HITMAN 3 - Modding Thread

I was worried about the files I’d been making the past 2.5 months being incompatible with the final release files, but one of the most complex ones (Chongqing Noodle Massacre) works fine without any change required, so things are looking good for the mod, might be ready early next week

I will make a new thread for the mod when it’s released as it’s quite a big mod and people might have a lot to say (if nothing but bug reports lel)

9 Likes

Can anyone help me extract the textures for Casual Tourist in Santa Fortuna, so i can change the colors of the shirt and pants.

It’s decent, but i have Sam Fisher in H2 and he looks way out of place:

SamLameOutfit.PNG

I’m thinking grey shirt and ashen dark grey slacks.

2 Likes

Yeah, i can help you

1 Like

sounds good, thanks.

I’m not sure how we’d communicate, but i can paint skins (i know how they are unwrapped from 3d to 2d so they may be squashed,) etc.

I’m hoping to get Sam Fisher into H3 as well, but i want to start with reskinning a stock suit.

I totally appreciate the help. This is some of my previous 3d and 2d artwork:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/o21vGm

They were replying to a different post…

2 Likes

So, I was wondering, how could I play as Bradley Paine in missions? Is there any way to swap my default suit with his model?

1 Like

@BradleyPaine the post i replied to is a tutorial.

3 Likes

Freelancer Variations is now live

Please use this thread to discuss it

18 Likes

It is possible to use a 3D App to modify 47 Model (or even a brand new one, if skeletal structure is the same,) then you can import a new character.

John Wick Mod, Sam Fisher Conviction. are two that come to mind.

1 Like

What I’m most concerned about is when SMF and such will be able to be updated so I can play offline as soon as I can buy a DLC. I’ve been checking on here and Discord and it seems like there’s issues that are on going (?).

1 Like

Anyone familiar with modding. How can I change the color of the coat on the Neon City Suit. Only for personal use, since I’ve heard the modding community doesn’t like the replacements/re-colors of suits. Thanks in advance. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Recolouring isn’t bad, it’s replacing the signature suit (or others) with an NPC model or a disguise from a map that annoys us all.

You can use QuickEntity editor and a material override for that.

1 Like

The reason I’m asking is because the Offline Mode Enhanced mod seems to be having issues with the new patch, though I did think I read somewhere it’s being worked on/updated. However, I also think I saw that it might be a few days before it’s back up and running.

Which is no big deal, just want to confirm what I think I saw, and I’m waiting to get the money to pay for a DLC pack anyways.

I’m not updating any of my other mods until I fix the quite large bugs with Freelancer Variations at the moment, so you’ll have to be patient but I now have a few days off work so hopefully I can get more stuff done

3 Likes

I tried to play the Freelancer mod on Peacock but my peacock show me everytime i click:

Just empty

2 Likes

That would be because Peacock does not currently support Freelancer

4 Likes

So how am i play this mod?

1 Like

Using official servers, like everyone else.

6 Likes

Thank you Hitchkas.

I am not a Hitman modder either. I can paint in Photoshop skins for models i create, or downloaded assets i can export.

The file structure and packaging is my brick wall i would have to climb for one or 2 reskins, and definitely for personal use.

I can see the Columbian Codename 47 skin replacing the Classic Tourist suit, sadly the Olive Drab for H3 and Columbian Suit for H2 are just so low detail, it makes me sad.

Would want to remaster the skin, meaning adding a new layer and include a more detailed camouflage pattern; And if a bump or normal map is available, add a third layer to make cloth detailing, as i have seen many of the suits seem to have the cloth hatches visible and reacting to light. I use CrazyBump for normals and displacement generation, also does AO and Specular.

TL;DR. I would want to paint Remasters, but i don’t know the file structure, so if someone helped me with extracted texture maps, in a Photoshop readable format, i would paint, then upload to Drive for packaging.

1 Like

Hi can anyone know to add this glassess and can put it into a mod?

4 Likes