HITMAN 3 - Modding Thread

Well, I know, but I won’t tell :wink:
Also, when you are making these voice packs, do assign voices to NPC’s manually or is there some system that does it automatically? I’m wondering because some NPC’s have dialogue, and when prompted, they use different VA, which is kinda distracting, and also because I was wondering if there is some way to fix this issue in Special Assigments, where targets have two different VA’s - one for normal dialogue, and one after you prompt them by bumping them or distracting them
https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/comments/nxz7x0/the_way_his_voice_and_accent_change_all_of_a/

1 Like

A mix of both. Originally I only knew how to manually pick NPC voices, but then with some help figured out how to automatic, randomised voices from a pool and I prefer that 'cause less work.

That’s an odd mistake from IO, usually they pick the same voice as the actor; that could be easily set to the “Oo is frowing fings around here, come onn!” voice actor. Such a tiny change I don’t know if I could be putting it in my mod tho; maybe next update?

3 Likes

Unless I’m mistaken, the VA differences are most apparent on Elusive Targets, which The Illusionist was originally planned to be. I’ve always noticed VA differences with them outside of one time a male tourist voice came from a female NPC in Mumbai. Not sure if that ever got fixed though.

2 Likes

Hey ,can u chage the bodyguards’ voice ?I love the Hitman 1’s bodyguards’ voice,hitman 2 and 3 are terrible .Could u teach me how to do it?

1 Like

What happened to that Offline Megapack that was uploaded on Nexus some time ago? It was another mod for Offline Hitman besides the Offline Refined

1 Like

You already asked this and got the answer…

4 Likes

Can I change it online ?

1 Like

My head is a disaster

Thanks

1 Like

Hey, I’m the person who updated the randomizer mod for 3.70.0.

Not sure why @Khakiasp said it has not been, since I already linked to it up-thread.

The “preview2” tag just means that there may be issues, but I’ve been using it for over a week now without any obvious bugs, crashes, or performance issues. Try it out and let me know if you have any problems.

3 Likes

@grappigegovert I just realized you’re the author of Localghost/Roulette. I wanted to use both the Randomizer and Roulette together. The Roulette goals for “specific melee weapons” and “specific firearms” specify individual items (fire axe, katana) but the for obvious reasons I can’t guarantee any specific item exists on a level if the items are being randomized.

Would it be possible to communicate between the server and client to update the goal once the items have been placed into the level, and choose from what it knows is actually there?

EDIT: Or if it only specified a melee or throw kill, and doesn’t specify an item, that would work too.

1 Like

Couldn’t you get a list of items that must be placed in the level (like melee requirements) and distribute those, like the treasure hunt mode?

1 Like

That’s probably what I’m going to end up doing :slight_smile: I thought it might be interesting if the Roulette/mod could somehow relay information to each other to suggest items that weren’t originally on the level.

It’s definitely possible if you set up endpoints for it in LG, but then you’d be stuck using that specific server instance

I’m not the author of the roulette, that would be Mike Koch / MrMike (no idea if he’s on the forums).
The in-game roulette of his is largely based on localghost, but afaik the actual roulette spin is generated on hitmaps servers and not the game server.
He has made his in-game roulette code private, so I’m afraid you’ll have to write your own roulette spin generator.

1 Like

The game decides what objectives to show just before loading a level, so you’ll have to send the list of items to the server before that.
I don’t think there’s a way to update objectives once the level has started (from the server at least)

2 Likes

I played a lot with it, and it was awesome. Didn’t encounter bugs or anything.

1 Like

Yes, yes, YES!

7 Likes

cool mod. Me like this mod

14 Likes

When I think of a “hackable camera” I imagine 47 using it to see whatever the camera sees with his own camera. But I know that’d probably be impossible. Still cool.

2 Likes

Speaking of it, a mod to restore the possibility of destroying cameras with heavy thrown items would be pretty nice. Still sad they patched that out

11 Likes