Hitman 3 DLC in the Works

Just spitballing here, I know it’s incredibly unlikely, but how cool would it be if IO managed to retool Himmelstein/Hantu Port as some kind of sandbox level? IIRC the incidental NPCs are eyeless monstrosities and a lot of the level geometry is incomplete from angles you can’t see from in that mode, but if fixing those things is plausible I daresay they’d make decent levels.

(Not gonna touch Siberia, given the AI complications IO have talked about before.)

5 Likes

So i guess them wouldn’t reorganize maps like Sgail, Dartmoor, Mendoza or Colorado cause are too much involved with the story. The best missions timeline for me would be set before WOA trilogy. BTW logically them would have to use in game elements.

• Hawkes Bay deserve more. Them could pick up our beloved photographer from the old S1 trailer and another target, everything in a daily party with skijet competition.

• Paris by night with a special exposition and a ballroom, very classic like invitation to a party from SA.

• Whittleton Creek Xmas/Winter by night

• Chongqing by day something with triads, seafood massacre style.

• Berlin something with The Class in concert @ Club Hölle

Could be very interesting and doable I guess.

5 Likes

Uuuuuuh himmelstein lovable.

I’d like to see a focus on the maps from 3, even if that leaves 2’s maps as sort of odd ducks out without any major reworkings. I’ve had plenty of fun on Miami and Sgail as is, give me more experiences to have with these new maps.

1 Like

Give me Chongqing during the daytime and I’ll be happy af.

MAYBE if there’s enough public demand for a new level, then maybe they would consider it, like the Airport they’ve once considered.

1 Like

Whatever we get, I really hope it’s on the “Bonus Episode” level, rather than the Patient Zero level (mildly expanded/reworked aborted ETs) and Special Assignment level (perma ETs).

I actually wouldn’t mind it if the DLC pack wasn’t even a campaign and was just a collection of all the bonus missions they’d come up with in the past that were axed in the early stages due to time/budget reasons etc. I’ve been wanting the axed Paris bonus mission ever since Torben mentioned on one of the very first live streams after H1 launched that they were planning to release a bonus mission set in Paris with every single one of the fashion show props removed.

16 Likes
DLCs should focus on
  • One brand new location
  • Several bonus missions set in the current locations
  • A lot of special assignments

0 voters

What do you prefer ?

For the second option 'Several bonus missions', I mean with this quality.

4 Likes

Bonus Missions are the best possible balance between quality and quantity content. The same resources should produce more of them then entire locations being made from scratch, and they should be way more replayable than Special Assignments. I would’ve been happy for H2’s Expansion to be a bunch of Bonus Missions instead

16 Likes

If I can actually go up to IO and say, “You’re making us additional sandbox locations,” and they do it, then that’s the option I’m taking. I’d love another New York or Haven Island (even over a set of bonus missions that contains another House Built on Sand, which is pure class).

4 Likes

I missed the opportunity to add “Special assignments inside bonus missions set up in brand new locations” option. And obviously, “Codename 47 remaster”. @MrOchoa We had a 10 seconds remake of C47 in Hitman 3, not that bad :smile:

6 Likes

And bonus missions have enough substantial new/different content that IO gives us contract mode access to them. Which I know is always a plus to you :wink:

1 Like

hopefully that was just a taste of whats to come :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

After Club 27, before Freedom Fighters. The clues are all there, they’re just a bit more hidden than normal.

2 Likes

good news. I hope it’s included for free for deluxe players.

I read in an interview this week that one of the team would love to do an airport mission. So although it wont be part of Hitman 3, here’s hoping that they do an airport mission eventually in a future game.

1 Like

Those are defenitly great News, so I hope they focus on Hitman 2 and 3 Bonus Missions, since they’re truly deserving of some. In particulary I’m thinking about:

Hawkes Bay: While the highly suggested Surf Competition, defenitly sounds like a good idea, I think a Beach Party could also work, which I’d set during Sunset.

Miami: Repurposing the Race Track would problably be too much work, so I think they should focus on the Marina.

Mumbai: In another Thread I originally suggested a Rainy Afternoon, so I think I have an even better idea. Set it during a Rainy and Stormy Night, where the Slums are empty except for a few Real NPCs and Armed Guards. You could really utelize the Channels and Houses that way.

WC: While Snow WC sounds good for sure, I also wouldn’t mind a Rainy Afternoon, if Mumbai doesn’t get it. There would not be many People outside and maybe they could also use some NPC Models from the Serialkiller to tone down the Clone Rate.

Bank: Set during Sunset closing Hours or at Night.

Berlin: I’m open for whatever they do with it. It’s similair to Sapienza for me in this regard. Even the worst Variation (PZ Sapienza) is still not terrible, especially if it has Contracts Mode.

Chongqing: Maybe a Mission, which uses the City alot better. In my Opnion it came to short in the Main Mission. Also all ICA NPCs and Entraces need to be removed, due to avoid another PZ Debacle.

Romania: Theres not much to do here, so I’d also be for a Passenger Train WITH Contracts Mode please.

3 Likes

I always see people claiming Freedom Fighters is too soon after Club 27 to fit in Patient Zero, or that the references to The Class in Patient Zero’s The Source are just the result of developer laziness…

1 Like

That would be absolutely awesome.

Whittleton Creek is up there in my top 5 favourite Hitman levels of all time :wink:

2 Likes

I didn’t vote because I am indifferent to it, but to be honest, unless they add items called “No time to die ™ Omega watch with the signature James Bond MKX look”, which would be rather intrusive, I think we have a lot of spy movie gadgets already, and having a few more wouldn’t be too bad. So it depends on execution.

I understand the idea of WC covered in snow and christmas decoration or autumn Halloween vibes sounds atmospheric as hell, but I do not see anything that could be done in WC from a gameplay perspective that hasn’t been done already. The main mission already covered so much scenarios from a barbecue party to a high value target living undercover, and the map is quite flat with small separated houses. I hope they rework a map with more gameplay depth and possibilities, for the replay value of the possible bonus mission.

Bonus Episodes would be nice. Especially if they take a few from our old “Create A Bonus Mission” thread. :slight_smile: