HITMAN 3 - Modding Thread

You’re meant to import the mod’s zip in the mod manager under the Enable/Disable mods screen

And that is the problem - because I click it and there isnt any reaction, there isn’t even triggered hover of that button because whole SMF looks like not working propetly. This process “Running mod diagnostics” seems to absorb most of CPU power and everything just freeze. When I open different windows window and then back to SMF - screen is just blank.

Chapther 3 is coming…

3 Likes

Got Two of the planned Three Male Additions to the Vineyard Staff done. For the third Model I wanted to try my Hands on an own Head Import as IO used them repeatly within H3. It worked in the sense that the Game didn’t crash so I still needs some work.

(Yes that’s Janus in combination with head_hispanic_30s_01_beard, so he’s suppose to get an Indian Face and Body Texture, which don’t work as of yet.)

4 Likes

Chapther 3 here !

2 Likes

Crosspost from the Discord server:

Glacier Blender add-on - Alpha v0.1.1

View and create assets for the Glacier 2 game engine.

Features

• Importing .prim files into Blender
  • Exporting Blender collections to .prim files
  • Importing .weightedprim files into Blender
  • Prim properties are exposed through the Blender UI
  • Batch importing support
  • Support for all Hitman: World Of Assassination games

Currently supported formats can be found on this page https://wiki.glaciermodding.org/blender/

Installation
You can download the latest release here:
https://github.com/glacier-modding/io_scene_glacier/releases/latest/download/io_scene_glacier.zip

To install the add-on please follow this guide:
https://wiki.glaciermodding.org/blender/installation

Contribute
We have open-sourced the add-on on Github.
https://github.com/glacier-modding/io_scene_glacier
Please feel free to help with the development of this add-on.
You can do this by contributing code, writing bug reports or requesting features.

4 Likes

Is there a possibility to downgrade the Simple Mod Framework? The update killed every mod in the nexus website, I can’t use any of them because they’re made for an early version. I don’t think updates like this are the best idea for a modding scene that is not so active as other modding scenes. Mods don’t get updated easily.

3 Likes

You can update any mod yourself easily without downgrading SMF.

If you don’t want to wait for a mod to update to 2.0.0, you can update mods yourself by downloading this file and dragging a mod’s manifest.json file onto it. It’s not done by the framework itself in order to encourage mod developers who update their mods to take advantage of the new features.

5 Likes

Started with the Waiters. While I plan to extend them for 3 Models, I ain’t sure I’m gonna keep V5 and V6 (Picture 1 and 3). V7 looks really nice, so that’s a keeper for sure.

Regarding the Field Workers, I went the above shown V5 and 7, so I recolored the V5 Beard, since even if the Head is head_indian_50s_01, the Textures are from head_caucasian_20s_01. Unfortunatly I couldn’t get Janus to work with a Texture on NPC Base. I also did the Female ones, so I went with more generic Heads, which is why I won’t show them. (I did used the possibily rarest Generic Female NPC Head in the Game)

Bonus

You’ll still find Ezra Berg handsome?

6 Likes

Lighting Ultimate 2.2 is here!

Featuring support for SMF 2.0:

GOTY Pack update:

Sorry for being a bit late, but better late than never!

27 Likes

New Vineyard Staff and Waiters. Those are most, but not all the Models as a little surprise can’t hurt.

Bonus

Nobody will suspect a thing

12 Likes

Does it work with Sarajevo Six? I tried it, but it did not load TSS into SMF mod directory.

1 Like

No, Sarajevo Six don’t working in SMF 2.0

1 Like

Can’t remember if I had to manually update it with UpdateManifest.exe or if it had an update released, but I’ve got it working fine with the latest SMF version.

If you need to manually update it I think this is what I did (I can’t remember): add the mod to the mod manager first if its not already, then SMF will cry about it not being updated, then manually update it with the exe, then restart the mod manager and it should be good to deploy.

Question from a modding scene ignoramus: are there any godmode/invincibility mods, and if so can they be used to unlock official Challenges?

Asking for a friend (me) who has been driven to desperation by The Wrath Termination. Thanks!

1 Like

While not exactly an invincibility mod, if they can’t see you - they can’t/won’t harm you (at least on purpose). So there is the Blind NPC mod which just removes the viewcones from all NPCs. Works fine when connected to the servers too.

2 Likes
3 Likes

These two might also be helpful.
I don‘t know for sure, if they allow you to unlock challenges. But I think it‘s very likely.

3 Likes

@Atampy26 thank you, you are a lifesaver! I was able to use your Immortal 47 mod to finally complete that cursed Wrath Termination, which was the only thing standing between me and 100% completion: I owe you a beer!

Have absolutely no qualms whatsoever about using a godmode hack to get this done, IMO it’s the worst gameplay content ever in the entire history of the franchise (I’d take Hidden Valley over this every day of the week) and I wish it had never existed in the first place. Now I’ve completed it with your help, I can forget about it and pretend it never did exist.

I’m so happy! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

I liked it. It was also pretty easy with melee/throwables only, without using any of the traps.

2 Likes