HITMAN 3 Soundtrack / OST - Discussion

HITMAN 3 theme for just sitting in the menu and listening to it, 2016 theme for nostalgia

5 Likes

Menu sound:
Hitman 3 very cool
Hitman 2016 my favorite vibes
Hitman 2 i always put on mute :rofl:

=======
In hitman 3
Dubai very cool music
Chongqing disspointed no chinese music at all
Berlin club very nice
The best sound in triology was in mumbai.

2 Likes

I liked the H3 theme. Now I hate it because of the amount of time I would sit there hearing it while trying every five minutes or so to connect to the servers when the game was broken on PS5.

In my mind, that theme is forever linked to frustration.

5 Likes

Shame they didn’t include the PZ0 soundtrack but I’m pretty happy H2 finally got a release. Love that soundtrack.

3 Likes

new Salem mix. great soundtrack from Chongqing

3 Likes

Guys, just so you know, the Club Hölle soundtrack was composed by noneon(the guy who made Miami club soundtrack). Kinda shitty that he didn’t get any credit tho. Hope IO changes this.

9 Likes

I enjoy their works as well. But just to be sure, where did you learn that it is their creation?

Huh, that’s weird. I totally remember seeing their comment on one of Salem’s mixes(probably Berlin). It was like this:

noneon: Hope everyone enjoys the Club Hölle theme.
Salem: Was it you who composed it?
noneon: Yes. I don’t mind not getting credit, but (something I don’t remember)

But now I can’t seem to find it. Maybe @Salem could help?

2 Likes

The Main Theme from Hitman 3 is my favourite from the whole trilogy. But the rest of the soundtrack is
 okay
 I like the music in the Dubai starting cutscene, because it has those spy thriller vibes. But the rest of the soundtrack is meh.

The Club Hölle song is my favorite, because it really fits the atmosphere and I like how the lights in the club fit to the song.

I don’t like the music in Dartmoor. At the end it is okay, but I would have loved more of a Sherlock Holmes styled theme, something like this one:

kind of weird how all my favourite WoA tracks aren’t composed by the composer :thinking:

I’m so disappointed
 Hitman 3 has the worst theme of the trilogy with 2016 being the definite best version. Loading up WOA to that blood red title screen in 2017 was bliss. I think the Hitman 3 theme is way too dramatic and I’ve had family members tell me to shut the volume off while playing because it “gives them anxiety” that never happened with 2016 and I gotta agree.

7 Likes

It was on my Berlin mix, the conversation went like this:

“noeneon: Hopefully everyone likes the Club Hölle music.
Me: Did you compose it as well? Club Hölle was credited to Niels Bye Nielsen in the official soundtrack release.
noeneon: Yeah I noticed that myself as well, I’m fine not being credited but everyone agrees Club Hölle isn’t really something Neils would do”

Noeneon must have deleted the comment themselves, that’s a shame.

But on my extended version of Kronstadt Paddock you can still find one of their comments from 2 weeks ago stating that noeneon made the drivers’ lounge track, the Kronstadt paddock track and of course Club Hölle in Berlin (not the other paddocks songs however).

In fact I did some digging while writing this post and I found out that noeneon actually released the track on Youtube and Spotify.
They weren’t given proper credit possibly because they only produced parts of the track (which makes sense considering the use of the Mission Accomplished leitmotif). Still a dick move from IOI though.

16 Likes

yeah noeneon said this:

It has but their reasoning is because I didn’t do all the music just parts that I “don’t deserve such a title”
Seems like a dick move but I was paid well so I’ll take that I guess.

i wonder what portion of the track noeneon made that IOI didn’t even want to credit him at all.

11 Likes

wtf that’s an incredibly scummy thing to do. there already is a lack of respect for music talent in the games industry, and this totally contributes to it. you even see high profile creators like Marty O’Donnell getting the shaft. as a musician this makes me lose a fair amount of respect in Io. CREDIT THE FUCKING ARTISTS

1 Like

Noeneon replied this to me on his own release video:

nowhere in my contract do they have to credit me. Also kinda feels like biting the hand that feeds you if I ask for credit

5 Likes

yeah more often than not companies aren’t legally required to credit, but it’s still basic courtesy. I honestly just feel bad for Noeneon because you can tell he wants credit but he’s afraid of losing future job opportunities. artists should never feel afraid of wanting basic recognition for putting days/weeks of work into projects

13 Likes

Mendoza is just a goldmine of good tracks from Niels. you can tell he’s in his element on this one. absolute bangers, especially the tango tracks

9 Likes

Yus!

I’ve been dying to be able to listen to the “Exfiltration (World of Assassination Version)” for weeks since it never plays in full in-game because of the music audio bugs. Loved that track the first time I heard it.

5 Likes

Does anyone have the music sheet for " Tears of Thornbridge Manor"?

Why this music (and the one from the Dubai trailers) never made it into the game(s) is a mystery to me

3 Likes