HITMAN 3 - Bug Report Thread

Platform: Xbox One digital

Location: I think in all, but mostly in Haven

Description: arranging a meeting during a showdown doesn’t give the prestige payout

Steps to reproduce:

  1. Start the game/freelancer
  2. Load a showdown mission
  3. select ARRANGE MEETING as the prestige objective
  4. KO a suspect, take their phone, and arrange a meeting

the prestige objective does not trigger… I’ve tried KOg the leader and a non leader… I’ve killed the leader or a non leader… it normally works, but not always…

Frequency: approximately 10-20% of the time

Attach none

2 Likes

Platform: PC (Steam)
Location: All, except train I guess
Upon saving and loading with a sniper rifle in hand, the sniper will lose all sound effects including scoping in and focus/slowdown aiming.
Frequency: every time

3 Likes

Steam
Isle of Sgail

In the The Ostentatious Arcade contract, if you trigger the target’s escape - the escape timer is incorrectly set to display as an optional objective.

image

8 Likes

Epic
Haven Island
Inconsistency with areas where 47 as waiter can enter. Next to spa is a little dropout area, where you will be hushed away if approached from front. However, if you sneak in there, you will not be trespassing.
Same applies to private island, where Steve Bradley hangs out. If you approach it by the bridge, you will be shoo’d off by bodyguards. But if you sneak in, you will be okay.
This best shown by the fact that in both of these areas, an NPC wearing waiter disguise is located.
Frequency: Always
Screenshots:



7 Likes

Platform: [PC,Steam]
Digital

Location: All maps.

Description: My cover button and all spacebar related actions don’t work. The key works perfectly, and binding the action to another key doesn’t work either.

Frequency: All time, i cant do any action related with the space bar.

1 Like

When playing Bangkok using a guards disguise and having all keycards.
Walking around in the guards and workers areas is fine. Walking out of a door with a keycard and a guard outside, is fine as well. If someone else opens the locked door it also works fine go back through it.

Using my keycard make the guard instantly see me as a perp. Not a bug perhaps, but make no sense. As a guard I’m going through the door only guards are allowed through and I use a keycard like a guard should.

3 Likes

Platform: PS4 Disc

Location: Whittleton Creek

Description: Janus’ guard reading the diary for Ark Society clue will not spawn if you watch the cutscene at start on garbage man starting point.

Steps to reproduce:

  1. Go to Another Life mission.
  2. Select garbage removal as starting location and play.
  3. Watch the cutscene when you start. At least 4-5 seconds will do. You can also finish it.
  4. Go to the bench (behind the garbage truck) where the guard should be sitting and you won’t see him there.

Frequency: Always

Link for video of the bug: https://youtu.be/s8udaxot-6s?si=CixDOnZOt4j0Yp5A

Link for video showing the guard if you skipped the cutscene: https://youtu.be/zfSVK2jPUxA?si=2fmzpT-rTENRnMcB

2 Likes

Hello Mr.Matapobre.

(PC with keyboard, Steam; I think it’s version 3.190 (forgot to check in-game), no mods)

Conclusion: agree with you that it’s a bug / problem.

It appears to be a timing issue. I agree with you that if you spawn as a garbage man, Kenneth Hemmer does not appear when the cutscene ends; however, he does he spawn ~1:35 in-game clock (after allowing starting cutscene to fully play). He materializes inside the creek then walks from the creek towards the bench.

Just now, I tried this both in story mode several times and Contracts mode, and it’s the same timing issue.
Also, in my attempts, skipping or not skipping had no effect on Hemmer’s appearance; he was not present if starting as garbage man.

Starting at any other position (such as gardener) other than garbage man, Kenneth Hemmer already was sitting on the bench by the time you approach, skipping or not skipping cutscene.

Side point: if you have all icons / helpers enabled (I checked Options and cannot find the exact setting for this; perhaps it’s included in “Objectives” or “Mission Stories”) and you start as garbage man, the conversation of the other 2 garbage men standing next to the garbage truck is not marked as a clue (the purple square with a spiral inside it) above their heads, but Grey and Diana will speak afterwards as if it is a clue. The only icon in this case is the white speech bubble.
If you start at any other position, their conversation will be marked as a clue and also have the white speech bubble.

Best regards.

1 Like

Hello Iliasjoke.

When you bound “cover” to another key, to which key or keys did you re-bind then test using it / them?

Also, can you share a screenshot of your current keybindings?

I re-binded several actions (re-binded several when I first bought Hitman 3, and again more recently because I was tired of mistakenly breaking necks when I meant to drag a body due to B vs V) so I have non-default keybindings.

Best regards.

You’re playing on PC right? In PS4, he’s instantly there if you skip the cutscene. https://youtu.be/zfSVK2jPUxA?si=2fmzpT-rTENRnMcB
I think the platform has something to do with the issue too.

If I’m not mistaken, this guard spawns across the creek when this bug happens, so if you wait there at that bench for long enough he eventually arrives on his own. Not a fix, but it would allow you to still get the clue.

1 Like

Yes, I read your original post thoroughly and I understand that for you (PS4), he appears if you skip the cutscene while starting as the garbage man whereas when I tested on PC with keyboard / Steam, skipping or not skipping the cutscene while starting as the garbage man had no effect: he was not present until ~1:35 per in-game clock when he would appear from inside the creek, walk up the bank, and to the bench.

With the added oddity of the clue status, it’s definitely a bug regardless of platform.

Best regards.

Platform: Xbox One
Digital

Location: All, Freelancer mode

Description: XP gained at the score screen counts both the mission, and the preceding one. Doubling the xp gained. Same doubling occurs for challenge (one campaign completed counts for two).
The challenge double tick can be observed on the safehouse return.

Steps to reproduce:

  1. Start the game
  2. Start Freelancer
  3. Play one mission (takedown, showdown)
  4. Scored action are seemingly counted twice, once before the original score screen, a second time after
  5. The original score screen only show the first instance of it.
  6. As a first consequence, scored actions under a challenge see this challenge moving by two ticks. Observable at the return to the safehouse.
  7. As a second consequence, the XP gained on the mission will be appear on the next mission completed score screen in addition to this mission score. In essence doubling it.

Frequency: Always.

Note:

  • Game crashed on a mission exit before the bug was first observed.
  • Only xp is doubled. Merces gained are not affected
  • The Player Profile level visible under career and in the main menu is affected by the double xp gained before the next completion screen. In a parallel to the challenge double tick.
4 Likes

Platform: PC

Location: all missions, freelancer mode

Description: The Club Boom DJ suit (or however it is spelled) doesn’t apply: if chosen in mission loadout, the base suit is applied (or previous one, haven’t checked properly). While in Freelancer choice menu, the suit just doesn’t change: the previous one stays.

Frequency: always.

Note: other items from Drop pack appear in missions properly.

1 Like

Likely a mod conflict.

I’m surprised no one has pointed this out yet:

Platform: Steam
Safehouse (freelancer):
Description: The new suit that came with the purchasable Drop pack has the incorrect name tag when you put it on in the mirror. It’s labeled [‘Char_Reward_Tomorrowland_Hero_DJSuit_M_Name’]

Steps to Reproduce:
Load up Freelancer, go to a mirror and select the suit.

Frequency: Always

Screenshots:

2 Likes

I assume your game is modded and hasn’t been redeployed since the update yet?

1 Like

I have like 2, but only 1 suit mod. Is that the issue?

Yes, updated and deployed all mods, now it works as intended. Thanks!

3 Likes

Sliding doors become impossible to open if you attach a taser device or similar to them (doesn’t happen with micro audio for some reason - I guess it sticks through the door less). This can allow you to get yourself softlocked in New York pretty quickly…

A shame because I wanted to rig a door with a taser and propane so when it slides open the taser will go close enough to the propane to set it off, but NPCs will just phase through any doors that are blocked this way…

3 Likes