HITMAN 3 - Modding Thread

The mod actually does work in the Freelancer safehouse, but I haven’t played Freelancer proper since I installed the mod. Been working on some map mastery challenges, which is how I found the problem to begin with, and AFAIK regular suits still work, I just have no idea why the game is being picky about the maps when I do use the modded one.

1 Like

That was fixed the day after the Freelancer release

1 Like

I’m now considering making my own thread for H3/WOA, involving semi-auto rifles and SMGs. Of course, I haven’t done anything like this before (I attempted and failed), and I’m very computer/tech illiterate. So, if no one is making such a mod, I decided to see about doing it myself.

Thus, I will need basically step by step instructions and such, and I’d like to make this available on SMF if possible.

Hey @Dinozafr :wave: I am asking again because of that change of the menu picture from Diana to Grey :see_no_evil: You said it’s easy and that you can help me with that? Do you want me to write you a PN about this? Would love to do it and I would be very happy if you could help me with that :heart:

2 Likes

18 Likes

That’s beautiful :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: but how?

3 Likes

You have to consider the VR Mode spacing for this.

2 Likes

Not my mod though.

7 Likes

Do you mind telling us who made this mod? Is it available on the internet for everyone to use?

1 Like

It looks like a new version of Heritage UI but currently it’s page is unavailable on Nexus.
It’s probably not fully completed yet.

4 Likes

NeroCross is correct, it’s the WIP version of heritage ui.

4 Likes

@Atampy26 I’m having trouble running the SMF right now - I’m running a legit Steam copy of the latest version of H3 (3.140.0) and the latest version of SMF (2.15.1) but I’m getting the following error:

Please can you help?

2 Likes

That’s odd. Have you made any manual modifications to game files?

2 Likes

Yep, that’ll be it. Whenever a new version of the H3 exe file comes out with an update to the game, I open the exe file with a hex editor and make the following change (that I found on the Ansel threads on HMF) to ‘unlock’ the camera in Ansel mode and let it travel anywhere around the map, not restricted to being within a certain proximity of 47:

Is it a case that using the SMF and doing the Ansel-camera-unlock hex edit to the H3 exe file are mutually exclusive and I’m going to have to pick one?

1 Like

You can use SMF with the vanilla exe, apply your mods and then switch on your modified exe. I do that to use :

AnselUnlock : 83 F8 0F 75 1C 0F 54 => 83 F8 0F EB 1C 0F 54
+
NoCollision : E8 6D 0C 00 00 => 90 90 90 90 90

4 Likes

Awesome, thanks!! :smiley: Just to clarify the exact sequence, is it correct to:

1. Get a ‘clean’ version of the H3 exe file (by Verifying Integrity of Local Files etc in Steam)
  2. Run Simple Mod Framework and apply desired mods
  3. THEN edit the H3 exe file to apply Ansel camera unlock
  4. Play successfully modded H3 with Ansel freecam

Btw, I did NOT know about the No Collisions edit! Does that allow me to go through walls etc when moving the free-cam in Ansel? If so, that would be a game changer: the sheer AMOUNT of doors I had to crowbar/sniper/explosive force permanently open to get some of my Mission Stories-ish screenshot series was insane because I needed a clear, collision-free path to move the camera where I wanted it!

1 Like

Yes, this is the way.

Yes.

1 Like

Oh it’s party time at Scat Towers tonight! No Collisions when moving the Ansel cam, what a time to be alive! Thank you! :grin:

1 Like
6 Likes

Edit: Nevermind :see_no_evil:

1 Like