HITMAN 3 - Modding Thread

Hey, I love your works on this, these faces look great! But I was wondering if you were considering making them Simple Mod Framework accessible, because when I upload these in my runtime folder I need to update packagedefinition file, which messes all previously updated files.

2 Likes

Okay? Thatā€™s actually my first Mod that I made with and for Simple Mod Framework, so it shouldnā€™t be a necessary to update the runtime.

Still, thanks for the positive Feedback. Iā€™m glad to hear that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh sorry, I havenā€™t noticed, because it did not display I need SMF when I downloaded it. My mistake, haha.

1 Like

Interesting. I added it as a Mod Requirement, maybe Nexus didnā€™t save it? Iā€™m gonna take a look.

1 Like

I wanted to try your mod, but it is not working. First, the file on Nexus Mods has the 7z format, while Single Mod Framework only supports zip. I unpacked and repacked the archive as zip and then I was able to import it into SMF. However, even after deploying the mod, I donā€™t see any changes to the game. I tried to load up Miami, but it just shows the regular mission, not what is shown in your screenshot. Finally, Iā€™m not even sure, what your mod does. Can you help me out?

1 Like

Go to locations, Miami and you see two new mission

Only OFFLINE. Leter will release for peacock (not plugin)

5 Likes

SMF support 7z format. If SMF canā€™t extract mod, just extract youself, extract mod file to mod and deploy that

Thanks :slight_smile: I didnā€™t think of trying it offline. It works now :+1:

2 Likes

SMF doesnā€™t support 7z. You should distribute your mod as a ZIP; extracting mods yourself isnā€™t recommended.

2 Likes

okey, on future was all zip format

Now you can play in Peacock !

1 Like

PCGamer have published an article about a new mod called ā€˜minilancerā€™ - a showdown only version of freelancer - that not only manages to not mention freelancer at all, but even ends with the line ā€œHonestly, this sounds like something Hitman games should include in future editions.ā€

top journalism skills :laughing:

9 Likes

Thereā€™s been a few ā€˜interestingā€™ articles in this area. Like one which called datamines on Freelancer ā€œLeaksā€ (Leak is usually when someone intentionally or accidentally lets it out from inside, datamine is when you go in searching for it), called it ā€œFreelance Modeā€ instead of Freelancer, and in my opinion attributed the datamines to a person who made videos about them but not the person/people who actually discovered them and shared them both here and on Discord to begin with; but itā€™s possible the person who made the video happened to find it at the same time on their own and just didnā€™t share it fast enough, so I stand to be corrected on that

https://gamerant.com/hitman-3-leak-freelance-mode-year-2-suits/

And then you can see if you agree with these

https://www.thegamer.com/hitman-2-best-mods/

6 Likes

Hi, would anybody happen to have the ā€œFace Variationsā€ mod on hand? I accidentally deleted it while I was migrating to the new version of Fluffy Manager whichā€¦ Was a very messy process where I thought my old mods werenā€™t compatible, but actually they were since thereā€™s a hidden mod conversion tool, so files got moved and folders got deleted andā€¦ Ugh :unamused:

The nexus page has been down since October Face Variations at Hitman 3 Nexus - Mods and community and I canā€™t find the mod anywhere else. I am looking for the Hitman 2 Face w/ Numbered Barcode but will settle for just the Hitman 2 face if anybody has it.

Thanks very much

1 Like

Even though the mod is set to hidden, you can still download the mod if you have the files link - which Iā€™ve found. Ignore the preview stuff below that the forum is generating, just click the link.

Hereā€™s an archive.org link to the mod page with instructions if youā€™re also after those.

3 Likes

You are an absolute legend!! Thanks so much!!

1 Like

Are there any mods that retexture the seven deadly sins suits? Iā€™d probably use them if not for the incredibly gaudy patterns.

I only know of is the one to change to color of the Gluttony suit: https://www.nexusmods.com/hitman3/mods/348

Yeah, bumped into that and it genuinely generated a facepalmā€¦ Next thing we know, sheā€™ll write a follow-up article in two months praising IO for so quickly implementing a mode inspired by minilancer :man_facepalming: Youā€™d think that among a staff so in love with H3, someone wouldā€™ve noticed?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve problem with Simple Mod Framework itā€™s running very slow, I can barerly using it. Iā€™ve downloaded it for Accent Overhaul but I canā€™t and donā€™t how to enable it. First at all - when I start SMF itā€™s eat over 75% of my CPU power. I donā€™t know how to ā€œaddā€ this mod, because there is no any explanation how to instal it. Windows also bloced whole application because recognised as dangerous application.

I got a downloaded file ā€œAccent Overhaul 1.4.1 - SMF2 Update-242-1-4-1-1668049916.zipā€ but when I export it - there is a only folders withount any input file that could be choosen and enabled in SMF.

Second question is - where I need to keep these mod files? It need to be in gameā€™s directory, or what ever on HDD?

Anyway - When I choose this mod in SMF nothing is happend, but when Iā€™ve restarted application I see that mod is added but not turned on. When I try to do this - everything works do damn slow that its just freeze my whole PC.

What I should do?

1 Like