PS VR Game Of The Year
PS4 Game Of The Year
PS5 Game Of The Year
Studio Of The Year (IOI)

All categories are player’s choice. The polls close at 6am CET, December 14.

17 Likes

Hitman 3 didn’t win the VR Game Award.

You may now flip your tables. :sob:

12 Likes

And I had a whole post ready to launch to congratulate the team and the VR track owners.
(Sidsel Marie Hermansen (lead game designer) and Eskil Møhl (senior game designer - @E-mol ) you won in our hearts)

More awards will surely arrive from other places.

7 Likes

I suppose playing a VR game with a controller isn’t very fun at the end. I’m not complaining IOI because they made something cool at the best they could do on Playstation 4. I mean Sony could make something better with PSVR… like real VR controllers instead to force devs and players use the Move controllers…

8 Likes

Polygon gaming website rates Hitman 3 as #6 out of its top 50 for 2021. Strong and balanced praise from this website for Hitman. I am sure that IOI is happy with the video journalism from this website.

Like its hairless chameleon of a protagonist, Hitman 3 can be any number of things it needs to be in a given moment.

In one context, it is a finale, the last installment in what developer IO Interactive has dubbed the “World of Assassination” trilogy. This makes players’ first time on Hitman 3 murderous merry-go-round feel both like a victory lap and a moody rumination on what came before. It starts at the top of the world, in a Dubai skyscraper, and eventually brings you down to the dance floor of a Berlin nightclub called, literally, Club Hell.

Play the game some more, and other contexts emerge. In one, it is perhaps mainstream gaming’s most successful satire, a thorough (and often hilarious) dressing down of the wealthy where the joke is underlined by the player’s actions — as opposed to the medium’s favored method of stuffing browbeating jokes into an overwrought script. In another, it is a game so successful at enabling player expression that at times it feels like the only game to do so. It organically presents you with assassination possibilities so deranged and unlikely that the player can very reasonably conclude that they’re a genius.

Like the games before it, Hitman 3 rewards elegance and despises mess, challenging players to find more and more novel ways to navigate its clockwork worlds, and expressing distaste for anyone who wants to play a game about a man with a gun. There are plenty of those. There is only one Hitman.

BTW an independent video journalist and voice actor, Alannah Pierce, states that she know that IOI has finished creating the story for Project 007, and it is pretty cool she says.

16 Likes

Very cool! HITMAN 3 is in a lot of peoples top 10 list, and it’s great to see!

I see that you’ve also watched the 1hr and 30min long video :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

She works for Sony Santa Monica studios now as game writer (she worked for IGN before) and I find disturbing that Project 007 's plot already leaked in US. I guess it’s because the story is written in cooperation with more people than before, London maybe. Anglosaxons can’t keep things secrets.

Can you share the link please ?

3 Likes

Maybe she just does some of the voice acting on this project and got to see the script this way?

4 Likes

It’s possible, according to Wikipedia, she did VA for Cyberpunk 2077 and Gears 5. But this is not a professional behavior to talk about an ongoing project years before its release, even more when you’re a game writer from another big game company (Sony).

5 Likes

You’re right. And usually VA don’t get the whole script.

3 Likes

50:55

6 Likes

From the wording (“they have the story pretty much down, it sounds cool and surprising”) my guess would be that maybe a friend just shared how the writing is going and some basic story beats. I don’t think there’s a detailed plot leak or dialogue actually ready to be recorded.

5 Likes

Yeah I’d bet she’s got insider info, or if she did voice act for the game, they gave her the general outline of the story for her role.

I don’t see what’s so wrong about saying “IOI’s story is cool”. She’s showing support and excitement for it, not revealing plot details.

7 Likes

Many years before the release and knowing that usually many changes are made by then.

1 Like

:man_shrugging: I’d expect it to be out late 2023 or mid 2024.

Still don’t think it’s too much of an issue mentioning it. Plenty of actors do it, and then stop there, since revealing anything further would breach NDA or the process isn’t far along enough for any other detail.

And unless there’s one or multiple delays, I’m sure IOI has the general structure or themes of want they want to tackle set down.

1 Like

This is my opinion and I find this behavior unprofessional. I think you’re a bit optimistic if you think this game will be out late 2023 or mid 2024.

In fact, it’s not this occurrence that annoys me but it’s an accumulation of people who drop information publicly earlier and earlier. Ok, the plot seems pretty cool but then tomorrow, another “insider” will drop another “breaking news” while the developers have not even started the preproduction phase. There are times to talk about projects.

I have nothing against her but sometimes, US insiders should handle things in a more professional way instead of looking for exclusivity or visibility.

And in this video, there is one guy who says laughing “all this must remain only in the chat, we trust you haha”… :joy:

3 Likes

Ah I see. Yeah the exclusive journalism stuff I find eye-rolling.

The fact that it’s not part of an IOI 007 press tour is weird, ya. Anyway it seems it was a just a passing mention in the clip, whether that’s good or not is up to anyone. :man_shrugging:

Lol yeah. He was probably just saying that in a jokey manner since he wasn’t expecting any massive details or anything.

3 Likes