Hitman 3 Location Speculation

I’m just watching all James Bond Movies again. And there are so many “secret” caves and castles with tricks and traps built in it. I always wondered who build them. And why didn’t anyone notice an island being rebuild in a villains liar.

1 Like

right? do they have a role in construction that specifically covers death traps? where do you even train for that? plus, it’s health and safety nightmare.

even in woa, i bet house prices dropped significantly in sapienza during the period ether built that cave. the noise must’ve been unbearable.

I want answers for that! Not only in Bond or 47 but in general. Any evil-cave-builders here?

checking community college courses now…

I can’t say that I’ve ever done it myself or not, but it’s surprisingly affordable and if you’re evil enough, contractor silence is pretty easy to guarantee.

hmmm

you seem to know an awful lot about this… :thinking:

1 Like

I know it’s probably VR but it looks cool so I hope it’s real xD

2 Likes

Now you reminds me of Major Zero in Metal Gear Solid series, who is a Bond fan.
So yeah, he could build something like that.

Now I’m wondering; if it’s a real location, then what’s the purpose? If it’s just VR, why IOI showed it to us from outside?

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean.

IOI probably chose to place it where it is for a reason, and I assume the reason is to make the place look secure.

So there are two possibilities:

A.
IOI: (Shows a location that looks extremely secure)
less than a minute later
IOI: Ha! It was just VR!

B.
It’s an actual location (whether someone’s in there or not).

I’m wondering which one is true.

it is weird to do an external establishing shot of a place that you’re subsequently going to show doesn’t exist. not sure what the point would be.

equally, it’s the most ridiculously impractical building i’ve ever seen. not sure what the point of it would be.

1 Like

You have no idea then how readily the very rich will waste huge amounts of money on things that are completely impractical then.

1 Like

i have no idea how rich people think at all :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

There’s a possibility that the structure exists and has another purpose—something like storage.

The other 2 will be IO HQ
And the Berlin airport

I think the possibility that IOI leaves it as a mystery is higher than fully confirming that it was VR. If there’s no direct confirmation, either through the game or other media, then it’s just speculation.

If you want to prove my theory is wrong, go ahead, but I would appreciate it if you come up with more clear evidence. Because now we are about to repeat this:

A: If it’s just VR, then why IOI would show it from outside?
B: It might be real, but I think it’s VR.
A: But if it’s just VR, then why IOI would show it from outside?
B: It might be real, but I think it’s VR.

Since this is getting too long, I made a topic about it.

My hypothesis is the developers have been kind of using the old missions as inspiration. There’s been few truly “original maps” imo.
So using a process of elimination
H1
Paris: standard party mission similiar to German embassy party mission in old H2 and Opera mission in Blood Money
Sapienza: Was a merger between the Mafioso mansion in old H2 and the Bjarkhov Bomb in Contracts
Marrakesh: This was a truly original map in my opinion and one of my personal favourites in making you feel like you’re really there during a political crisis
Thailand: similiar to the hotel mission in Contracts
Colorado: another original. I actually want more maps in totally hostile areas
Hokkaido: this was a remake of the Indian hospital mission in old H2. Both significantly difficult missions to get close to the target

H2
Hawkes Bay: either original or a bad remake of the old Hokkaido missions
Miami: Original
Colombia: The Delgado mission from Blood Money
Mumbai: I am going to say Murder of Crows from Blood money with the rival assassin and mystery element of tracking the targets. I want to see more of this detective style missions
Whittleton Creek: A new life from BM
Isle of Sgail: i think this was most similiar to the basment/skyscraper party mission towards the end of BM

H3:
Dubai: takes its inspiration from the Petronas tower missions in H2 but in a classier style
Dartmoor: clearly Beldingford manor. Hope they bring back dogs
Berlin: a “strange party” type map. Eg. The meat kings party
Chongqing: i think this will be like temple city ambush/a murder of crows where we take out assassins. Kind of takes its inspiration from Skyfall where Bond is tracking an assassin in Shanghai

So that leaves the following:

• 1 map that is completely hostile and requires deep infiltration eg. Hokkaido in the old H2. Alot of options for this one, but since Asia and Europe are already represented (and Dubai is M/E); i think it’ll be North/South America, or Russia
  • 1 map of significant political or public recognition (eg. The white house). I think providence will be trying to get some grand scheme done and A47 needs to disrupt it. I’m going to take a guess and say Geneva.
2 Likes

Has there ever been a Hitman level set in Denmark? I can’t think of any off the top of my head.