Hitman 3 DLC in the Works

IDK, looks pretty cool for me.
(for people asking, it’s from old modding thread, made by @Kevin_Rudd)

11 Likes

It’s pretty much Dartmoor. Maybe another murder mystery to solve?

There’s difference between mansion and castle even though I’m aware about potential similarities.
The point is that everything can work as long as idea is good (at least theoretically :stuck_out_tongue:).

1 Like

This is why I would love a “time of day” mod where we can change the time of day on any level. Whittleton Creek at night? Haven at day? HImmelstein at night? Stuff like that.

5 Likes

Whittleton creek at night; achievement: take pictures of sleeping residents without being spotted. Like the Sheikh but on a grander scale.

Yeah the article said “we are definitely going to be doing some DLC, but we haven’t defined what that is”, that sounds like more than Escalations and Contracts

1 Like

Looks very scottish :+1:
Now what to do with it? We can’t have it be inhabited by super secret societies again, can we?

Medieval festival? We got the knight outfit already. Lots of sharp blade and misguided arrow accidents.

4 Likes

LARP convention? ‘magic missile, magic missile, magic missile!’.

I don’t know if it’s a “good” idea or not, but Whittleton Creek could be redone for a Halloween theme and have snow on the ground/falling. It is Vermont and snow on Halloween is hardly unusual up there.

I’d say make it a historical museum after the fall of the ark society. Get a few more medieval weapons. The public areas have your guides and such. Then you need to sneak to the back to kill the curator

Also you can have a few obnoxious LARP guys you can pacify and steal their cardboard medieval armour. Or swap their rubber sword for a real one and they unintentionally kill the target for you (call back to BM)

6 Likes

I think that pic proves my point honestly, so agree to disagree lol.

so keep it dark and make it a book release convention (harry potter ripoff), with LARP and easter eggs like flying a broom out of the map, lol.

I mean I’ll take any bonus mission I can get. I’m not trying to sound like a Debbie Downer. I’m just saying daytime Sgail wouldn’t be my first choice. I think other maps lend themselves more to a change in tone.

I think the likely only chance for bonus missions is a Patient Zero style campaign in a “World of Assassination Complete Edition” bundle, and with 20 maps to choose from I’d have a lot higher priorities. But that’s just me, I respect all opinions. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The main issue with some of the H2 and H3 maps is that they’re built almost entirely around the story, and there are no to little areas which are interesting at a different time of day. For ex Sgail, Miami, Mumbai, Dartmoor, Berlin, Chongqing. Yes they could mix some things up but not an awful lot. Not like Landslide at least. Most of the mentions above aren’t even as good without the main event of the story mission, I reckon.

2 Likes

Aren’t all of the levels built that way though? Sapienza only looked different because they closed so many areas off.

7 Likes

Going from night to day is never gonna have the same cool factor as going from day to night with the same map, but ultimately it would just be a nice change of pace to be a different time of day from the original map and the main factor determining if it’s a good level or not is gonna be how IO uses the space and the target routines and all that. I think daytime Sgail could be fun, but they would have to come up with a real interesting reason people were at the castle and, most importantly, the NPC placement and loops ect.

1 Like

Sapienza and Marrakesh had large sections of the level that weren’t used very much in the main mission. There’s a reason the only true fully fledged bonus missions are set there, focusing on those areas (church and city hall, market and restaurant). I don’t know if this happened because of a greater focus on contracts mode early on or what, but either way IOI made subsequent levels much more focused on the main mission and thoroughly used.

That’s one reason I keep saying the best we can hope for is a Patient Zero style thing, with less of a revamp and more simple changes.

1 Like

Not really what I meant. Sapienza has the entire town which is poorly utilized in the story mission. Thus being very usable in bonus missions, apart from the fact that anything is possible in a town. Sgail for ex. is described as the place to be for a secret society which most of the world doesn’t know about. The entire place is built- and decorated to suit the event. Without said event going on, it’s just a bland deserted island. Thats apart from the fact that any other mission, or 47 visiting for a 2nd time, wouldn’t make much sense in my book.

Granted, Miami, Mumbai and Chongqing could utilize the limited amount of public space they have. Still it would feel awkward when the story mission areas are mostly closed off.

6 Likes

This is the biggest challenge to me, but it can be overcome. The obvious story line is Ark Society collapsed after Providence collapsed and then you have a blank slate. There is enough space, but it would take some work to recreate the castle in a way that made sense.

3 Likes

I think with smart writing tho they could justify any interesting changes to locations. The Icon for instance could have taken place in any map

I agree tho that Sapienza had a lot of unused areas in the main missions that made it ripe for bonus missions to expand on

4 Likes