Hitman 3 DLC in the Works

Funny enough, I made a thread on that, but I deleted it due to lack of activity. It seems we left a lot of writing talent when we switched forums. But for anyone who wants to write concepts:

1 Like

I think part of the problem is that we have a lot of threads running in parallel, discussing the same topics.

I hope this slows down and one thread for each topic survives soon. There are at least 3 threads currently discussing DLC/Bonus missions right now for example.

1 Like

To be honest, I’d probably pick a new location over bonus missions, but since IOI has basically confirmed that they aren’t going to make new locations, proper bonus missions is what I want. Definetly with the quality and effort put into The Icon, Landslide, and A House Built on Sand. I suppose I’m not sure how they are going to go about releasing these, guess it depends on how many bonus missions they have in mind, but to me doing it like a Patient Zero DLC makes the most sense. I prefer the idea of a big expansion pack rather than bite size DLC.

1 Like

They took the time to record a few lines for a specific NPC to reference possible kill methods for Jordan/ Ken (atrium gassing). I wrote it all up on TV Tropes here:

They did put some effort into world building, and it certainly does not take place after Hitman 2.

10 Likes

Would you rather have?

• Standalone Bonus Missions [The Icon, Landslide etc.]
  • Bonus Campaign

0 voters

1 Like

Out of those two options, Standalone by a million miles. I’ve had my narrative fix from the WoA trilogy, and I think Standalones would offer more freedom to create unique missions than a short Bonus Campaign would. Random hits, please! :grin:

17 Likes

Why can’t we have both?

4 Likes

Hitman 2’s bonus content was a real step down from the first game. We went from 8 bonus missions and 26 elusive targets to 4 “special assignments” and 6 elusive targets. I guess if it helped IOI focus on Hitman 3, it’s alright.

On the subject of targets, excluding the ICA agents, they removed the “The ___” (e.g. The Moneyman, the Mastermind, the Genius, the Scientist, etc.) style for target challenges, haven’t they? That would make ETs a little bit odd-sounding if they continue with the “Eliminate _____” style.

3 Likes

I can’t think of a particular reason why one would be better than the other (bonus campaign or bonus mission).
The Icon is standalone and brilliant. Patient Zero is a campaign and I never stopped replaying the whole thing every now and then.
As long as it’s well crafted, I’m excited for any type of DLC.

1 Like

I would rather have more maps like Haven, set either before Sgail or between New York/Haven and Dubai. There was so much untapped potential in the gang working together and having an extra set of eyes of things. It’d probably be a nightmare to code but that’s why I’m the ideas woman.

It’s so good though. I would love a campaign that uses locations from all 3 games to tell new story.

5 Likes

That wouldn’t bode well with those who only bought Hitman 3.

Still, maybe I could write that thief gang plot that I never had the confidence and currently don’t have the time to publish as a fanfic. Dubai to ____ to ____ to Romania.

1 Like

[quote=“Dustwolf105, post:69, topic:5056”]
Hitman 2’s bonus content was a real step down from the first game. We went from 8 bonus missions and 26 elusive targets to 4 “special assignments” and 6 elusive targets.

You’re omitting two new maps and two sniper maps in there. The post-launch content was maybe less robust than 1, but the gap is smaller than you’ve made it out to be.

2 Likes

yeah The Patient Zero is a very very good example

I hope they redo those. Like Berlin still has them.

I’ve come up with them if IO couldn’t:
The Kingmaker (Ingram)
The Baron (Stuyvesant)
The Maiden (Carlisle)
The Future (Hush)
The Sister (Royce)
The Attorney (Yates)
The Spook (Vidal)
The Constant (Edwards)

14 Likes

You do know that maiden means virgin right?

1 Like

I would read it more as unmarried, but Carlisle is probably either divorced or widowed so :man_shrugging:

I’d suggest maybe The Mother / The Matriarch / The Sage or even make her The Kingmaker as she is the highest ranking of The Partners (through age and her father was the original founder)

6 Likes

I would have gone The Iron Lady since I get occasional Thatcher vibes from her sometimes. Also Kingmaker seems more like Ingram since he is the political side of The Partners.

5 Likes

I just can’t get over the idea of turning one of the labs into a send up of Charlie and the chocolate factory for some reason.

The odds are slim to none but I’d pay top dollar for such a level, the potential opportunities alone. I’d probably even include the sweet that makes them float and have the ceiling fan kill.

3 Likes

The Matriarch would be an excellent fit. From the sounds of it, she wasn’t a great mother and she has a detective wandering around her house after she’s supposedly died so I wouldn’t call her a sage lol

47 tries ayahuasca?

1 Like

I’m at the point where I’d even prefer this type of dlc so we can go to each location and ideally have a selection for each one, like we have for sapienza